• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What goes on in the world of Joshua Smith's brain?

Joker

• Premium Member

Missed easy dunk, blown fast break, some horrible outside shots, almost handed the game to the Cs.But I'll not complain. Not tonight. We was great in the 4th and redeemed his many sins with hustle in the last play.GO HAWKS! GO BIRDBRAIN!

• Premium Member

Chill out with the negative stuff man. Without Josh the Hawks are preparing for vacation. That last play was just as much Rondo making an incredible steal as it was Josh making a bad pass.

Chill out with the negative stuff man. Without Josh the Hawks are preparing for vacation. That last play was just as much Rondo making an incredible steal as it was Josh making a bad pass.

Marvin outplayed Josh last night so lets flip the switch. Without Marvin we would be preparing for vacation....I think we could live without Josh's .370 fg% to be honest... Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

Marvin outplayed Josh last night so lets flip the switch. Without Marvin we would be preparing for vacation....I think we could live without Josh's .370 fg% to be honest...

What about his 4th quarter? He made some huge jumpers down the stretch. Really man it was a team effort. All the guys made some key plays.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Joes lack of ability to score is more frustrating than what goes on in Josh's head

Not really.We're up by twelve... Josh committed three bad things in a row... Led us to be tied in 2 minutes.I think Josh has the ability and freedom to put us in games and take us out of games.Joe has the same ability... down the stretch Joe stunk too, but his mistakes don't give the other teams momentum... it just puts us in a harder situation.For some of the 3rd and 4th, I wondered if Josh was on the sabotage. Playing by Josh's personality, we are an up and down team.IF finally get it.If we have the personality of Smoove, we're up and down.If we have the personality of Joe, we're steady but not necessarily winning.Marvin's personality is apathetic.Teague's personality is actually one of the better personalities..but it's not consistent.Smoove's personality trumps Joe's personality most of the time because Joe is too laid back. Therefore we are a roller coaster.We have to have the personality of Al. He's a winner. BAWSE.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

We need to build around Teague and Horf

you forgot Josh

Missed easy dunk, blown fast break, some horrible outside shots, almost handed the game to the Cs.But I'll not complain. Not tonight. We was great in the 4th and redeemed his many sins with hustle in the last play.GO HAWKS! GO BIRDBRAIN!

I was listening on the radio. I thought Steve Holman was gonna have a stroke. He couldn't believe the junky long jum shots Josh was taking and missing, trying to get too fancy on a dunk and missing it, missing a layup. He was thoroughly disgusted. 0 for 8. Obviously Josh was hampered by the crowd not going into an "MVP" chant for him.

Al rolling to the basket on the PnR for an EASY 2 points is a thing of beauty, unlike Josh who floats to the 3 point line for a bad shot.

Without Josh, we wouldn't be preparing for anything. We would be on vacation. Playoffs wouldn't have happened. Period. Man, I swear, Josh plays out of his mind while Horford is injured and we should trade Horford because "we don't need him". Smith has a game with plenty of blunders mixed with solid hustle and an almost game losing, subsequently game saving, play and he turns into garbage. Mix that with Horford playing out of his mind and now we should trade Smith because "we don't need him". Stop reacting to every little change in the wind. At this rate, everyone on the team should have been traded at some point. This was the first real game back for Horford. Let's hope that our entire team (JJ included) brings the pain tomorrow night. We could be hearing a very different story from the morons at TNT on Sunday.

• Like 2

I was listening on the radio. I thought Steve Holman was gonna have a stroke. He couldn't believe the junky long jum shots Josh was taking and missing, trying to get too fancy on a dunk and missing it, missing a layup. He was thoroughly disgusted. 0 for 8. Obviously Josh was hampered by the crowd not going into an "MVP" chant for him.

Yeah, or maybe he was hampered by his knee. Remember that? He honestly probably shouldn't have played game 4. And knee injuries like this are easy to re-tweak if you push it too earlier. This series would be very different if he hadn't injured his knee in game 2. In fact, it would probably be over right now with us moving to round 2. No wonder Smith wouldn't mind being traded. He is constantly blamed for every problem we have and it's impossible for him to do enough. Yeah, he takes stupid shots sometimes. Yes, he makes risky passes. Yes, he gambles on steals and blocks at times. But he also makes those shots at times, beautiful passes, steals, and amazing blocks. He took a few jumpers in the second half last night that were clutch and he had the most assists on the team for the game. Everyone is quick to talk about the pick and roll between Horford and Teague (which I loved!), but no one is mentioning Josh hitting Horford, Marvin, and other players for easy dunks last night.13pts, 16reb, 6ast. I will take that all day. Especially considering how lopsided the calls were in the first half (10-2 fouls in favor of Boston halfway through the 2nd and there were some obvious no calls for us).

Yeah, or maybe he was hampered by his knee. Remember that? He honestly probably shouldn't have played game 4. And knee injuries like this are easy to re-tweak if you push it too earlier. This series would be very different if he hadn't injured his knee in game 2. In fact, it would probably be over right now with us moving to round 2. No wonder Smith wouldn't mind being traded. He is constantly blamed for every problem we have and it's impossible for him to do enough. Yeah, he takes stupid shots sometimes. Yes, he makes risky passes. Yes, he gambles on steals and blocks at times. But he also makes those shots at times, beautiful passes, steals, and amazing blocks. He took a few jumpers in the second half last night that were clutch and he had the most assists on the team for the game. Everyone is quick to talk about the pick and roll between Horford and Teague (which I loved!), but no one is mentioning Josh hitting Horford, Marvin, and other players for easy dunks last night.13pts, 16reb, 6ast. I will take that all day. Especially considering how lopsided the calls were in the first half (10-2 fouls in favor of Boston halfway through the 2nd and there were some obvious no calls for us).

I agree I also think that the knee was the reason for the missed dunk and difficulty finishing inside. What the knee doesn't excuse are the lazy passes or camping out at the 3pt line and that's something that Josh has to clean up. However, he made a ton of big plays and had some awesome passes that nobody else on our team is capable of making, which got Al some big buckets.

People always excuse his bad shots and bad passes because they work occasionally. He's a large net negative in those areas, and the Hawks would benefit greatly from him playing within his ability. Sure he made some big jumpers down the stretch, but a shot in the 4th is worth just as much as a shot in the first 3 quarters. And you can't blame his knee, because Josh is playing no differently than he usually does. Offensively anyway. To his credit he has been a monster on the glass.

Edited by High5
  • Like 1

What about his 15 rpg in the playoffs so far?

.370 fg% is about as bad as a starter can get. If he was taking say 4 to 8 shots a game like Rodman, those boards would be appreciated a lot more. But when he is chucking 16 shots a game and shooting like that, the stupid shots are balancing out the great rebounding.That is my opinion on Josh and I have been consistent with it since his 2nd year in the league. He could be a Rodman like rebounder/defender, the talent and ability is right there, but he waste to many valuable possesions trying to be Reggie Miller instead... Edited by Buzzard