• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We Just Became the Front Runners for Dwight

ATLHawks3

It is an interesting situation, though. If Howard really wants every last dollar, then it's going to be hard for him to demand a trade. But I really don't see him playing out the season with the Magic. Are the Rockets still in it? They're the only ones I've heard say they don't care about him signing a deal.

Let's put this in context if we can.1. Dwight comes here in trade. 1 year rental.2. With Rose out for the majority of the year, Boston set to fade some, Orlando taking a step back without Howard or Anderson, Indiana probably losing Hibbert, we have a shot at the number 1 seed. Yes, you heard me. We were 4th with JJ, no Horford. I would have to think, substitute Harris for Pargo, Howard for JJ, Morrow for 1/2 a season of TMac, a midlevel exception to replace Marvin. There's some wins in there. We were 10 games from a number 1 seed last year. Number 1 seed + Howard, Smith, Harris, Teague is a pass to the 2nd round where we would probably play Indiana, Boston, Nets, Knicks or possibly the Wizards in the soon to be lightweight East.3. Atlanta goes to the EC finals vs Miami. We lose the battle at SG, SF, Bench (Assuming Miami is healthy). We win PG, PF, C. Assume we win the East.4. Dwight gets the max, has a chance to play for the championship. Gets to play with Josh and Morrow in his hometown. He's a fool to leave.A lineup ofHarris/TeagueMorrow/JenkinsFA/StephensonJosh/Ivan/ScottHoward/Zaza/PetroWould be downright scary in the current East. No one except NY is close to that big inside while being that fast at the guard spot.Suddenly Nene isn't a frightening matchup. Bosh is no longer a double cover. Howard, Smith on the floor at the same time is a nightmare for most teams that live off rebounding and guards driving to the basket. Most nights teams would be relegated to trying to win with jump shots, no transition game. Miami wouldn't be able to post up guards without fear of a backside double. Cities = marketing dollars. Championships = greater marketing dollars.

• Like 1

This is getting old guys. Come on mannnnnnnn. If you are going to create a post like this at least attach a shred of evidence. I'm calling false advertising on this one.

At this point I don't think there is a front runner. If there is, it's the Nets, but it doesn't really look like he ends up there either. The only other realistic scenario was LA, but if the reports are true and Bynum won't sign then Howard is going to play out the season with the Magic.

This is nowhere near as falsely advertised as the threads that say the Nets got Howard . Nets are nowhere near getting Howard. People need to read these stupid updates before they believe them.

Edited by NJHAWK

If the Nets deal doesn't go through, we might be the front runners after you read this.. http://tracking.si.c...howard-orlando/

Where in that link does it state that the Hawks would be front runners for Dwight Howard if the Nets or Lakers deals don't happen? I'll wait... Edited by WakaFlocka

• Premium Member

I look at it real simply.IF we have the chance to get him.. even if for one year, we should prolly do it. Here's why.If his main thing is to go to NJ... Once he sees that NJ is filled up for years, I think he can be convinced to stay here. The only other place that he could go would be Dallas. If he wants to go somewhere, we could imposed our tax upon the team that takes him. Namely... 1st round picks and young players.

Did you not just read what I said in the first place? If Andrew Bynum gets traded to ORL, he isn't resigning long term. So you can scratch the Lakers off. I don't see how the Magic would like the Nets proposed deal, because if they make that deal official, Orlando is going to be even worse. Then there's Atlanta, Houston, and Dallas. What does Houston and Dallas have to offer? They have very weak rosters, and I don't see Orlando looking to become worse after the deal. Now comes, Atlanta. We can offer Orlando, Al Horford, Devin Harris, and our 2 first round picks next year. When the 2013-14 offseaon comes along, we would be the only team to give him the most money. If he wants to go to New Jersey, it would be very difficult, and he would have to take a trumendous, pay cut. And when we have Dwight, we could possibly entice other big name free agents to come win a chamipionship, here in Atlanta. I swear, some of you guys have to connect the dots when you read articles.

• Premium Member

The Hawks are not going to offer Horford as long as Howard maintains his stance of not wanting to play in Atlanta. No need to create hard feelings with your current players when there is no need to. Should the Hawks persist and trade for him, I can't imagine Dwight being happy about it and he most certainly would leave after a year. The Hawks need to focus on building the team instead of trying to FORCE their way into getting a player who quite obviously doesn't want to be here.

• Like 1

I agree with jody. Pnr with harris and horford. Try to get it in for the playoffs.

I really don't want to give up Al. If we want Dwight I'd rather just wait til next summer. Right now our number one priority should be getting another wing and getting Josh to extend. Then next year we can team up Al, Dwight, and Josh. Then we can find another good wing player in the draft next year with our 2 first round picks. Plus if Dwight doesn't want to stay here then we just wasted our picks and player for nothing.

• Moderators

Per MC:

Notes

[*]The Hawks no longer appear to be in the Dwight Howard sweepstakes. The hang-up remains the same: Howard has given no indication he’s willing to commit to the Hawks (or any team other than Brooklyn) beyond next season and, without that assurance, Atlanta is unwilling to trade major pieces and draft picks and also take back one more of Orlando’s bad contracts.

[*]The Hawks met with free agent forward Anthony Randolph over the weekend. Ferry said the Hawks also are scheduled to meet with free agent forward Rashard Lewis, who didn’t commit to the Heat after meeting with the team in Miami on Sunday.

[*]Hawks free agent Kirk Hinrich agreed to a two-year, $6 million deal with the Bulls.

[*]Free agent guard Jannero Pargo is still considering a return to the Hawks, his agent said. “Something we have talked about, but talking to a number of teams,” agent Mark Bartelstein wrote in a text message. “Will know more in next few days.” Pargo is close friends with Johnson, his former teammate at Arkansas.

[*]Today is reporting day for the Hawks’ rookie and free agent minicamp in preparation for the Las Vegas Summer League but the team still hasn’t released an official roster. Apparently there are still some last-minute changes being made.