• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Magic Comments goes farther than Just Josh.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Take a Look

"Josh Smith is out there. He's not happy," Johnson said of the Hawks' power forward. "Call Atlanta. You have Gasol sitting there. You don't know what Dwight Howard wants to do. Give Orlando a call because they would love to have Bynum in return for Howard if he doesn't want to stay."

To me, Sounds Like Magic is suggesting mixing Howard and Smoove with Kobe. I think that's a plan that will work. Both guys could actually force the deal that Magic suggests and us and the Magic would not be so upset with the outcome.

Picture all three teams now..

US with Gasol.

ORL with Bynum

LAL with Howard and Smoove.

For those who are questioning Gasol... Magic says..

"After you get past Dwight Howard, Bynum and Tim Duncan, that guy, Pau Gasol, is the best big man in basketball," Johnson said. "Nobody has more skills than Gasol. The problem is you have him sitting on the high post. Yes, Mike Brown's offense drives me crazy. How can you say this guys' skills are eroding and he doesn't have them? No, I've seen this man dominate in the playoffs and the regular season. If a team wants a big man, you have to call the Lakers. You have two sitting there that are great."

Gasol drifts to the high post. The triangle kept him from drifting, he was drifting at Memphis too.

Going to have to ship Marvin and Smoove to match salaries. If so I want more than Gasol on a one or two year rental. Especially at his yearly salary. Throw in a pick. If not I don't like it.

• Like 1

lottery picks>>>>Smoove walks>Brook Lopez>Pau's contract and softness.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Hawks are known for trading their most skilled player for soft big men. (ie Danny Manny) lol Go ahead and do it... Change the name to the Empty Factory... Smh

It's already the empty factory. Gasol couldn't possibly be any softer than Josh. What about 10 rebounds a game is soft (note - Smith has never made it to 10 rpg for a season yet)?

There's a reason why Magic want him over Pau. He is 7 foot and play 30 plus mins... 10rebs should fall into his hand. The guy is old and Magic is trying to refresh the Lakers talent.

And 10 rebounds shouldn't fall into the hands of someone 6'8" with an alleged 40-something inch vertical leap?

And 10 rebounds shouldn't fall into the hands of someone 6'8" with an alleged 40-something inch vertical

Not when he's around the 3pt line. Edited by nbasuperstar40
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Should I be surprised that there are some that would rather just put our hopes in a 4-7 pick that will take 3-4 yrs to reach potential if ever??How about those who have missed all the Josh Smith trade requests and his sentiments towards the Hawks.Yeah, we can remember the good old days when Josh wanted to be here and he would go out and block shots and score 16-17 a game while pulling down about 8 boards average... However, that doesn't mean that when his contract is up, we will still have that. Right now, Smoove's contract is a ticking bomb to us. Either he resigns or it blows up in our face. The longer we wait, the less we will get. So while the Lakers have dreams of getting Smoove and Howard... we should take advantage of a player that fits our needs.Otherwise, we will probably end up trading Smoove for a middle of the road draft pick.. same thing that got us him.Also note, the window is closing.

• Like 1

No.

Wait and see.

• Moderators

Wait and see.

Yes we will. I don't think a top 3 pick is possible and I don't think your prediction of two lottery picks while taking back a bad contract is remotely realistic. The proof will be in the pudding, though.We can revisit after the draft.

Take a LookTo me, Sounds Like Magic is suggesting mixing Howard and Smoove with Kobe. I think that's a plan that will work. Both guys could actually force the deal that Magic suggests and us and the Magic would not be so upset with the outcome.Picture all three teams now..US with Gasol.ORL with BynumLAL with Howard and Smoove.For those who are questioning Gasol... Magic says..

If Gasol is so great then keep him Magic. Gasol is a loser.But in the long run.... How much does it matter? The home town guys don't want to be here, the fans don't want to come and no FA's want to come.This franchise is COMPLETELY hopeless. Edited by Hotlanta1981

Trading for Gasol would be trying to erase an old old mistake. We drafted this guy then immediately traded him for HomeTown Hero Raschad? Can't remember his name, played at my old highschool, Wheeler and at California for a year. Good player but couldn't carry the sorry Hawks at the time on his shoulder. Now a decade or more later we want to give away a ton to get Gasol back? That's a BS trade. I wouldn't trade Josh for less than a #1 this year and #2 next year.