• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

According to ESPN ... Howard is gone to LA

capstone21

This has to be one of the worst trades in history. Orlando didnt get anything out of the deal. I was on the Magic board and some of them are trying to justify the trade but come on PROTECTED SECOND ROUND PICKS!!! You cant be serious. You know what at the end of the day you have to run a franchise. They have that brand new arena and no one to fill it. If that deal that BK had on the table is true, I wouldve took it. I dont care if that is where Howard wants to go or not. You have to sell tickets At least that gives you a starting point. Im sure Lopez or Humphries could be moved to a contending team plus you have Brooks and the picks. Al Harrington 3/21mil Are you kidding me?..lol.This doesnt change our position though. We just need to start winning on the court, thats all. Of course Miami and the Pacers are going to be nightmares in the paint but im content on where we stand.

• Moderators

Woe-as-me Hawk fans coming out on this news... I believe everyone expected this to happen... Dwight going to LA doesn't spell the end of the world for the Hawks. Dwight is still firm on testing FAncy, although LA having Bird rule on their side does give them the extra leverage. If the Lakers don't a title in 2013, Dwight may second guess staying there. In three years, he'll basically be the cornerstone on a rebuilding Laker squad. Kobe, Nash, Artest, and Gasol are all on the wrong side of 30 and Dwight knows that. Does Dwight want to spend the prime of his career on a team that will be looking to rebuild in 3 years? I don't think so... This is an all-in experiment to win a title with two players that are title-chasing. If the Lakers get bounced in the 2nd or 3rd round, Dwight may leave for a max deal some where closer to home...

I have to think that if Ferry offered the Magic Horford/Teague and two first rounders then we'd have Dwight right now and could realistically go after CP3 in the offseason. Instead we're going to have a 35-42 win team and people will be begging Ferry to resign the Josh Smiths of the world so we won't have the cap room or the ability to be bad enough to go into the lottery to possibly get an actual superstar. That is what I was referring to in my post. People will demand Ferry sign B level guys when we desperately need A+ guys.

Man i know you didnt want to give up Teague and Horf for an unextended Howard, AFTER his agent just said he was going to test FA? That is super stupid. We will finish above .500 im not worried about that. We dont need no freaking CP3. We need Teague to start doing his thing. We need to make players want to come and play here and i think we are heading in the right direction. Im not down to signing B level guys. Im always opposed to signing other teams trash just because, which seems to be the thing to do on here. Im going to stand behind Ferry and his plan and see how it plays out. Look at it this way at least we dont have Rob..lol

It is Ferry's fault that he thinks he will build a championship through FA and trades. He will fail badly and most likely will never be a GM again.

i seriously disagree with you on this one. Who said he is building through FA? At least we are in the position to make a move if it presents itself. I dont think the city of Atlanta could handle another rebuild. Just because you tank you still have to get through the lottery and make the right picks. Look at Portland, shoot look at us. A rebuild and looking for a star can last a long time.
  • Like 1

Lakers always get the best deal out teams. Why is that? Always rip off teams.Anyways, I'm sure Josh will be traded this season. Smoove + picks for Gasol. Terrible trade for us, but I'm sure since it's the Lakers, it will happen. I can see it happening. NOOOO!!!

Seriously, Josh Smith is worthless. I mean, when your best friend doesn't want to play with you in your home town... That speaks to how little he thinks of you as a player. I mean, who wouldn't want to play with their best friend? Dump him also. I don't care what for. If we're to go by win shares, then Josh is only worth about 6 wins anyway. No major loss.

So worthless that he ranks #1 in defense win shares. Worthless! Josh Smith WS was higher than Joes. So losing Joe must not mean anything either!

• Premium Member

Hawks fans would go damn near insane if Horford is traded for anyone less than MJ in his prime. C'mon man! Who will do the cute little muscle-man pose for the fans in heels if Horford is traded?

I don't care about Brooklyn or their fans. That franchise has 2 finals appearances. I have no pity for that franchise.

Hello, I could care less about the Nets as well. I just think this just made life more difficult for Joe Johnson and is germane as a Hawks Fan as prior to this trade it was all about how the Nets gave us nothing to get JJ. Now they see the true cost of the acquisition.

• Premium Member

Man i know you didnt want to give up Teague and Horf for an unextended Howard, AFTER his agent just said he was going to test FA? That is super stupid. We will finish above .500 im not worried about that. We dont need no freaking CP3. We need Teague to start doing his thing. We need to make players want to come and play here and i think we are heading in the right direction. Im not down to signing B level guys. Im always opposed to signing other teams trash just because, which seems to be the thing to do on here. Im going to stand behind Ferry and his plan and see how it plays out. Look at it this way at least we dont have Rob..lol

Howard testing FA is a smoke screen. If we got him here he'd have Josh and Morrow and Louis Williams as some of his best friends to work on him to stay. We'd have the bird rights to give him 25 million more reasons to stay here. Now? We have nothing. Dwight's not leaving the Lakers to take less money to come here. Instead of having a year to build his faith in Ferry and the new direction with his friends and 25 million extra to stay now we have, what, a routine max deal to offer him with?

I have to think that if Ferry offered the Magic Horford/Teague and two first rounders then we'd have Dwight right now and could realistically go after CP3 in the offseason. Instead we're going to have a 35-42 win team and people will be begging Ferry to resign the Josh Smiths of the world so we won't have the cap room or the ability to be bad enough to go into the lottery to possibly get an actual superstar. That is what I was referring to in my post. People will demand Ferry sign B level guys when we desperately need A+ guys.

So then when Dwight signs somewhere else and we are left with nothing. Im glad you are not our GM. There even isnt a hint that CP3 would leave LA to come here anyways. You guys just wishing and hoping. If Dwight wants to play here then he will come here as a FA. If he doesnt that means he didnt want to be here anyways.
  • Like 1

Howard testing FA is a smoke screen. If we got him here he'd have Josh and Morrow and Louis Williams as some of his best friends to work on him to stay. We'd have the bird rights to give him 25 million more reasons to stay here. Now? We have nothing. Dwight's not leaving the Lakers to take less money to come here. Instead of having a year to build his faith in Ferry and the new direction with his friends and 25 million extra to stay now we have, what, a routine max deal to offer him with?

SO how do you know he was going to stay with the Hawks after this season again, if we made the trade? If he wants to be here he will come here. He doesnt need that extra 25 million. Bron and the team all took less money to play together. That is a chance that i would have not taken. He wouldve left just like Manning did and leave us with what?

• Premium Member

So then when Dwight signs somewhere else and we are left with nothing. Im glad you are not our GM. There even isnt a hint that CP3 would leave LA to come here anyways. You guys just wishing and hoping. If Dwight wants to play here then he will come here as a FA. If he doesnt that means he didnt want to be here anyways.

I like how you ignore the post where I explain what having Dwight a whole year here would mean to increase the change of resigning him. CP3 has said in the past he'd like to play in Atlanta. Having Dwight here not only means we most likely KEEP DWIGHT but we'd have enough cap space to get CP3 here next year. And CP3 would look at a team with Dwight, Josh and some decent shooters and realize as a point guard he couldn't ask for a better team. But hey, if you think the Hawks chances are the same to sign Dwight as a free agent as opposed to trading for him then I don't know what else to tell you.

I like how you ignore the post where I explain what having Dwight a whole year here would mean to increase the change of resigning him. CP3 has said in the past he'd like to play in Atlanta. Having Dwight here not only means we most likely KEEP DWIGHT but we'd have enough cap space to get CP3 here next year. And CP3 would look at a team with Dwight, Josh and some decent shooters and realize as a point guard he couldn't ask for a better team. But hey, if you think the Hawks chances are the same to sign Dwight as a free agent as opposed to trading for him then I don't know what else to tell you.

Where do you guys get that if he plays here a year, we would most likely keep him. He hasnt even put us on his list of teams to get traded too. I could see if we were at least mentioned by him or his agent. Im not risking my franchise on that. CP3 said he would play in ATL when? Wasnt that his rookie year or something. I know he hasnt said that in the last 5 years. You guys are wishing on star. I would love to have d12 here but im not betting my future on hopes and dreams. What ATL needs to do is get rid of Drew and get a real coach like a Jerry Sloan and start playing to our players strengths and win games. Thats how you get players to come here. Winning. I mean we are still a position to get Howard next year. If he wants to play with his buddies, he can still make that move.

Why do you act like the Hawks have intentionally avoided superstar players? I promise you that's not their strategy. Established superstars don't want to come here and drafting a superstar requires a lot of luck. "Just get a superstar!!!" is MUCH easier said than done.

They had the chance, but they drafted that lousy piece of S___ Marvin Williams.
  • Like 1

i seriously disagree with you on this one. Who said he is building through FA? At least we are in the position to make a move if it presents itself. I dont think the city of Atlanta could handle another rebuild. Just because you tank you still have to get through the lottery and make the right picks. Look at Portland, shoot look at us. A rebuild and looking for a star can last a long time.

Well, man... It seems obvious to me that Ferry thinks he can build a title team through trades and FA and he will not be successful in doing so. Nobody wants to sign here, and this team doesn't have squat in assets to get the player that they need. You rarely get a chance to get superstars and we all know about the big failure from 2005. We obviously were unable to convince Howard to sign here. And it's due to years and years of being an inept franchise. This teams only chance is to draft like The Thunder did. Maybe we don't have to build the entire team through the draft, but if this franchise is going to become a title contender, that will become with some great drafting and NOT free agency and trades. Ferry clearly has no clue that nobody wants to play here. Obviously he is ignorant in regards to the franchises history.

Well, man... It seems obvious to me that Ferry thinks he can build a title team through trades and FA and he will not be successful in doing so. Nobody wants to sign here, and this team doesn't have squat in assets to get the player that they need. You rarely get a chance to get superstars and we all know about the big failure from 2005. We obviously were unable to convince Howard to sign here. And it's due to years and years of being an inept franchise. This teams only chance is to draft like The Thunder did. Maybe we don't have to build the entire team through the draft, but if this franchise is going to become a title contender, that will become with some great drafting and NOT free agency and trades. Ferry clearly has no clue that nobody wants to play here. Obviously he is ignorant in regards to the franchises history.

-Nobody wants to sign here? We (management) brought this on themselves. Not winning, bad drafts, fans not supporting the team. All of that is ownerships fault. I see with Ferry he is trying to change that and also with ASG keeping their mouths shut and not conducting basketball operations. Ferry is doing something that should have been done years ago. Going away from the way operations was being conducted. Same thing that TD did with the Falcons. -Atlanta doesnt want to rebuild. Lord knows i dont want to go another 10 years from playoff appearances. We are trying to stay competitive. Horf, Teague, and Smoove. You can build around that. Shoot we dont need a D12. We need a true center that can rebound, block, and throw in 5-8 points a night. -Once again being an Atlanta fan and D12 being from ATL and Howard doesnt even mention us? Howard doesnt want to bring his hometown team up even though he sees us making moves, offends me. The ATL metro area should be pissed off at the hometown guy not wanting to come here. Not even mentioning us for a one year rental. Thats why i say F Howard. Personally i hope he doesnt win anything. -I think our drafts will improve but once again. Until we get a real coach that plays players on talent and not sit them on the bench because they are a rookie and also hold players accountable. It doesnt matter who we have on this team. Larry Drew is not that guy. -NO shit Ferry knows about no one wants to play here and thats why he is making all these moves in the FO to change that. We have to build the reputation and win on the court. LA has nothing that ATL cant offer as far as being a city thats why tons of players live here. We have to improve our reputation. Im not worried about the Hawks. Ferry is going to make us a winner.

They had the chance, but they drafted that lousy piece of S___ Marvin Williams.

yup nothing we can do about that now. Edited by tonegully