• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Next coach of the Hawks should be....

Diesel

lol @ SVG and JVGASG can't afford or (won't pay for )an experienced head coach.The hawks haven't hired an experienced head coach since Lenny Wilkens.Krueger , Stotts, Woodson, and Drew were all first time head coaches.I see no reason to believe that pattern will change.Look for Van Exel or Jerry Stackhouse to coach the hawks before a proven guy gets hired.

Stop with this coach bullshit. If they don't have a superstar it's pointless anyway. You can't build a team around a superstar without a superstar. You can't have peanut butter without peanuts. You can't have a baby without a female. You can't watch a VHS without a VCR.

• Premium Member

Unlike others in the greatest sport of them all, we don't cry over spilled milk! We reassemble the team. Then we say to our opponents, you did it once, now, do it again!! One time means Nothing. Do it again.

• Premium Member

Do you think LD will be brought back if we get crushed in the playoffs? I would think he shouldn't be brought back.

We set a precedence with Woody.Moreover, his contract is up just like Woody's .I wish our owners would be less cheap in more important areas.Let's put out 6 million per and get a JVG to come in and take hold of this team.I know 18 million is a lot but how do you get a 120 million dollar player and coach him and these other guys with a 0.76 million dollar coach who has never been a coach before.

Until the ASG spend money on GM, coaching and scouting we will always suck.

Goodbye ASG - here is hoping for a successful sale this off season Posted Image

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I really don't think there will be a coaching change. Heck, I doubt there will be many changes other than briniging in guys to replace the bench guys.

In other words, more of the same next year. Because, you know, the Hawks ARE the most successful sports franchise in Atlanta (according to Mikey G Jr). Posted Image

svg or jvg. I wonder if svg gets booted out of orlando if he is going to want to build a team to take them down consistently year after year.Unfortunately coaches of that caliber are probably going to avoid ASG.

svg or jvg. I wonder if svg gets booted out of orlando if he is going to want to build a team to take them down consistently year after year.Unfortunately coaches of that caliber are probably going to avoid ASG.

Exactly. I can't think of a reason why anyone would come to this franchise. The ownership puts you behind the eight ball from the get go. No scouting, cheap front office staff, and every move has to be voted on by a committee. That is a recipe for disaster (or stagnation in this case). I love the Hawks as a pro sports team. I simply HATE the ownership; thus, my posts about how awful a situation the franchise is in.