• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Howard close to going to the nets

capstone21

I think this Nets rumour is hilarious. If the Nets could get Howard with a deal surrounding Lopez, Brooks and 1st round picks they would have had him already. Now all of a sudden Orl says yes to the deal with less 1st round picks coming in because NJ needs them to entice Clev to overpay Kris Humphries. Come on now, it smells like BULLLSHHHHHHHHHHHHYT.

I think this Nets rumour is hilarious. If the Nets could get Howard with a deal surrounding Lopez, Brooks and 1st round picks they would have had him already. Now all of a sudden Orl says yes to the deal with less 1st round picks coming in because NJ needs them to entice Clev to overpay Kris Humphries. Come on now, it smells like BULLLSHHHHHHHHHHHHYT.

Yeah, I don't see Howard getting traded before the season unless the Rockets are still willing to trade for him without any guarantees.

Perhaps.....and I'm only taking a shot in the dark here.....Perhaps Ferry is hearing exactly what Dwight has only been saying forever....that he's not interested in the Hawks?

or he's not pushing the panic button and keeping Horford and will try to make an attempt to sign him and keep Al too.

or he's not pushing the panic button and keeping Horford and will try to make an attempt to sign him and keep Al too.

I said it earlier in the thread, why trade Joe if you could get Howard to play alongside him? Devin Joe X Smoove Dwight Is a better team than Devin X X Smoove Dwight

I said it earlier in the thread, why trade Joe if you could get Howard to play alongside him? Devin Joe X Smoove Dwight Is a better team than Devin X X Smoove Dwight

Because with the contract for iso-joe you don't get: Paul X X Smoove Dwight so why would Dwight come here without Paul?

Because with the contract for iso-joe you don't get:

Paul

X

X

Smoove

Dwight

so why would Dwight come here without Paul?

You missed my point.....entirely.

It's very easy, If the team intended to trade for Dwight all along why trade Joe? So you say "oh because of Paul". Okay then, how and when is the team getting a chance at Paul? Worked that over? Alright, work backward now, if he's not coming here without Paul, why exactly are we trading for him if his wanting to be here is contingent on a free agency period next year?

Horford is a tremendous asset, he's not getting traded on a whim especially when the team has multiple, less risky opportunities to acquire particular talent. So point being, Ferry is not under any rush, pressure, impetus to trade him for Howard.

Edited by MaceCase

• Premium Member

Perhaps.....and I'm only taking a shot in the dark here.....Perhaps Ferry is hearing exactly what Dwight has only been saying forever....that he's not interested in the Hawks?

Dwight Howard has millions and millions of reasons to sign an extension as part of a trade to Atlanta or for any other team. I don't believe his "No sleep till Brooklyn" stance.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I don't know how many times this exact conversation has happened in the last few days, but why do any of you think the Hawks are going to trade the whole team for a rental?

Perhaps because if you've read even one of my posts about this you will see that I've said since the start Ferry would only give up Horford for Howard with an extension and not a one year rental?

Dwight Howard has millions and millions of reasons to sign an extension as part of a trade to Atlanta or for any other team. I don't believe his "No sleep till Brooklyn" stance.

Yea......including staying with his original team. Missed that part did ya? If resigning with a team holding his Bird rights really had that much sway then the Magic would:

A) Not feel any need to trade him because they have him by the balls and will call his bluff.

B) Open trade discussions to every team in the league instead of just a select few and work the bidding up to the best possible package because all teams would have similar confidence that they too would have him by the balls.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Yea......including staying with his original team. Missed that part did ya? If resigning with a team holding his Bird rights really had that much sway then the Magic would:

A) Not feel any need to trade him because they have him by the balls and will call his bluff.

B) Open trade discussions to every team in the league instead of just a select few and work the bidding up to the best possible package because all teams would have similar confidence that they too would have him by the balls.

He's not staying in Orlando, they have no power with the Bird rights. I thought that was so obvious it didn't deserve mentioning. I guess now I have to mention it for your sake. He's not staying there. He's burnt every bridge he could find in central Florida to get out of there.

My stance hasn't changed. If we offer Horford we have hands down the best offer Orlando can get. The only hold up is Dwight himself. If he doesn't want to sign an extension then there's no need to even discuss him any more on this board for all I care.

John Hollinger@johnhollinger

Wondering where the Hawks are in all this ... wouldn't you rather have Horford than Lopez?

well, he can't sign with Brooklyn. RT @HenrySanchez why would ATL give up Horford with commitment from d12

Still wondering if this is a smokescreen. Deal under discussion is highway robbery for Nets.

Edited by GameTime

He's not staying in Orlando, they have no power with the Bird rights. I thought that was so obvious it didn't deserve mentioning. I guess now I have to mention it for your sake. He's not staying there. He's burnt every bridge he could find in central Florida to get out of there. My stance hasn't changed. If we offer Horford we have hands down the best offer Orlando can get. The only hold up is Dwight himself. If he doesn't want to sign an extension then there's no need to even discuss him any more on this board for all I care.

Got any obvious thoughts on the second part? You know, for my sake? You are waffling hard on this one, you start off with "he has millions of reasons to resign with a team that trades for him" then go to "Horford is the best offer"...... Follow the logic, if the 5th year and max raises was such a great determining factor, why aren't 27 other teams bidding then? Are you telling me that Horford is the best the Magic could hope to get for Dwight out of 28 other teams? Or perhaps, just like the Hawks, no one is willing to offer much because they aren't confident that the 5th year and max raises is sufficient enough?

• Premium Member

Got any obvious thoughts on the second part? You know, for my sake? You are waffling hard on this one, you start off with "he has millions of reasons to resign with a team that trades for him" then go to "Horford is the best offer"...... Follow the logic, if the 5th year and max raises was such a great determining factor, why aren't 27 other teams bidding then? Are you telling me that Horford is the best the Magic could hope to get for Dwight out of 28 other teams? Or perhaps, just like the Hawks, no one is willing to offer much because they aren't confident that the 5th year and max raises is sufficient enough?

I'm not waffling at all. I've said from the start the Hawks had the best offer to give but the only way Ferry would pull the trigger is if Dwight agrees to an extension. You don't trade Horford with that deal and what he brings on the court for anything less than that. And yes, to answer your second question I absolutely believe Horford is the best the Magic can get. A two time All Star big man in his prime that is NOT a restricted free agent or will be a free agent at the end of the year signed to the most reasonable non rookie deal in the NBA? No question that is the best offer they can get. Hell even Hollinger and other NBA talking heads are asking the same question.

• Premium Member

Howard wants to be in Brooklyn. The Magic want to move on, but also want the best deal they can get. The sides are simply working to appease each other and move on. Simple as that.When Ferry was hired here, he talked about the turmoil the franchise has been thru and the need.to move in a better direction. I can't see bringing in what would be a very disgruntled Howard as moving away from drama and turmoil. Just ask the Magic.

Edited by Jody23

I'm not waffling at all. I've said from the start the Hawks had the best offer to give but the only way Ferry would pull the trigger is if Dwight agrees to an extension. You don't trade Horford with that deal and what he brings on the court for anything less than that.

And yes, to answer your second question I absolutely believe Horford is the best the Magic can get. A two time All Star big man in his prime that is NOT a restricted free agent or will be a free agent at the end of the year signed to the most reasonable non rookie deal in the NBA? No question that is the best offer they can get. Hell even Hollinger and other NBA talking heads are asking the same question.

They are asking the same because Dwight has limited his market and amongst that limited market is the only reason Horford stands out. This is common sense. Unless I'm in some bizarro world where Horford somehow became the most desirable asset in the majority of the league, if an open bid were to begin you would see multiple players, 1st round picks, and cap space being utilized to take back bad contracts being offered up rather than this poopoo platter that is being circulated out there for the best Center in the league.

So to conclude on the point you waffled on, no, the money isn't that binding an incentive thus why the Hawks and 27 other teams aren't floating deals out there and why the Nets continuously keep getting brought back up. I thought that was obvious.