• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Latest D12

• Admin

Dwight is NEVER wearing a lakers uni. Kobe doesn't pass the rock, especially for a game winner. Dwight called Kobe and asked what his role would be and Kobe told him a defensive person and a rebounder (in other words, Kobe's trash man). I'd believe Dwight going to Houston before I believe he would go to LA.

Kobe doesn't need to pass him the ball...they have Steve Nash the best passing point guard in the league. He will get Howard the ball

Kobe doesn't need to pass him the ball...they have Steve Nash the best passing point guard in the league. He will get Howard the ball

I have to admit I'm dying to see how Kobe reacts to having a PG with nearly as much star power as him (Nash was a 2 time back-to-back league MVP after all) running the team and controlling the ball.

Posted Image

chadfordinsider Following up on @RicBucher report: Nets have told Magic if there's a Dwight Howard deal, must be done by end of business day

Posted Image

chadfordinsider Nets fearful of an offer sheet for Lopez from another team if they don't act by end of day. Offer sheet would kill sign-and-trade anyway

Posted Image

chadfordinsider Lopez's agent pushing Nets to either sign Lopez for themselves or do a sign-and-trade by end of the day.

Excuse my lack of knowledge but I've got a question...Why is Chad Ford saying that the Nets are fearful that Brook Lopez will get an offer by the end of the day? Why would that mess things up? Won't NJ just match whatever offer is out there?

Excuse my lack of knowledge but I've got a question...Why is Chad Ford saying that the Nets are fearful that Brook Lopez will get an offer by the end of the day? Why would that mess things up? Won't NJ just match whatever offer is out there?

Because if Lopez signs an offer he cannot be traded until sometime in December or something like that.

Thanks JayBird. Makes sense now. So, what we need to pray for is for Lopez to sign an offer sheet with some team before the Nets?

That or the Nets re-signing him. Either way he'd be off the table until December. I think the Rockets are a much bigger threat at this point though.

Best case scenario would be if the Rockets put in an offer sheet for Lopez! Would kill any chance Brooklyn has and I imagine it would take the Rockets out of the hunt as well as they'd have no need for Lopez and Dwight.

chadfordinsider Any offer sheet to Lopez kills Nets ability to do a sign-and-trade. Rockets would have huge incentive to blow up Nets-Magic deal chadfordinsider Following up on @ESPNSteinLine, Rockets are another threat to Nets w/ Lopez offer sheet if Bulls match Asik.

Houston should put in a low-ball offer on Lopez and force Brooklyn's hand, even if they have no intention of signing him.

Lopez would have to agree to the contract for it to matter and I highly doubt he's going to sign for anything less than $12 million or so for multiple years.

Lopez would have to agree to the contract for it to matter and I highly doubt he's going to sign for anything less than $12 million or so for multiple years.

From what it sounded, it seemed like all the Rockets had to do was offer. That makes a lot more sense that Lopez has to agree to the deal. Still, I would offer if I was Houston, even if I didn't want Lopez. It will make D12 to the Nets impossible, and the Nets will have to match the offer. As bad as it would be for the Nets to lose the ability to trade Lopez, it would be even worse for them if he walked away for nothing.

From what it sounded, it seemed like all the Rockets had to do was offer. That makes a lot more sense that Lopez has to agree to the deal. Still, I would offer if I was Houston, even if I didn't want Lopez. It will make D12 to the Nets impossible, and the Nets will have to match the offer. As bad as it would be for the Nets to lose the ability to trade Lopez, it would be even worse for them if he walked away for nothing.

The thing is, if the Rockets offer they better damn sure be ready to take Lopez if the Nets decide not to match.
  • Like 1

People are making Dwight to be the escape goat here. I swear Orlando to me is the biggest cause of all this drama. They just will not make a deal no matter what. Quit wasting everyone time and do a damn trade. Magic are not going to get equal value for Howard. Take the best deal possible and move on. No team is going to bail Magic out of the horrible contracts they have.

Edited by ThunderHawks

People are making Dwight to be the escape goat here. I swear Orlando to me is the biggest cause of all this drama. They just will not make a deal no matter what. Quit wasting everyone time and do a damn trade. Magic are not going to get equal value for Howard. Take the best deal possible and move on. No team is going to bail Magic out of the horrible contracts they have.

Escape goat? Wow.
  • Like 2

Magic likely have Horford,Teague,Zaza(make salary work) and draft picks on the table for Howard & JRich. That is the best deal out there for them. Take the f'ing deal already and quit dragging this crap out waiting for that impossible deal to fall into their lap. They will keep dragging their feet on this as long as Dwight continue to get blasted in the media. So yes he is becoming the Magic escape goat while the Magic can't make up their f'ing minds.

Because if Lopez signs an offer he cannot be traded until sometime in December or something like that.

Worse, Brook also gets to decide if he even wants to accept a trade for a whole year after the match.