• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Possible Hawks coaches?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Who wrote that article? Wow. Phil Jackson? LOL. The A$G would never spend that kind of money on a coach. If Drew leaves I'm already prepared for the NEW cheapest head coach in the NBA Mr. Bob Bender to take over.

lol Phil Jackson. Trolling to the ten degree.

• Like 1

Per MC on twitter, the Hawks decision on Drew is on hold right now while they are in talks to bring Rick Sund back.

I hope that those talks bombed for some reason but we are dealing the most cheapest ownership, they wouldnt have the sets to go ahead Phil Jackson or even get a full HC here.

• Moderators

I highly doubt we'll get a high priced coach and/or GM but I wonder some you all who hate the ASG would say if we did...

I would love to be proven wrong on this and see us sign Phil Jackson.

There has to be someone out there. Some new talented coach who can get the job done... Heck if I know, but I'm not paid to pick head coaches.

Someone mentioned Armond Hill, who is an assistant for Doc Rivers and coached in Atlanta during our miserable 13 win season. I don't know how motivating he is as a coach or about his offensive philosophy, but he's a very good defensive mind.

I would love to be proven wrong on this and see us sign Phil Jackson.

Me too! That would mean they'd have to either let him be GM or hand pick his own GM, plus probably be flexible about breaking the roster apart to find his own players. Would likely be very expensive for the Hawks.

• Premium Member

There has to be someone out there. Some new talented coach who can get the job done... Heck if I know, but I'm not paid to pick head coaches.

I'm absolutely positive the A$G will find some team's assistant coach to become the cheapest head coach in the NBA to coach our team. It might even be our own Bob Bender.

• Premium Member

I highly doubt we'll get a high priced coach and/or GM but I wonder some you all who hate the ASG would say if we did...

I wonder what people would think if pigs were flying over Atlanta as well. I find that just as likely as the A$G spending real money on getting a head coach.

Someone mentioned Armond Hill, who is an assistant for Doc Rivers and coached in Atlanta during our miserable 13 win season. I don't know how motivating he is as a coach or about his offensive philosophy, but he's a very good defensive mind.

Hill played for Mike Fratello and has been coaching for Doc Rivers, whose coaching style is very similar to Mike's. So, he has that tough defensive minded back ground, but also a slower paced offensive style back ground. He also coached with Pete Carrill at Princeton, so he has a background in the "Princeton" style half court offense.As an aside, I always felt that Terry Stotts and that coaching staff never got a fair shake in Atlanta.I'll tell you another guy that I have always liked, but his style ends up wearing on players after a few years and that is Eric Musselman. He's another former Mike Fratello guy.

• Premium Member

Hill played for Mike Fratello and has been coaching for Doc Rivers, whose coaching style is very similar to Mike's. So, he has that tough defensive minded back ground, but also a slower paced offensive style back ground.He also coached with Pete Carrill at Princeton, so he has a background in the "Princeton" style half court offense.As an aside, I always felt that Terry Stotts and that coaching staff never got a fair shake in Atlanta.I'll tell you another guy that I have always liked, but his style ends up wearing on players after a few years and that is Eric Musselman. He's another former Mike Fratello guy.

I can say that I really waited for that Princeton style to be implemented here with the backdoor cuts and all.. and we did as much as Woody would do. But I want somebody who has been in the trenches before (Mike Fratello). Somebody that knows how t use everything to his advantage (refs, clock, rotations, etc).I don't see any fault with LD's Xs and Os. My fault with LD has to do witht he other things like rotations, player management and his whole handling of Josh. He basically allowed Josh to be a distraction to his offense and ultimately to the team.I guy like Mike Fratello is going to win but at the same time, he's going to make you pay him so much that he will automatically have Job security.When your coach makes the min... he can be fired at any time. LD was our changing ownership coach. The problem is tht the ownership change fell through.ASG has to commit to winning and now is the time.

I can say that I really waited for that Princeton style to be implemented here with the backdoor cuts and all.. and we did as much as Woody would do. But I want somebody who has been in the trenches before (Mike Fratello). Somebody that knows how t use everything to his advantage (refs, clock, rotations, etc).I don't see any fault with LD's Xs and Os. My fault with LD has to do witht he other things like rotations, player management and his whole handling of Josh. He basically allowed Josh to be a distraction to his offense and ultimately to the team.I guy like Mike Fratello is going to win but at the same time, he's going to make you pay him so much that he will automatically have Job security.When your coach makes the min... he can be fired at any time. LD was our changing ownership coach. The problem is tht the ownership change fell through.ASG has to commit to winning and now is the time.

Our motion is Princeton style. It just doesn't work without a PG, #1 option, Josh Smith, etc.

Sign Jerry Sloan.

Sign Mayo

Trade Smoove and Marvin

Draft a SF or C.

Mayo

Joe

Draft pick

Horf

FA

Posted ImagePosted Image