• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks sign Lou Williams

Mutombolievable

My guess is that we put the Joe trade in as non-simultaneous on our end to generate a TPE then used that for Lou. That or we used the MLE. Hard to tell exactly until we see the details on the deal, but I was kind of under the impression that Lou would command more than the MLE and we don't have cap space. Maybe he accepted less to return home. Was Lou on the Atlanta Celtics?

Leave it to the capologists to come in and cornfuse things! j/k I was under the impression as well that Lou would get more than the MLE but I hope we didn't pay him that much.

I like Lou as our 6th man more than I would've liked to have Jamal back. Teague needs to be traded IMO. He isn't better than Harris at starting PG and now has no place as our 6th man. He also isn't aggressive enough to be a 6th man.

The deal makes less sense if we're keeping Harris and Teague but I strongly suspect that 1 of them will be traded, whether it's for Dwight or not. Either way, you can do a hell of a lot worse than Lou Williams as your backup PG. For proof, just look at the past 20 years of Hawks basketball.

Lou was arguably the best player on a Philly team that was better than ours last year.

Lou was arguably the best player on a Philly team that was better than ours last year.

He certainly had moments where he was their best and he was definitely their best offensive weapon. All of this excitement over Lou Williams, can you imagine if we pull of a Dwight trade or sign a max FA next year??

Lou is a good player but this does not make any sense to me. Not enough playing time for Teague, Harris, and Williams and playing people out of position is a bad idea as we already understand. It just gives you a excuse. I don't like Ferry's moves individually and I can not accept the notion that I must wait years to see the big picture. Stockpiling really never works out, hopefully this will all make sense before the season starts.

Louis Williams is a pure scorer..........not a PG. He we will have the same role he had in Philly. The Vinnie "The Microwave" Johnson role of instant scoring off the bench. Edited by coachx

• Admin

Louis Williams is a pure scorer..........not a PG. He will be stealing minutes from Morrow and Jenkins. I doubt LW gets many minutes at PG

True but the problem is when he is on the court with a point guard and someone has to guard the opposing teams shooting guard

He certainly had moments where he was their best and he was definitely their best offensive weapon. All of this excitement over Lou Williams, can you imagine if we pull of a Dwight trade or sign a max FA next year??

A lot of hometown love. Me and pops went to many a South Gwinnett game to see the backcourt duo who were supposed to resurrect UGA basektball. Plus my cousin was playing North Gwinnett at that time too. A lot of us saw him play at South Gwinnett HS. That HS team had 2 players ranked in the top 30 HS seniors in the nation. Louis Williams was the #1 guard coming out of HS that year. Both of their studs were also a UGA verbal committs before Williams announced he would go pro early. The other guy was Mercer.........who could not stay out of trouble and was kicked off the team at UGA. I think he finished his career at UAB or South Florida.

If we don't trade any of our guards, I still like the amount of competition we'll have for minutes. And the depth for sure

Keep in mind Teague, Harris, and Morrow all only have 1 year left under contract. Expiring contracts can be valuable come the trade deadline so mabe those poker chips can be cashed in. I would say we have significantly upgraded over Pargo and Wille Green. Edited by coachx

TeagueHarrisWilliamsJemkinsMorrowStevensonAm I missing anyone?Also, LMAO at people claiming Teague "needs" to be traded. Which guy was on the team with the best record and giving the responsibility of running the team? Which guy was the only guy getting consistent playing time for the 1st time? Harris has the biggest expiring and would make the most sense in a trade but of course teams will ask for Teague.

Edited by MrMeltdown

Damn, we got one of the most underated players in the league. This was a great move. Lou led the sixers in scoring last season off the bench. Lou is starting at point over Harris and Teague. Great move D.Ferry.