• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[Who I'd like to see as] Hawks NEW OWNER....

Diesel

Nothing...but the city and its fans do not support the team anyway. It is has always been a running joke how bad the fans are in Atlanta.

capstone21,i can totally understand you and believe me I got some feeling like that from time to time but let me tell you thisSure you can blame the fans and city but you can blame the ownership more. Did the ownership did everything in their power to bring fans to Phillps every night? NODid the ownership make the right decisions (i.e. marketing, FA, draft) to make this team marketable? Heck NoThink about this cap, the Atlanta Falcons been in the playoff 2 of the last 3 years, getting beat by teams that actually win the Super Bowl and they are now in talks in bring a new stadium that is going to eclipse Phillps, Georgia Dome, and Turner field combined. How that? I let you thik about thatAlso, you have to remember that between 2008 to now, the team stay the same, mininal changes, bad decision, and etc etc etc. Leading into 1st and 2nd defeats. People like changes and upgrades and working hard to get to their goal of a championship, not filling up the pockets with money from us the fans. Plus you got the economy to deal with well.All in all, if the ownership became serious and wants to get ECF and Finals and that label off of them they would had made a effort but do you see it? Hawks is much better off in Atlanta then any where else.If the ownership pulls their head out of their butts Edited by NekiEcko

• Admin

Surely he meant the city as a whole and not the tiny percentage that the Atlanta area Squawkers represent. I don't want the team to move either but the Hawks haven't gotten the support they probably should have over the past 5 years from the local fans.

Yes that is what I mean.

• Premium Member

Still pulling for James Cox Kennedy.~lw3

Is he a sports fan?I would like for the Cox family to own the team too... Then I know 750 and the rest of Cox Communication would say nothing bad about the Hawks.

• Premium Member

Sounds like a good profile to start with. If she has a passion for basketball and turning the Hawks into winners then I am sold.

Even though I hate all things Dukie... If Christian Laettner could get his group together again and try to buy a team, I would like her to be the majority owner in the investing team.Laettner would give a sound basketball mind. He could even add sorry Danny Ferry to the mix.

• Moderators

Is he a sports fan?

I would like for the Cox family to own the team too... Then I know 750 and the rest of Cox Communication would say nothing bad about the Hawks.

Not sure about his pro sports interests, but he's definitely not averse to competitive athletics himself. From his Forbes 400 profile (he's #53 at the moment):

Grandson of Cox Enterprises founder James M. Cox (d. 1957), Kennedy is the company's chairman, after serving as CEO from 1988 to 2008. Since 1988, Cox revenues increased from $1.8 billion to nearly $15 billion. Cox Enterprises now includes cable company Cox Communications, Cox Media Group (newspapers, TV and radio stations), Manheim (car auctions) and AutoTrader.com. Kennedy inherited a 25% stake after

his mother, Barbara Cox Anthony, passed away in 2007. Interested in wildlife habitat conservation, he is on the board of the PATH Foundation, a Georgia trail-building non-profit, and he established the James C. Kennedy endowed chair of waterfowl & wetlands management at Mississippi State University in 2008. A former competitive cyclist, he is a past Masters National, Pan American and World Champion in the 3000 meter pursuit.

~lw3

Even though I hate all things Dukie... If Christian Laettner could get his group together again and try to buy a team, I would like her to be the majority owner in the investing team.Laettner would give a sound basketball mind. He could even add sorry Danny Ferry to the mix.

Christian Laettner?!? that is the first time I heard about this. i am trying to remember when the Trashers was still in town and they were about to get sold to TNSE, i think it was a former black hockey player want to buy the Trashers, Hawks and Phillips for 500 mil but it was turned down.Cox family could be good owners (they are local as well) and for Blakely, I dont think that they have any females owners in NBA but it will be eye-opener for real, plus she can work together with Dream Ownership as well.

• Premium Member

I think that would be the biggest splash to ever hit the NBA.

Hawks Female Majority Owner...

She's young and a bonafide Billionaire. I would want her surrounded by Basketball people though. Scratch the Laettner group. I would have her to be working with Stan Kasten's ownership group (that could include Laettner. Or maybe Her, Kasten, and Blank...

as co-owners.

One thing I know about Blank.. if he's involved, he will put up good basketball people and let them work.

I think that would be the biggest splash to ever hit the NBA.

Hawks Female Majority Owner...

She's young and a bonafide Billionaire. I would want her surrounded by Basketball people though. Scratch the Laettner group. I would have her to be working with Stan Kasten's ownership group (that could include Laettner. Or maybe Her, Kasten, and Blank...

as co-owners.

One thing I know about Blank.. if he's involved, he will put up good basketball people and let them work.

But Stan Kasten is with Dodgers ownership (he and Magic Johnson brought the Dodgers for 2B), so he isnt going to be in any other ownership.

But I think her, Cox Family, or anybody that doesnt want to move the Hawks is good for the team.