• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horf + Smoove don't mix?

Diesel

• Premium Member

This year, without Horf, we're better than we were last year.Is it because Smoove and Horf don't mix?When Horf went out, Smoove got better. Allstar better. Last year, Smoove was nothing special.I say it's the coach..But could it be that Smoove and Horf play the same position and tend to get into each other's way?Does the offense stall trying to find Horf's game?Does the collection of Smoove + Horf causes either one of them or JJ to be short?

• Premium Member

This year, without Horf, we're better than we were last year.Is it because Smoove and Horf don't mix?When Horf went out, Smoove got better. Allstar better. Last year, Smoove was nothing special.I say it's the coach..But could it be that Smoove and Horf play the same position and tend to get into each other's way?Does the offense stall trying to find Horf's game?Does the collection of Smoove + Horf causes either one of them or JJ to be short?

As a 4-5 combination, they never were a good combination against elite teams because they are too small (Al is a 4 and Josh is a 3/4). They are a weak rebounding team year after year for a reason. It's really neither guys fault this is the case.

No no no, the problem is not Horford, it's Josh. Josh is a great player but he doesn't fit in with this team. He needs a team where he can do EVERYTHING because that's what he is, a multidimensional player. He can run fastbreaks, make great passes, and score like crazy when he gets hot. The problem is, we don't need that right now because we have personal who can do that already. Teague and Joe can handle the fastbreaks, we don't need our forward doing that when we already have players that can do it for us. Joe can handle the scoring when given enough shots, we don't need Josh to take the most shots in ANY game. Furthermore, Horf showed that he is still as efficient as ever, shooting 60% back in his first playoff game this year. Josh on the other hand needs a team where he can show off his true talents and at the same time not be detremental to the team. He needs to go in the offseason, it's a win win for us and whatever team wants him.

• Like 3

I am annoying when I make Mayo threads but you are just annoying in general. STFU Diesel. This team isn't any good. We rarely beat anyone good this year. Most of our wins came thanks to us playing in the East v. super bad non playoff teams. Josh Smith didn't even make the All Star team. He shot the ball the second most in the NBA outside of Kobe and barely scored over 20 ppg. He lost us a lot of games in the last 5 years. To even compare him to Horford is disrepectful on a pure overall POV. If you said Smith is more talented, I could agree but this right here is down right shameful. Smith on offense is the reason why no one will trade us a star for him and while everyone is willing to trade for Horf when we can't trade Horf because he is the main piece to play with the star. No one who is a star wants to play with Smith. They would all rather he comes off the bench. Seriously. Coaching and analysts agree as well.

• Like 2

I really would get rid of Josh Smith for a very high lotto pick to a team who could use him like New Orleans.

• Like 1

I really would get rid of Josh Smith for a very high lotto pick to a team who could use him like New Orleans.

That would be great for both teams, Smoove can become a superstar in N.O. a team with a great fanbase and great culture. Us on the other hand can get a shotblocking presence in the upcoming draft. Win Win!

That would be great for both teams, Smoove can become a superstar in N.O. a team with a great fanbase and great culture. Us on the other hand can get a shotblocking presence in the upcoming draft. Win Win!

I don't know about that but he would be a good fit with Kaman and Gordon as well as whoever they take with the other pick.

• Premium Member

No no no, the problem is not Horford, it's Josh. Josh is a great player but he doesn't fit in with this team. He needs a team where he can do EVERYTHING because that's what he is, a multidimensional player. He can run fastbreaks, make great passes, and score like crazy when he gets hot. The problem is, we don't need that right now because we have personal who can do that already. Teague and Joe can handle the fastbreaks, we don't need our forward doing that when we already have players that can do it for us. Joe can handle the scoring when given enough shots, we don't need Josh to take the most shots in ANY game. Furthermore, Horf showed that he is still as efficient as ever, shooting 60% back in his first playoff game this year. Josh on the other hand needs a team where he can show off his true talents and at the same time not be detremental to the team. He needs to go in the offseason, it's a win win for us and whatever team wants him.

Well said. It's no secret a team plays better whe everyone is allowed to play their needed role (see game 3). However, when you have guys who want to try and do it all and do more than their ability and skillset suggests, it adversely affects the team.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I am annoying when I make Mayo threads but you are just annoying in general. STFU Diesel. This team isn't any good. We rarely beat anyone good this year. Most of our wins came thanks to us playing in the East v. super bad non playoff teams. Josh Smith didn't even make the All Star team. He shot the ball the second most in the NBA outside of Kobe and barely scored over 20 ppg. He lost us a lot of games in the last 5 years. To even compare him to Horford is disrepectful on a pure overall POV. If you said Smith is more talented, I could agree but this right here is down right shameful. Smith on offense is the reason why no one will trade us a star for him and while everyone is willing to trade for Horf when we can't trade Horf because he is the main piece to play with the star. No one who is a star wants to play with Smith. They would all rather he comes off the bench. Seriously. Coaching and analysts agree as well.

You make me laugh. First with your tribute to a scrub. Second with your act as if you are some evaluator of talent. Third with your senseless statements.

Such as:

1. Josh Smith didn't even make the Allstar team.

Josh was the biggest Allstar snub in the last 10 years. Do you really think Deng or whoever the hell else they had ahead of him was more worthy than he?

2. To even compare him to Horford is disrepectful on a pure overall POV.

did you even read the post? Nowhere do I compare the two. My point was are they just a bad combination (mainly due to lack of size or sameness of skillset).

3. Smith on offense is the reason why no one will trade us a star for him and while everyone is willing to trade for Horf when we can't trade Horf because he is the main piece to play with the star.

Posted Image

• Moderators

Smoove has started posting up this year and playing an inside offensive game. I think he's just finally figured out how to be a beast every night (most nights). Maybe having Horford out gave him the chance to do that but i don't think he'll go backwards with Horford back. I think we will be friggin hard to stop. Horford out, Zaza out, Josh out. If we were healthy we'd beat these Celtics. To me the biggest issue the Hawks have is not enough good shooters. We need a wing who can shoot the ball (and play defense). When Pierce, Rondo, Allen are knocking down jumpers like that we can't keep up.

It's pretty obvious that Smoove is a lot better than Horford. People say that Smoove hasn't even reached his potential yet, but yet is still better than Horford. Why people choose sides over Horford and Smoove? I'm not to sure, but it seems like most people on this site either hate Smoove, but love Horford. It's funny to see it, but it's the truth.If anything, I think we need to trade Al or try and get rid of Joe. Since Al Horford is so much better, then we should be able to get better trade pieces. Josh has stepped up his game, and it's been proven that we don't need Al on this team. "Al is so good" that people tend to forget that he plays on the Hawks. But like I said, since Al is so much better, lets try and trade Horford for some good players. We obvi don't need Horford (Look at this season), so why not trade him to make this team better?

Smoove never plays well in BostonWe have now been blown out 5/5 playoff games in Boston when smoove played and he was a big part of our bad start every timeWe are also 0/1 in Boston without smoove but that one went into OTHe tries to do too much early and that gets them a good lead quickly; bad turnovers and bad shots with long rebounds for them get us in a hole quickly

• Like 1

Horford is a much better player potentially and team wise over Smith and it's not even close either. There is a reason why CP3 or Deron plus Horf= Superstars v. Kobe+ Bynum plus Josh Smith= Smith as a 6th man. Why you think Josh hasn't been traded yet ahawks89. 53 points on 54 shots. He doesn't move without the Basketball. He stands at the 3 pt line like a jackass. He is soft as hell in the paint. Bad shots, turnovers, refusing to play off ball defense at times, low overall offensive BBIQ, and shit like this is what Josh Smith is all about regardless of how talented he is and yes, Josh is very talented.

Posted Image

• Premium Member

Smoove never plays well in BostonWe have now been blown out 5/5 playoff games in Boston when smoove played and he was a big part of our bad start every timeWe are also 0/1 in Boston without smoove but that one went into OTHe tries to do too much early and that gets them a good lead quickly; bad turnovers and bad shots with long rebounds for them get us in a hole quickly

I don't understand why some don't see this. Is it because he's from Atlanta? Is it because of the dunks? Is it because his stats look better with more shots this year?And as far as saying he's better than Horford, well you probably won't hear that from anyone outside of the Josh Smith fan club. Al doesn't have to take wild errant shots or dominate the ball to be effective. He's been an all-star playing the right way. What's more, he allows other guys to play their roles rather than getting in the way of that. Smoove is talented, but he rarely plays with discipline. Give me Horford. Edited by Jody23
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

It's pretty obvious that Smoove is a lot better than Horford. People say that Smoove hasn't even reached his potential yet, but yet is still better than Horford. Why people choose sides over Horford and Smoove? I'm not to sure, but it seems like most people on this site either hate Smoove, but love Horford. It's funny to see it, but it's the truth.

If anything, I think we need to trade Al or try and get rid of Joe. Since Al Horford is so much better, then we should be able to get better trade pieces. Josh has stepped up his game, and it's been proven that we don't need Al on this team. "Al is so good" that people tend to forget that he plays on the Hawks. But like I said, since Al is so much better, lets try and trade Horford for some good players. We obvi don't need Horford (Look at this season), so why not trade him to make this team better?

with Al: Second-round exit

without Al: likely first-round exit.

Yes. This proves we don't need Al, his team play, his knowledge of his own role or his high percentage FGs. Posted Image

• Like 1

with Al: Second-round exit

without Al: likely first-round exit.

Yes. This proves we don't need Al, his team play, his knowledge of his own role or his high percentage FGs. Posted Image

His blocks, steals, assist, points, and rebound are way better than Smooves too. LOL.

Like I said, I'm all down to trade Smoove or Horford, but if only one gets traded (depending on the trade) than I rather Horford get traded, unless we get more valuable pieces with Smoove (which I don't see happening since Al Horford is so damn good).

Horford is a valuable piece. Josh Smith isn't. He is an important piece but he can be moved for young talent if ASG cheap ass can get someone to be a #1 option. No one we will get in a trade will be worth Horford. Even Deron Williams isn't worth Horford. Deron just this year missed the playoffs for the 2nd straight year. He's about as talented as Josh but because he is smart and can make others better who have the ability like Horf and Joe, Deron>>>>Josh. No one can make Josh better, he's a jackass.