• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[Who I'd like to see as] Hawks NEW OWNER....

Diesel

• Premium Member

HAWKS NEW OWNER Could be this guy...

Posted Image

Word on the street is that Larry Ellison is interested in buying a team and just got dismissed by Memphis. And was Dismissed by Golden State before that.

Edited by Diesel
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Or is this the new owner..

Posted Image

if he got dismissed twice already shouldnt that be a red flag??? Not sure but I think this was the guy who wanted to buy a team so he could move it to cali forgot which city though

San Jose. However, the League is not going to allow another Bay Team to exist. Nor can he easily break the lease with Atlanta.

I think that Larry Ellison wants to buy a team then move it to the Bay Area. But since GS is moving to San Fran and David Stern and owners isnt going to approve any relocation to Anaheim (Good News for Kings fans). Everybody knows that, as well. So ASG wont sell it to him but this is the ASG we are talking about.

I was think 2024 or something like that and i know that owners has to pay heck alot of money to break the lease to Atlanta Fulton County Recreation Authority. So I bet your bottom dollar that David Stern isnt going to let Atlanta (#9 in TV viewers) without a NBA team but then again, he did allow Seattle to get moved and he know that NBA is becoming 3 or 4 fiddle in the city (College Football, NFL, MLB, NBA), i wont trust him at all.

• Premium Member

Not a fan of blatantly misleading titles even though it was clear to me knowing the poster that it was misleading on purpose. But for those newer members it might be so obvious.As for these people, eh, don't really care. If we get a new owner that wants to win a title and keep the team here and is actually competent then please save this franchise.

One of the best things that could happen to the Hawks would be a move to a new city

and leave Atlanta with what?Same situation like Seattle. No thanks. Besides the NBA isnt going to walk out of Atlanta and its viewers. Also it will make the City of Atlanta worst because we would had three teams leave this city (Hawks, Thrashers,and Flames), do you think another team wants to come here.

Not a fan of blatantly misleading titles even though it was clear to me knowing the poster that it was misleading on purpose. But for those newer members it might be so obvious.As for these people, eh, don't really care. If we get a new owner that wants to win a title and keep the team here and is actually competent then please save this franchise.

Yeah it was pretty misleading and have taken care of it.

Ellison is a CONFIRMED Billionaire with a love for the NBA... I'd welcome him with open arms.

A CONFIRMED billionaire that love to move the team to Bay Area or around there. Does this sound familiar to yall (Please look at SonicsGate video on Youtube, good stuff) Edited by NekiEcko

He wants to move the team. Naw, not interested. I rather have ASG than that.

No want seems to be motivated to buy a team in Atlanta till the team is really good or has that exciting franchise changing player like Vick. Getting a motivated owner is far more important than just getting an owner.

• Premium Member

Nothing...but the city and its fans do not support the team anyway. It is has always been a running joke how bad the fans are in Atlanta.

You do realize you are saying this on the best Hawk fan site in the world, right? Seriously? Why take these shots or make that comment on this site. You know no one here wants Atlanta to lose the Hawks.

You do realize you are saying this on the best Hawk fan site in the world, right? Seriously? Why take these shots or make that comment on this site. You know no one here wants Atlanta to lose the Hawks.

Surely he meant the city as a whole and not the tiny percentage that the Atlanta area Squawkers represent. I don't want the team to move either but the Hawks haven't gotten the support they probably should have over the past 5 years from the local fans.