• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Magic Comments goes farther than Just Josh.

Diesel

Sorry... but Josh doesn't want to be here.Read his interview with MC.He basically says he can't be extended even though he can. He's still upset that he had to "go out and get" his contract and Horf and Joe didn't. He will leave us high and dry if we keep him... then we will be shaking our heads wondering why we got so bad so fast.... and saying..> Damn, we should have gotten somebody through trade.

Josh would be much better in Washington with John Wall and Nene than Atlanta. They can run an up-tempo offense, Nene is the center that can play with Smith, and John Wall needs a legit running mate as well as someone to protect the basket because anytime a team needed a basket v. Washington, they got it with ease.

I already said, Nash has no interest in the Hawks. None, Nada, No interest. Neither does Deron. We are behind Phoenix, Toronto, NYK, Miami, Orlando, Portland, Utah and Dallas for Nash services. We have no shot at all.Now if we get Dwight Howard, that probably changes things a lot but otherwise, no chance in hell.

I think I can count on one hand and maybe an extra finger or two the number of times over the years I've posted here that I used to play point guard at college. There's no reason IMO to bring something like that up outside of sharing personal history. What I object to is nba's usage of it to try and invalidate the opinion of other posters.No one on this site is being paid professionally for their basketball opinion and unless that changes trying to pull the "but I played it in college' card in an argument is just poor form.

I was kind of making a joke with the point guard part, as you can read in the next sentence it depends on an INDIVIDUAL opinion. The two of us might be wrong , but that does not make us right ( which i then followed up with TO EACH HIS OWN). I am not trying to overtake anyone elses opinion, but since this is a forum about the Hawks, a team i believe all of us are pretty die-hard for, I like to voice my opinion on the subject, and listen to other opinions as well. I do not try to come off as pushy, so if i offended anyone by what I said, I apologize.

With all the trash talk of Josh in the forum, makes me wonder if I would have read the same junk back in the 70s about Pete Maravich and in the 80s about Dominque. You want to hand Josh to the Lakers for Gasol who will stay a year or two like Danny Manning and/or Isaiah Rider and when we have nothing to showf or Gasol or Josh 3 years from now, will be shaking your head saying how did we get so bad so fast.Not a path I want to go down. Keep Josh. The man had an outstanding season IMHO.

Lol at putting smoove in the same sentence as two HOFers

• Premium Member

I already said, Nash has no interest in the Hawks. None, Nada, No interest. Neither does Deron. We are behind Phoenix, Toronto, NYK, Miami, Orlando, Portland, Utah and Dallas for Nash services. We have no shot at all.

Now if we get Dwight Howard, that probably changes things a lot but otherwise, no chance in hell.

Oh yeah... Your UNNAMED SOURCES.....

let me let you in on this Supe. We don't believe you. Your credibility here is about as good as Hots saying that he loves every move that the Hawks make. Moreover, just check around at other places... we are mentioned everywhere. We are mentioned in possible Dwight landing places. We are mentioned in Pau Gasol trades. We are mentioned in Nash landing places. Yeah, it's just a mention, but it's a lot better than your Bogus sources. Welcome to Hawksquawk. If you say you can piss the farthest, whip it out and start pissing. Otherwise, keep your trap closed and keep it moving.

I spoke to some people who said Nash and Deron have 0 interest in Atlanta. Once I heard that, it was enough. Dwight doesn't have any interest in Atlanta either that's the reason why I have little to no interest in trading Horford and Smith for him. If we can keep our 1st, Teague, Joe, and Smoove, draft a kid like Machado or Wroten, I don't mind. Dwight might leave but once he sees how good we are with him and he's the king of Atlanta, it will be too damn much for him to bounce in my personal opinion.

You're funny, I didn't have to speak with anybody, neither did anybody else on this board to know that Nash or Deron or even D12 has no interest in Atlanta. All these scenarios are what we would like to see, or hope or would wish to see happen.

Sorry... but Josh doesn't want to be here.Read his interview with MC.He basically says he can't be extended even though he can. He's still upset that he had to "go out and get" his contract and Horf and Joe didn't. He will leave us high and dry if we keep him... then we will be shaking our heads wondering why we got so bad so fast.... and saying..> Damn, we should have gotten somebody through trade.

IMHO, the only reason Josh says that is the local media and a small but vocal section of fandom constantly are saying he is the problem, he is uncoachable, he is the problem. His feelings get hurt. So when you run him out of town and the next "one" come in and you start the same trash talk, that person will say, I want out of this town. The problem isn't Josh.

You're funny, I didn't have to speak with anybody, neither did anybody else on this board to know that Nash or Deron or even D12 has no interest in Atlanta. All these scenarios are what we would like to see, or hope or would wish to see happen.

I assumed the same as you did Jay but you know, I always have some small hope but reality for the Hawks don't work like that. Nothing I said was funny. I agree with the last sentence.

Can we get a top 3 pick for Smoove? I dont want Gasol he makes tons of money and he is old.

It wouldnt say hell no. It really depends on who has one of the top 3 picks and what players are in the draft. Boston gave up pick 5 for Ray Allen. It would have to be a team looking to take the next step and not one completely rebuilding. Smoove is still young. It would also have to be a situation where Smoove is willing to sign an extension.

IMHO, the only reason Josh says that is the local media and a small but vocal section of fandom constantly are saying he is the problem, he is uncoachable, he is the problem. His feelings get hurt. So when you run him out of town and the next "one" come in and you start the same trash talk, that person will say, I want out of this town. The problem isn't Josh.

Yes, it's a rather small part of the fandom that echoes "noooooooo" everytime he winds up for a jumper in Phillips. This small contingent seems to weigh more on his mind than the majority that think he's the most under appreciated superstar since Mitch Richmond.

It wouldnt say hell no. It really depends on who has one of the top 3 picks and what players are in the draft. Boston gave up pick 5 for Ray Allen. It would have to be a team looking to take the next step and not one completely rebuilding. Smoove is still young. It would also have to be a situation where Smoove is willing to sign an extension.

Teams like Washington, New Orleans, Detroit, and Sacramento could have major interest in Smoove. Washington would be the one who would improve the most with Smoove. John Wall would greatly improve and they might even have a shot to sign a SG like a Landry Fields which solidify their starting lineup. If the Wizards like Smith, I expect Wall to be the most improve NBA by a mile. Smith can single-handedly make a defense top 10 if you don't have two liabilities on the court at the same time a lot like Jamal and Bibby.

I was just doing the math.The only teams that can get Smith for a reasonable deal is:SacramentoClevelandPortlandNew OrleansTorontoCharlotteThe only teams that would truly be interested is:TorontoSacramentoNew OrleansClevelandSo there it is. The four teams in the Josh Smith sweepstakes during the draft. What I hope is Sacramento can land the 3rd overall pick. Trade it and Hayes for Smith, we trade 3rd pick to Portland for the 6th and 11th pick and that's that.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Hes not signing with any of those teams 40. I'm telling you that right now. He'll take less money to play with LAL, DEN, HOU, NJ, or DAL.

But Magic is doing what I like to call the Lure tactic. The Lure Tactic is when someone just throws a random idea out there in the air in hopes that the person/people he wants to hear it takes his/her suggestion. Hes hoping LAL be like "wow we could get Josh Smith for Pau Gasol? How come we never thought of that till now? Thanks Magic".

Hes not signing with any of those teams 40. I'm telling you that right now. He'll take less money to play with LAL, DEN, HOU, NJ, or DAL.

But Magic is doing what I like to call the Lure tactic. The Lure Tactic is when someone just throws a random idea out there in the air in hopes that the person/people he wants to hear it takes his/her suggestion. Hes hoping LAL be like "wow we could get Josh Smith for Pau Gasol? How come we never thought of that till now? Thanks Magic".

He doesn't have a choice, he's not Joe. No one is paying top dollar for Josh. No one. Josh would get more money from a cast off team. Teams like LAL, DEN and NJ don't have money. A team like New Orleans has Eric Gordon and money to sign other guys. Josh isn't a championship player. The most he will get is 10-12 which is probably from the team that has him. Quit talking about Josh as if he's Melo or Joe. There is a reason he is never on the All Star team of even in serious consideration for the All NBA.

• Premium Member

Magic is not a superevil genius. Magic is not even a Laker owner anymore. Magic is telling the truth as he sees it based on what the Lakers should do. Gasol is a top big man. Gasol does produce double doubles every year. Gasol is on his way out of LAL. And Gasol would be a great fit here.

He represents what we don't have in our offense but that we direly need... and we're sitting up worried about what's in it for Magic.

Magic is not a superevil genius. Magic is not even a Laker owner anymore. Magic is telling the truth as he sees it based on what the Lakers should do. Gasol is a top big man. Gasol does produce double doubles every year. Gasol is on his way out of LAL. And Gasol would be a great fit here.

He represents what we don't have in our offense but that we direly need... and we're sitting up worried about what's in it for Magic.

This is the bullshit I am talking about. How will he be a great fit?

Gasol is a top big man.

So is Josh.

Gasol does produce double doubles every year.

Josh is close to that and he gives you blocks, steals, and assists.

Gasol is on his way out of LAL.

So is Josh but it sure better not be for Gasol.

Gasol is at that stage where Donovan McNabb was before Philly traded him to Washington.

• Premium Member

This is the bullshit I am talking about. How will he be a great fit?

[*]His 7 foot presence and low post game will allow Al to play PF which is more comfortable for Al.

[*]His low post game will give our offense something other than perimeter shooters for the defense to be concerned about.

[*]His ability to pass out of the post will give us an inside out game that would be fierce because we have very good spot up shooters.

I thought you were a scout?

As a scout, you should feel shame that you dont see how badly we need points in the freakin paint and rebounds....

Shame on you.

He doesn't have a choice, he's not Joe. No one is paying top dollar for Josh. No one. Josh would get more money from a cast off team. Teams like LAL, DEN and NJ don't have money. A team like New Orleans has Eric Gordon and money to sign other guys. Josh isn't a championship player. The most he will get is 10-12 which is probably from the team that has him. Quit talking about Josh as if he's Melo or Joe. There is a reason he is never on the All Star team of even in serious consideration for the All NBA.

I didn't say he is Melo. It's a FACT that DEN tried to get Smith but ATL turned it down. I'm not the smartest guy in the world but common sense sense says he won't sign to those teams you mentioned. If he does I'll delete my account here.

[*]His 7 foot presence and low post game will allow Al to play PF which is more comfortable for Al.

[*]His low post game will give our offense something other than perimeter shooters for the defense to be concerned about.

[*]His ability to pass out of the post will give us an inside out game that would be fierce because we have very good spot up shooters.

I thought you were a scout?

As a scout, you should feel shame that you dont see how badly we need points in the freakin paint and rebounds....

Shame on you

He doesn't play like a 7 footer. He plays like a 6'9 PF. Just like Andrea B. plays like a 6'9 PF. Horf will probably be stuck at center regardless. Neither of these guys are centers. Both PF's.

It does and it doesn't. It does as it makes our ball movement better and spacing is better. It doesn't as teams will still double Joe, Marvin will still be a liability on most nights, and Teague still can't run an offense. This will be like the Lakers except smaller and without Kobe in place of Joe. Posted Image

Josh had the same ability. Which is the reason our spot up players got spot up shots in the first place.

I take the little tidbit after as you throwing shade. You didn't account for what you would lose with Smith either. You just took into account what will with gain and you didn't do a good job at that either.

What you should have spoke about was Gasol ability to draw his man out of the paint.

Gasol ability to create better spacing.

Gasol ability to set quality screens and get offensive rebounds.

Gasol ability to hit foul shots.

That's the reason why I always own you, you never know what your talking about.

Either way, we lose as much as we gain. So with that we look at salary, age, and his development slope. For this, Smith has the advantage is the 10th degree. This is why this is such an awful trade. Not because Smith is better than Gasol because he isn't, the outside stuff is of great advantaged to Smith in terms of value. Smith is still on the up-swing, Gasol is on the decline. Gasol isn't a center so he isn't a need. Gasol doesn't make players around him better so he's not a playmaker either.