• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2012 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

I couldn't pass him up... I honestly think on this squad he's a perfect complimentary player to KD & Bosh as opposed to having the scoring burden squarely on his shoulders like it is in Sac-Town.An off year still saw him scoring almost 17, dishing 6 dimes, and snagging 5 boards... I'll take it.

• Moderators

Evans was going to be my pick...maybe I should taken him with my last. Missed it by that much!!

Evans scares me. Terrible shot selection, little feel for the game, and the worry that his 20/5/5 numbers were the result of volume rather than truly outstanding play. Much tougher to fit on these higher talent teams than some other players (like Klay Thompson for example) due to his need to possess the ball and his low efficiency. I think you might have gotten lucky unless he really develops some new skills which is entirely possible at his age. The biggest question for me is if he becomes much more efficient and buys into playing a secondary role on Devon's squad. Plenty of talent to work with, though! Edited by AHF
  • Like 1

With the 67th pick in the 2012 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, The JaybirdHawk Hustlers select:

Marshon Brooks, SG - 6’-5”, 200lbs

An extremely potent scorer who has no conscience about creating his own shot at any point during the shot clock from anywhere within 30 feet of the basket and is highly capable both off the dribble and spotting up. Brooks also has a strong ability to attack the basket out of isolation situations and takes advantage of his 7’-1” wingspan to easily get off his shot at any time in the lane.

PG - Kyrie Irving

SG - Marshon Brooks

SF - Kawhi Leonard

PF - Dirk Novitski

C - Tyson Chandler

Cap has been Pm'd.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

PG - Kyrie Irving

SG - Marshon Brooks

SF - Kawhi Leonard

PF - Dirk Novitski

C - Tyson Chandler

Simply a beautiful starting unit from a chemistry standpoint. We already know Chandler is the perfect "yin" to Dirk's "yang" in the frontcourt. Leonard and Brooks are excellent young wings and Irving is the has elite PG written all over him.

Excellent job !!

Guys.............we are letting a girl kick our butts !

Simply a beautiful starting unit from a chemistry standpoint. We already know Chandler is the perfect "yin" to Dirk's "yang" in the frontcourt. Leonard and Brooks are excellent young wings and Irving is the has elite PG written all over him.Excellent job !!Guys.............we are letting a girl kick our butts !

I would say her chances at the chip depends on how her young wings develop. Kyrie is a superstar, Dirk can score on anyone, and Tyson is the wall of China.

I think we should have a "Starting 5 review" once everyone gets their 5th pick in... It'd be cool for everyone to voce their opinions on how its gone so far!

I really want that graphic with my team that Dolfan (i think) has... If anyone wanted to put that together for me I'd owe them a beer and bro-five.

The Youth Movement:

PG - Kyle Lowry

SG - Tyreke Evans

SF - Kevin Durant

PF - Chris Bosh

C - Serge Ibaka

• Admin

Capstone's Crew selects Wesley Matthews. This answers two needs...3 point shooting and defense. Mathews is an up and coming player and fits in perfectly next to Paul in the backcourt. I don't need a big time scorer with Gay/Jefferson/Paul already in the lineup. Matthews plays that role player who can defend the the opposing teams sg and also can hit the outside shot when others are doubled. He was fifth in the NBA last season with 3 pointers made.C McGeePF JeffersonSF GaySG MatthewsPG Paul

• Moderators

Round 11 - The Youth Movement (Devon) - Kevin Durant2 - $uper $upportive $upporters $upreme (Supporter) - Lebron James3 - JaybirdHawk Hustlers (JayBirdHawk) - Kyrie Irving4 - Capstone’s Crew (Capstone21) - Chris Paul5 - AHF U-Niques (AHF) - Dwight Howard6 - The Southern Bred (sultanofatl) - Andrew Bynum7 - Atlanta GanstaSlappas (Diesel) - Kevin Love8 - Birds of a Feather (PSSSHHHRRR87) - Deron Williams9 - The Dolfan Dynasty (Dolfan) - Blake Griffin10 - Wagging Right Index Fingers (Mutombolievable) - Russell Westbrook11 - Put the Ball in the Darn Basket (Alejandro09) - Derrick Rose12 - The Buzz (Buzzard) - DeMarcus Cousins13 - The Bad News Bears (jy23) - Rajon Rondo14 - P27X (Nicholasp27) - Anthony Davis15 - Lethal Enforcers (LethalWeapon3) - Ricky Rubio16 - The Perfect Balance II (coachx) - James HardenRound 217 - The Perfect Balance II (coachx) - LaMarcus Aldridge18 - Lethal Enforcers (LethalWeapon3) - Marc Gasol19 - P27X (Nicholasp27) - Roy Hibbert20 - The Bad News Bears (jy23) - Dwyane Wade21 - The Buzz (Buzzard) - John Wall22 - Put the Ball in the Darn Basket (Alejandro09) - Al Horford23 - Wagging Right Index Fingers (Mutombolievable) - Josh Smith24 - The Dolfan Dynasty (Dolfan) - Greg Monroe25 - Birds of a Feather (PSSSHHHRRR87) - Carmelo Anthony26 - Atlanta GanstaSlappas (Diesel) - Ty Lawson27 - The Southern Bred (sultanofatl) - Kobe Bryant28 - AHF U-Niques (AHF) - Tony Parker29 - Capstone’s Crew (Capstone21) - Al Jefferson30 - JaybirdHawk Hustlers (JayBirdHawk) - Tyson Chandler31 - $uper $upportive $upporters $upreme (Supporter) - Pau Gasol32 - The Youth Movement (Devon) - Chris BoshRound 333 - Devon - Serge Ibaka34 - Supporter - Joe Johnson35 - JayBirdHawk - Dirk Nowitzki36 - Capstone21 - Rudy Gay37 - AHF - Andre Iguodala38 - sultanofatl - Manu Ginobili39 - Diesel - Marcin Gortat40 - PSSSHHHRRR87 - Demar Derozan41 - Dolfan - Danny Granger42 - Mutombolievable - Monta Ellis43 - Alejandro09 - Paul George44 - Buzzard - David Lee45 - jy23 - Michael Kidd Gilchrist46 - Nicholasp27 - Eric Gordon47 - LethalWeapon3 - Amare Stoudemire48 - coachx - Luol DengRound 449 - coachx - Stephen Curry50 - LethalWeapon3 - Nicholas Batum51 - Nicholasp27 - Danilo Gallinari52 - jy23 - Paul Millsap53 - Buzzard - Klay Thompson54 - Alejandro09 - Joakim Noah55 - Mutombolievable - Brook Lopez56 - Dolfan - Brandon Jennings57 - PSSSHHHRRR87 - David West58 - Diesel - Aaron Afflalo59 - sultanofatl - Ryan Anderson60 - AHF - Kevin Garnett61 - Capstone21 - Javale McGee62 - JayBirdHawk - Kawhi Leonard63 – Supporter - Nene Hilario64 – Devon - Kyle Lowry Round 565 - Devon - Tyreke Evans66 - Supporter - Ersan Ilyasova67 - JayBirdHawk - Marshon Brooks68 - Capstone21 - Wesley Matthews69 - AHF -70 - sultanofatl -71 - Diesel -72 - PSSSHHHRRR87 -73 - Dolfan -74 - Mutombolievable -75 - Alejandro09 - 76 - Buzzard - 77 - jy23 -78 - Nicholasp27 -79 - LethalWeapon3 -80 - coachx -Round 681 - coachx -82 - LethalWeapon3 -83 - Nicholasp27 -84 - jy23 -85 - Buzzard -86 - Alejandro09 -87 - Mutombolievable -88 - Dolfan -89 - PSSSHHHRRR87 -90 - Diesel -91 - sultanofatl -92 - AHF -93 - Capstone21 -94 - JayBirdHawk -95 - Supporter -96 - Devon - ~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

Looking on the board at the 2's, the U-Niques see little more than mediocrity. So we are going to pull the trigger on someone who has a legit chance to become something much more:

Bradley Beal

nbadraft.net:

Strengths: Talented shooting guard with a prototypical skill-set for the position ... Strong build ... Has solid size, standing about 6'4" in shoes with a 6'7" wingspan ... A good overall athlete with good quickness and speed for his position ... Isn't terribly explosive, but finishes strong around the rim regardless ... A gifted jump-shooter ... Effortless mechanics with a buttery release and a consistent follow-through ... Doesn't need a lot of time to get squared-up to the hoop ... Dangerous in spot-up situations ... Has to be constantly monitored by the defense, especially when he camps in the corner ... NBA range ... Won't hesitate firing out to about 25 feet ... Good quickness and shows a nice first step, so his driving ability can and should improve ... Willing to take the ball inside when the defense overplays him on the perimeter ... Gets to the free-throw line at an adequate rate (4.7 attempts per game in 2011-2012) ... Understands how to run the court in transition opportunities; with the ball or without ... Should be able to defend his position at the next level ... Displays strong defensive instincts; moving his feet well and getting a lot of deflections ... Great overall anticipation while defending passing lanes ... Blocked nearly a shot per game in his freshman season ... Rebounds much bigger than his size (pulled down 6.7 per game) … Very high basketball IQ ... Extremely unselfish ... Doesn't have to clog the offense or dominate the basketball to be an effective scorer ... Learned how to effectively move the ball around the court in Billy Donovan's system ... Won't turn 19 years old until draft night ... Still has a lot of room to grow ...

PG: Tony Parker

SG: Bradley Beal

SF: Andre Iguodala

PF: Kevin Garnett

C: Dwight Howard

His mechanics have been compared to Ray Allen's and with his dynamic rebounding and extended range, he will help spread the floor and get after it. Critically, we didn't want a guy who needs to dominate the ball to be effective and we anticipate that Beal will be deadly as an outlet option with the ability to do much more than spot up when the team needs it. Even better yet, he fits our mold of high basketball IQ, high work-rate players with one or more elite skill sets.

Welcome to the team, Mr. Beal!

sultanofatl has been pm'd

Hmmm.... A tad bit early for Beal IMHO, but he's definitely a talented dude... I guess some might say that the after the pick of Kevin Geriatric, errr, I mean Garnett, that ya had to go with a young'n...:)

• Moderators

Hmmm.... A tad bit early for Beal IMHO, but he's definitely a talented dude... I guess some might say that the after the pick of Kevin Geriatric, errr, I mean Garnett, that ya had to go with a young'n...:)

It is about depth at SG. He was the only player I wouldn't have been able to stomach being gone after this pick. I rated him over several of the SGs already taken. Definitely a lower floor since he isn't proven, but he has legit All-Star potential at a position where that only goes 4 or 5 deep today (and 2 with significant injury risks). The fit for my team is like a glove. I am pumped about it.

It is about depth at SG. He was the only player I wouldn't have been able to stomach being gone after this pick. I rated him over several of the SGs already taken. Definitely a lower floor since he isn't proven, but he has legit All-Star potential at a position where that only goes 4 or 5 deep today (and 2 with significant injury risks). The fit for my team is like a glove. I am pumped about it.

Not going to lie, I have been thinking about Beal, since I drafted Klay, as my possible 6th round pick. But this from draft express scares me some as counting on him to have a immediate impact:

He hasn't been a very prolific (17 points per-40) or efficient (50% EFG%) scorer, mainly due to his struggles shooting the ball from beyond the arc.

Nevertheless, Beal's draft stock has remained steady all season, as he occasionally shows flashes of being able to make plays that only elite level talents can, but just not consistently yet.

Standing somewhere between 6-4 and 6-5, Beal has decent size for a NBA shooting guard, to go along with a solid frame and average length. While not possessing rim-rocking explosiveness, he's an extremely smooth and fluid athlete with excellent mobility.

Despite being considered one of the best shooters in his high school class, Beal has struggled to hit jumpers consistently all season. Nearly half of his field goal attempts have come from 3-point range, but he's able to connect on just 33% of them thus far. Looking at his mechanics, there's very little not to like about his shooting form, as he gets great elevation, possesses a consistent release point, shows excellent follow-through, and has range that extends well beyond the college 3-point line.

Despite the inconsistent results, it's difficult not to see Beal developing into a very good NBA 3-point shooter in time, especially considering his reportedly stellar work ethic and the fact that this has always been the strongest part of his game. He will need to confirm that in private NBA workouts, but his 33% accuracy rate is likely the lowest percentage he'll shoot his entire career from the 3-point line.

While his perimeter shooting has been a disappointment, Beal's ball-handling and playmaking skills appear to have improved significantly over the past year or so. Extremely effective in transition, Beal can create for himself and others in smooth and effortless fashion off the dribble with his ability to change speeds and put the ball on the floor with either hand.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz1ycoNNYJr

http://www.draftexpress.com

Link http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Bradley-Beal-5759/