• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Johnson: “I thought we did what we could with what we had."

GameTime

Josh on what “one or two” things could have made a difference for the Hawks: “Maybe we could have shot a little bit more free throws. It was 24-10. We was being aggressive; we just wasn’t getting the calls. I don’t know what we had to do. We played our hearts out tonight. We fell short. A couple controversial calls. Things like that happen when you are on the road. You have to try your hardest to try not to make it a close game. When you play in an environment like the Garden in Boston, they have some of the best fans in the whole entire league. Like I said before, I was a little jealous because the fans here are so supportive of their team. You go out, look in the stands there is nothing but Celtics jerseys. I don’t see a trace of red in there. Understanding that the fans are that passionate, it adds an extra advantage for them. A bad shot can be as good a turnover when you are playing against a team like Boston, especially with the fanbase they have.”

This is tough you know... I do feel for the guys here.

Josh had the balls to call out the refs but I don't know if I am ok with him saying that if he could do it over again (jumpshots) he would do the same thing....smh the guy won't ever get it. He thinks that the team has to settle for what the boston defense gives them.

(soft music)"We did what we had (softer) ..but that was all we could....we tried to do stuff - but nobody told us....YOU GOTTTA PLAY HARD YOU GOTTA PLAY TO WIN YOU GOTTA MAKE SHOTS...but...we did what we could and traded shots around - but nobody told us...YOU GOTTA HAVE AN OFFENSE AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF MISMATCHES..but...we did what we could...everybody got their shots early. Sure Marvin was hot - but we know what we gotta do...EVERYBODY GETS THEIR SHOTS...DOESN"T MATTER WHO IS HOT..THIS IS THE HAWKS AND EVERYBODY GETS THEIR SHOTS..but...(sometimes it doesn't work)

Josh on what “one or two” things could have made a difference for the Hawks: “A bad shot can be as good a turnover when you are playing against a team like Boston, especially with the fanbase they have.”

Fans have nothing to do with this but he is spot on about a bad shot equaling a turnover. He should know this and not take them lmao...

Its tough to get the casual fan interested in the team when both the national and local media don't believe in the team.In some respects, the Hawks need make the media, and the casual fan, believe. Beating Boston would have gone a long way in this regard. I mean, where were the Boston fans when they sucked? They weren't at the games, that's for sure. They got the big 3, generated interest, and won a title. Win Hawks, and the fans will love you forever.

Its tough to get the casual fan interested in the team when both the national and local media don't believe in the team.In some respects, the Hawks need make the media, and the casual fan, believe. Beating Boston would have gone a long way in this regard. I mean, where were the Boston fans when they sucked? They weren't at the games, that's for sure. They got the big 3, generated interest, and won a title. Win Hawks, and the fans will love you forever.

I am not sure beating Boston would do it. 1st round victories have not done anything for us nationally....My money is on the sixers running the old celtics off the court. Instead of playing in Miami, Garnett will be resting in Miami enjoying his retirement... Edited by Buzzard

ASG and Sund