• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Brooklyn and Atlanta are engaged in talks on a possible Joe Johnson trade

GameTime

You know what's next. Its the same thing this trade does. Blows it up.

If that is the case why wait a year to blow it up, do it now and we get to keep Horford (and build around him and a playmaking PG like you say a 100 times a day Posted Image ) and get picks from NJ Edited by JayBirdHawk

I hope something good happens like dwight to atlanta

If that is the case why wait a year to blow it up, do it now and we get to keep Horford and get picks from NJ

I rather win a title than just suck and get garbage late 1st picks and get guys like mike scott.

I'm going to church tomorrow to pray to God this happens.

Trust me brah, I am sending one up as we speak right now. Just being able to remove that albatross of a contract and declining play will give us a chance to rebuild. I dont care if we don't make the playoffs a year or two from now. Maybe Josh, Teague and Al puts it all together next year due to Joes absence and Jenkins suprises us by stepping up. This kind of shakeup has been needed for far too long. Ferry will be a Godsend if he can unload Joe because our future isn't getting bright with him. He will look better somewhere else. All I want are expiring contracts and draft picks back so Ferry can begin putting his stamp on this team. Lets build like the San Antonio spurs or other competent franchises for once
  • Like 2

You don't start a rebuild with no assetsYou trade your assets for young potential and lottery picks...otherwise you only have your one pick per year to improve withIf you want to rebuild you trade al and josh for high picks and young potential, not let them walk (al walking via Dwight trade who then walks)

The stats might say that Joe is the fourth best player in this system but do you honestly think that Joe, a six time allstar, an ALL NBA player, is really that bad???I'll tell you why stats show this, it's because Joe is the number one player that defenses try to focus in on this team, hence he has to bear the burden on the offensive end most of the time. Do you really think defenses try to stop Josh from going off on them LOL! No, they'd rather him build brick houses with that jumper of his.I'll guarantee you that on the offensive end, with Joe out, defenses will figure out a way to expose the hawks and force Josh to take jumper after jumper, and we will all soon see how bad of an offensive team the Hawks will be without having Joe as the scapegoat. If you give Joe a number 1 option, his stats would be better and he would be more efficient. We already know that Joe is not a 1st option, but the fourth best player on this team he is not.Again I am not saying that this trade should not be done, because salary vs production wise Joe has negative value. But to say or imply that we will be a better team without Joe reaks of ignorancy. The game is not all about stats, there are things that stats cannot measure! Basketball is not a perfect system where all variables are constant, it is a dynamic game.

Edited by Supporter

The stats might say that Joe is the fourth best player in this system but do you honestly think that Joe, a six time allstar, an ALL NBA player, is really that bad???

I'll tell you why stats show this, it's because Joe is the number one player that defenses try to focus in on this team, hence he has to bear the burden on the offensive end most of the time. Do you really think defenses try to stop Josh from going off on them LOL! No, they'd rather him build brick houses with that jumper of his.

I'll guarantee you that on the offensive end, with Joe out, defenses will figure out a way to expose the hawks and force Josh to take jumper after jumper, and we will all soon see how bad of an offensive team the Hawks will be without having Joe as the scapegoat. If you give Joe a number 1 option, his stats would be better and he would be more efficient. We already know that Joe is not a 1st option, but the fourth best player on this team he is not.

I've missed JJ in the past 3 playoff runs. Where has he been all that time ?

The stats might say that Joe is the fourth best player in this system but do you honestly think that Joe, a six time allstar, an ALL NBA player, is really that bad???I'll tell you why stats show this, it's because Joe is the number one player that defenses try to focus in on this team, hence he has to bear the burden on the offensive end most of the time. Do you really think defenses try to stop Josh from going off on them LOL! No, they'd rather him build brick houses with that jumper of his.I'll guarantee you that on the offensive end, with Joe out, defenses will figure out a way to expose the hawks and force Josh to take jumper after jumper, and we will all soon see how bad of an offensive team the Hawks will be without having Joe as the scapegoat. If you give Joe a number 1 option, his stats would be better and he would be more efficient. We already know that Joe is not a 1st option, but the fourth best player on this team he is not.

Whether he's first or fourth best, it doesn't really matter in my opinion. I think the only relevant point is that the $20M per he's set to be making over the four years left on his deal is going to become a real problem for us, unless we can get rid of that obligation somehow.

Whether he's first or fourth best, it doesn't really matter in my opinion. I think the only relevant point is that the $20M per he's set to be making over the four years left on his deal is going to become a real problem for us, unless we can get rid of that obligation somehow.

I agree with the above statement. I'm a JJ fan but most of all I'm a Hawk fan. As much as hate to see him go the money we are saving is going to help us in the future to get to the ultimate goal. NBA Championship.

Let me clearify, trading Joe would be good for the Hawks LONGTERM! If we trade Joe we have to trade Josh too. There's no point trading one guy while letting the other stay.You want to know why? It's because of this stupid offensive system that we've ran for the past 6 something years that Woodson and Drew have creamed over. Give them each a star player and they will run that player to death out on the court. We need to bring back team basketball, we can do that with Teague and Horford.

Doubt this goes through. I know there are dumb teams out there, but I can't see anyone bailing this sorry franchise out and taking JJ's contract from us.

This might've been previously stated but how could we get the contracts to match up with Brooklyn? I tried trade machine and nothing worked. Personally i'd love to see MarShon Brooks, Johan Petro, Gerald Wallace, and possibly a 2nd round pick for JJ.

Being a Josh Smith fan, this is funny seeing the rumors. All you hear about is Josh Smith in every thread and rumors. Now that you hear the Joe rumors, all the Joe fans come out screaming. Like I said, I'm open for anyone to be traded as long as it makes our team better. Losing Joe's contract would be huge for us.