Watched some of the Dream game yesterday...

Diesel

They play a more exciting game than the Hawks. AND They are a heck of a lot better looking, don't you agree. Plus, they have won the eastern championship two years running only to lose to the west in the finals. Wouldn't it be great to see the Hawks do this? Instead of never getting out of the second round. The WNBA doesn't dink as much but they are faster and rougher than the NBA - - Sorry boys. It's true.

• Like 1

I have thought about it. This is not a new idea.Remember, this is not female against male. Sure, the men are bigger and much machobut you have to consider who they are playing against when you say they play rougher.Sure, there are NBA players who are fast. But, there are a lot more female players whoare very quick. You don't see many slow moving WNBA players but you do NBA players.That's why I personally believe they're faster and rougher. You have a right to your ownopinion in the matter - - - This is mine.PS -- No argument on better looking??

Edited by Gray Mule

• Premium Member

Gray Mule.. There is no way the WNBA is faster. No way. Lol. Better looking? Yes

I think what Mule is saying is that the girls don't hold the ball as much and play as much isoball. Isoball and non-play oriented play tends to slow the game down. Ball movement and play derived play is a much better product. That's what I noted watching them. nobody hogging the ball.
  • Like 1

Thanks, Diesel. I knew someone would understand. Some NBA teams move so slowly, you can take a nap between shots. Not in the WNBA - - And, these gals are quick.

WNBA pace of play is faster than the NBA games, it's constant ball and player movement.

• Moderators

They do move fast. The Dream fired Meadors today. Fred Williams is the new Head Coach/GM.

Wow. That's shocking since she has been so successful. Apparently Angel didn't like her???? not sure. AJC....no coverage. I guess the Dawgs are running wind sprints today so we need 5 guys covering that. Edited by macdaddy
  • Like 1

Must have been a conflict. Angel is an all star and a part of the olympic goldwinning USA team.Meadows apparently sat Angel for two games then brought her off the bench.Can't fire your all star player so, coach, you're out of here.Too bad. Meadows has been here since day one as coach and GM.Gotta wonder what happened. Side note: As noted above, the AJC probably doesn'tknow that Atlanta has a WNBA team. If they do, then they just ignore them. Shame.

Must have been a conflict. Angel is an all star and a part of the olympic gold winning USA team. Meadows apparently sat Angel for two games then brought her off the bench. Can't fire your all star player so, coach, you're out of here. Too bad. Meadows has been here since day one as coach and GM. Gotta wonder what happened. Side note: As noted above, the AJC probably doesn't know that Atlanta has a WNBA team. If they do, then they just ignore them. Shame.

Actually, what I find the most annoying is all the coverage they give to Maya Moore - big story about her returning home last weekend. There was a big story about her being in the Olympics. With all the coverage she gets you would think she played for us. The Dream coverage seems to be an afterthought, or a "Maya will be playing against a local team this weekend called the Dream." Edited by Randy
  • Like 1

Yeah, they may not have more fans but they surely have more drama. If you like summertime drama, you hopefully haven't been missing out: http://hawksquawk.ne...it-it-just-did/ ~lw3

More Drama? c'mon man...Dwightmare and SVG, Carmelo wanting out of Denver and of course LBJ taking his talents to South Beach.....No Sir. Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

More Drama? c'mon man...Dwightmare and SVG, Carmelo wanting out of Denver and of course LBJ taking his talents to South Beach.....No Sir.

I was comparing the Dream's ongoing soap opera not to the entire NBA but just that of our Fine Feathered Friends... "will Woody shave his eyebrows off? stay tuned!" [/organ] ~lw3
  • Like 1