• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lopez [closer to] sign[ing] with The NETS...Now only Lakers, Houston and ATL left

wolvetigers

your right...

"There's a window Nets can still deal Lopez in sign-and-trade to Magic today, but it's closing fast. Doubt they'll drag this into Thursday. "

Brook better get his @$$ in there and sign that contact. I wouldn't care about helping no one! Not DH, the Russin, D-Williams... NO ONE!

If Billy a fool to give it to me, I'm signing it fast!

Marc Stein: Source close to process says Portland & Charlotte have indeed told Brook Lopez they're ready to sign him today to four-year max offer sheet Twitter

Well now Nets are in trouble of losing everything..

Well now that is very interesting indeed! My guess is that the Nets will be out of it after today and it will drag on between us and Houston.

• Moderators

Marc Stein: Source close to process says Portland & Charlotte have indeed told Brook Lopez they're ready to sign him today to four-year max offer sheet Twitter

Well now Nets are in trouble of losing everything..

The only thing they lose in that scenario is the chance to deal for Dwight. They can match a Bobcats offer sheet, for example, but if he signs with one of them it means that NJ can't trade him.

If I was Lopez, I might do that just to make sure I got to stay in Brooklyn.

WojYahooNBAAdreian Wojnarowski

Brooklyn's fully guaranteed the first 4 years, $58M of a max deal offer for Brook Lopez, sources tell Y! Sides still discussing 5th year.

That basically guarrantees the trade for Brooklyn to get D12 - everybody is getting paid well - the Roooskie billionaire is doing his thing....

..he is pushing the envelope - but apparently he tossed a few million (pocket change) Stern's way too.

"Welcome to your Chalet on the Black Sea Mr. Stern...the fishing is great"

Edited by PetroBlast

• Moderators

That basically guarrantees the trade for Brooklyn to get D12

It really changes nothing. The fact that Brooklyn would pony up for Lopez is the status quo. What is closing the door on a Dwight trade is the fact that there are other high dollar bidders for Lopez that could force NJ's hand to keep Brook.

The one thing that benefits Lopez by waiting for the Nets is the 5th year an extra 25 million. So I'm sure the Nets are telling him to hold on by promising that 5th year which Charlotte and Portland can't give him.

The one thing that benefits Lopez by waiting for the Nets is the 5th year an extra 25 million. So I'm sure the Nets are telling him to hold on by promising that 5th year which Charlotte and Portland can't give him.

Good point. But you know what they say about a bird in the hand... plus the only way he gets that extra year and money would be if they sign him to keep him as I was told yesterday that you cannot give that 5th year and extra money and then trade the player.

I would rather DH go to Brooklyn then to LA Lakers though

Funny cap...I heard a sports talker say the other day that he didn't think that the Cavs owner would facilitate a trade just to put Brooklyn in the driver's seat to stop LeBron from getting his 2-3-4-5 championships...that nobody would do that just out of spite. Honestly, if you look back in time, many of our country's heros were primarily motivated by personal ego - and if they couldn't attain the level they wanted they torpedoed their rivals as best they could - out of spite. It's what rich and powerful guys do. Why do you think Bob Baffert saved his best long distance horse for the Belmont? He figured "F"...if my best horse can't win the Derby and the Preakness - I'll throw the best I have against that other c_cks_cker and at least keep him from winning it all. Edited by PetroBlast

Good point. But you know what they say about a bird in the hand... plus the only way he gets that extra year and money would be if they sign him to keep him as I was told yesterday that you cannot give that 5th year and extra money and then trade the player.

Yes I know he wouldn't be able to get traded until Jan. 15th. Also, I think the Nets are telling him to be patient because if a trade doesn't come around with Howard we will give you that 5th year. So basically Nets are saying look your option B you wait this out we will make it worth your while.

• Moderators

Yes I know he wouldn't be able to get traded until Jan. 15th. Also, I think the Nets are telling him to be patient because if a trade doesn't come around with Howard we will give you that 5th year. So basically Nets are saying look your option B you wait this out we will make it worth your while.

I would tell the Nets that they aren't trading me so write up that deal for the 5th year and let's go win the East. If they held on to the idea of trading me, I would sign the offer with Portland so I couldn't be trade for a year to a team like Orlando.