• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Agree to Trade For Korver

MrMeltdown

That dunk was insane. I remember my jaw dropping and the chat room going insane. Good times. Typical Josh, shows off his perimeter skills with an air ball 3, then gets momentum with a good find from Zaza, and demonstrates what he can accomplish when he's in the paint. Watching some the highlights of him; especially this video in particular:

Josh can dominate when he has the momentum going to the paint ala Devin Harris. I know Josh is happy with the signing because Harris is a proven PG, and I know Josh respects his game. Josh won't be bringing the ball down the court anymore, nor taking 3's or deep 2's as much now since we surrounded him with snipers. I expect this to be a very good year for Mr. Smoove. Edited by AHawks89

• Premium Member

Good thing that doesn't describe Korver, who I'm guessing you haven't watched much since his Philly days.

Funny, my wife is a Chicago girl so my second favorite team in all sports are those from Chicago. I've watched plenty of Kyle Korver. He can not defend, he can not rebound, he doesn't have good handles and the only thing he brings is outside shooting. I defy you to go to a Bulls board and ask them if Korver brings more and watch the responses you get.

Funny, my wife is a Chicago girl so my second favorite team in all sports are those from Chicago. I've watched plenty of Kyle Korver. He can not defend, he can not rebound, he doesn't have good handles and the only thing he brings is outside shooting. I defy you to go to a Bulls board and ask them if Korver brings more and watch the responses you get.

I don't need to listen to Bulls messageboard fans who for the most part are no more informed than most of our fans. I'm not claiming that he's a great defender but yes a lot better than casual fans give him credit for being.

• Premium Member

I don't need to listen to Bulls messageboard fans who for the most part are no more informed than most of our fans. I'm not claiming that he's a great defender but yes a lot better than casual fans give him credit for being.

So, yeah, you know I'm right but you don't want to take up the challenge. :P He's the worst wing defender in the NBA. Period. I stand by that statement and I shudder to think of what he's going to do our now very undersized team. Assuming of course Ferry doesn't do more to the roster to address that.

The thing that i like the most is that he's hit a couple of game winning threes. I know he's been open because of Rose, but making a clutch shot is something that not every guy can do.

So, yeah, you know I'm right but you don't want to take up the challenge. :P He's the worst wing defender in the NBA. Period. I stand by that statement and I shudder to think of what he's going to do our now very undersized team. Assuming of course Ferry doesn't do more to the roster to address that.

I don't accept your idea that he's the worst or even close to it. He's actually a pretty decent team defender and does what he's supposed ton there are metrics that show this such as his Net PER and I'm sure his defensive win shares even if I don't buy that stat but I'm mobile and not interested in looking up the stats to prove my point.

• Premium Member

I don't accept your idea that he's the worst or even close to it. He's actually a pretty decent team defender and does what he's supposed ton there are metrics that show this such as his Net PER and I'm sure his defensive win shares even if I don't buy that stat but I'm mobile and not interested in looking up the stats to prove my point.

I'm gonna have to kill this noise with one picture that adequately sums up this ferocious man eater on defense you think Korver is.

Posted Image

The common thread that runs through all of the moves is VALUE. I think it was said up front that Ferry wants to run a value-oriented club. With the strange nature of NBA business, with good players being moved for nothing, and true MAX players being worth FAR MORE than their contracts, it makes sense to have a flexible salary structure so you can be opportunistic.

There is no MASTER PLAN. It's a fallacy to think you can plan 2-3 moves ahead as a GM in today's game.

Value means having a roster made up of players who play at or above what they are paid. The benefit is two-fold: 1) you pay less for the talent you have, leaving room to improve, and 2) all of your players are tradeable. This gives you the flexibility to fit into more trade scenarios.

I think if there is any semblance of a plan, it is to fill out a roster with players who represent value (LouWill) or are expiring (Korver) or both. Everything is getting set up for the BIG MOVE...

I agree with you 100% txsting....and I believe the BIG MOVE is the sale of the team.

You are exactly right about value. Get away from the overpriced guy(s) and get the best value for the money you want to spend.

The ASG (or whatever they are called now) has obviously realized that they can't get what they want for this franchise. The NBA will not allow them to sell to a swindler who wants to make a big score moving the team to Las Vegas. Apparently Stern and his boyz want a franchise in Atlanta.

So...the only way to make this franchise sale-able on the current market is to reduce long term overpriced contracts while making some moves to keep the team competitve in the short term.

Bottom line is - the rich fools aren't coming out of the woodwork to buy the Hawks...so save a few bucks in the short term and have a better product to offer to a new potential buyer.

Personally..if I were rich as heck..I would prefer the product that Ferry seems to be putting together. New owners want options and a few players who can keep you from starting at the total bottom....JMHO. Posted Image

That dunk was insane. I remember my jaw dropping and the chat room going insane. Good times.

Typical Josh, shows off his perimeter skills with an air ball 3, then gets momentum with a good find from Zaza, and demonstrates what he can accomplish when he's in the paint.

Watching some the highlights of him; especially this video in particular: http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Vt3o6pxc4

Josh can dominate when he has the momentum going to the paint ala Devin Harris. I know Josh is happy with the signing because Harris is a proven PG, and I know Josh respects his game. Josh won't be bringing the ball down the court anymore, nor taking 3's or deep 2's as much now since we surrounded him with snipers. I expect this to be a very good year for Mr. Smoove.

Your assumptions rest on Josh being a smart player. Your assumptions disregard that Josh had problems before Teague ever arrived with his coach and was always borderline insubordinate. Your assumptions disregard the truth and that is no-one can make Josh better because in his mind he has it all right that is why he continues to do the stupid stuff he does on the court.

Hell yeah! I am getting a Korver jersey as soon as they are available. He's an assassin from behind the line. He doesn't do anything else well, but he can shoot the ball. Great deal!