• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2012 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

This pick started hard in my head with a lot of players I value still on the board. But the more I thought about it, the more obvious my pick became. With the 54th selection I choose Joakim Noah. Not much needs to be said about Joakim other than he's a double double guy every time he steps onto the court.

Motumbolievable has been pm'd

That makes it three times in a row that the player I wanted went ONE PICK ahead of me! I think Dolfan and Alejandro have hacked my big board.

Give me Brook Lopez. He's a rock and I feel he is a steal right here because he was hurt last year. He's 24 and will come back healthy and go right back to being one of the most efficient players in the league. Boards were a little low two years ago since Humphries was hogging the glass but he already told us he's committed to hitting the boards for the Finger Waggers. A top center in this league for years to come. Thank you Nets for shutting down Brook so he could come back healthy next year. I also heard he's thinking about getting metal legs to completely eliminate any chance of re-injury. Let's go BROOKIE!

I am PMing Dolfan right now

Damn both of you have some sick teams! And that's excellent value in the 4th round for both of those guys.

If I had needed a center, Noah and Brook are tough to beat this late in the draft. Great value, I wish there had been similar value at SG and SF when I picked!This draft is really showing me how thin the league is at the 2 and 3 spot. They use to be the easiest positions to fill.

Yep I didn't realize it was that bad either when I started my draft, otherwise I would have changed up my strategy.

With the 56th pick in the 2012 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, The Dolfan Dynasty selects: Brandon Jennings, PG - 6'1" 169 lbs Needing to grab a PG, who we also felt was great value here, we took one who we strongly considered in the 3rd round and are thankful made it to the 4th round. A guy with electric scoring ability who also took a giant leap in his 3rd year in the league, we felt confident that even though he's not the "traditional" type of PG that he would fit in quite well with our squad. Last season Brandon averaged 19 ppg and finished 3rd overall in the NBA in 3pt makes, which makes pairing him with the guy who finished 9th (Danny Granger) a scary distance shooting pair. And when they miss we've got Blake and Greg to snatch up the rebounds and throw it down! PSSSHHHRRR87 has been PMd

THE DOLFAN DYNASTY
POS PLAYER Height Weight FG% 3P% FT% OR DR REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS PER
PG http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/3997.png Brandon Jennings 6'1" 169 lbs .418 .332 .808 0.7 2.7 3.4 5.5 0.3 1.6 1.7 2.2 19.1 18.46
SG
SF http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/2760.pngDanny Granger 6'8" 228 lbs .416 .381 .873 1.3 3.7 5.0 1.8 0.6 1.0 2.3 1.8 18.7 18.68
PF http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/3989.pngBlake Griffin 6'10" 251 lbs .549 .125 .521 3.3 7.6 10.9 3.2 0.7 0.8 3.3 2.3 20.7 23.50
C http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/4260.pngGreg Monroe 6'11" 250 lbs .521 .000 .739 3.6 6.0 9.6 2.3 0.7 1.3 2.7 2.4 15.4 22.09
  • Like 1

This pick started hard in my head with a lot of players I value still on the board. But the more I thought about it, the more obvious my pick became. With the 54th selection I choose Joakim Noah. Not much needs to be said about Joakim other than he's a double double guy every time he steps onto the court.

Motumbolievable has been pm'd

I like the pairing of Noah and Horford.

Noah was the center at picks #48 & 49 that I strongly considered for my team. I had the PG / SF / & C holes to fill. It was a tough call between Curry, Deng, and Noah.

I liked Noah over Lopez due to how he would compliment Aldridge where as Lopez would more less duplicate Aldridge............but with a different type of PF I may prefer Lopez to Noah.

Both of you got excellent centers for this stage in the draft. You can't expect complete players this late in the draft but each of them are highly skilled with their specific strengths.

Edited by coachx

Yep I didn't realize it was that bad either when I started my draft, otherwise I would have changed up my strategy.

The 2s and 3s really caught me off guard with the lack of impact players. Klay Thompson is every bit the scorer Marcus Thorton was at this time in their careers and a much better 3pt shooter. I just never thought I would have to take him this early just to try and find a impact shooting threat.My strategy for this draft is a lot different than my regular fantasy draft. Instead of grabbing every top 50 fantasy player left on the board, I am trying to fill each position with players who normally play it. I think it was Cap who said something about chemistry, but you can never know how that works out. Cousins may end being someone who never gets along with anyone. :)This draft for me has been a anti BK draft. I did not want any tweeners, I did not want to try and make a shooing guard ( JJ ) a point guard or a power forward a center ( Horford ), and I did not want a team full of players who are all the same size ( 6'8" to 6'9" ) !It is a lot of fun and very enlightening when it comes to the quality depth in the NBA. Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators

This draft has made me realize how scarce good, young 4 & 5's are. I was REALLY wanting Paul Milsap or Brook Lopez at this pick...

For the 57th pick in the 2012 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, PSSSHHHRRR87's Birds of a Feather select:

David West, PF

An 8 year veteran with scoring and rebound ability, he is the guy that our front line needs. Although he is 31, he is a 6'9", 240 lbs leader and has high BBIQ. A capable 20 pt & 10 reb guy. Great in the post and has heart. Can run the PnR. I believe he and Carmelo will mesh perfectly because, unlike Amare, West doesn't need the ball to be effective.

C - ?????

PF - David West

SF - Carmelo Anthony

SG - Demar DeRozan

PG - Deron Williams

Diesel has been PM'd.

With the 56th pick in the 2012 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, The Dolfan Dynasty selects:

Brandon Jennings, PG - 6'1" 169 lbs

Needing to grab a PG, who we also felt was great value here, we took one who we strongly considered in the 3rd round and are thankful made it to the 4th round. A guy with electric scoring ability who also took a giant leap in his 3rd year in the league, we felt confident that even though he's not the "traditional" type of PG that he would fit in quite well with our squad. Last season Brandon averaged 19 ppg and finished 3rd overall in the NBA in 3pt makes, which makes pairing him with the guy who finished 9th (Danny Granger) a scary distance shooting pair. And when they miss we've got Blake and Greg to snatch up the rebounds and throw it down!

PSSSHHHRRR87 has been PMd

I was really wondering how much longer Jennings was going to last... thought for sure he would be a late 2nd to early 3rd for sure. Nice pick at 56!

• Admin

I think Jennings has a negative stigma but he grew a lot last year and playing on a bad team that doesn't get seen a lot nationally allowed him to fly under our radar a bit... at least I think so.

Jennings did improve a lot last year...he has really bad shot selection but it has improved (a lot of players have bad shot selection). I think his playmaking has gotten a lot better. He is a good pick as this point in the draft.

• Admin

The 2s and 3s really caught me off guard with the lack of impact players. Klay Thompson is every bit the scorer Marcus Thorton was at this time in their careers and a much better 3pt shooter. I just never thought I would have to take him this early just to try and find a impact shooting threat.

My strategy for this draft is a lot different than my regular fantasy draft. Instead of grabbing every top 50 fantasy player left on the board, I am trying to fill each position with players who normally play it. I think it was Cap who said something about chemistry, but you can never know how that works out. Cousins may end being someone who never gets along with anyone. Posted Image

This draft for me has been a anti BK draft. I did not want any tweeners, I did not want to try and make a shooing guard ( JJ ) a point guard or a power forward a center ( Horford ), and I did not want a team full of players who are all the same size ( 6'8" to 6'9" ) !

It is a lot of fun and very enlightening when it comes to the quality depth in the NBA.

I was wanting Klay as well with one of my next two picks...oh well.

When I am speaking about chemistry...you are right...it is hard to tell if Cousins is going to get along with his teammates...I was talking more from the perspective of its no good to have all the same type of player and expect to be successful...you need guys who fill the right kind of roles.

• Moderators

A friendly reminder not to mention (directly, anyway) as-yet undrafted players. Posted Image

Although it's easier said than done, I know.

Now, watch me trip over that rule at least three times in the next week.

~lw3

Jennings did improve a lot last year...he has really bad shot selection but it has improved (a lot of players have bad shot selection). I think his playmaking has gotten a lot better. He is a good pick as this point in the draft.

Thanks... I think I've gotten good value on my picks, with the exception of Griffin.

• Moderators

I like this pick a lot more than the Derozan pick, who I felt you could have gotten later. I'm a big fan of West and his ability to score inside and out. I think Jennings has a negative stigma but he grew a lot last year and playing on a bad team that doesn't get seen a lot nationally allowed him to fly under our radar a bit... at least I think so.

Believe me, I have second guessed the Derozan pick since making it... Especially since there is a certain [PLAYER] still on the board... But I can't undo it and I like Derozan for his defense and leaping ability. Edited by AHF

Jennings was on my board but I wanted to get a top 2 and 3 before all gone

Understandable and there are still plenty of good PGs left. I think Jennings is the last of the big time scorers plus he gets a lot of steals and 3's and I needed both of those.

• Moderators

Remember to note that you PM'd Diesel. (I did so out of an abundance of caution.)

I did...

My bad PSSSHHHRRR87! I completely missed it my first read.

And I missed your second read... Went off and did the same mistake! lmao Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

The fantasy mindset, you may want to check that FG% as well with both Granger and Jennings lol

I don't mind their (Jennings / Granger) overall FG%, especially not with 2 very good rebounders working the paint for me, both of whom shoot over 52%. They're both good to very good 3pt shooters so that helps to make up for lower overall FG% for their positions.