How bout them Falcons!

jy23

Speaking of the WR position. Falcons need to change somethings up. HD isn't really doing much for us these days in the recieving darpartment. Drew Davis hasn't played that much and he has had a bigger impact then HD. I would be in favor of him getting HD job as our 3rd WR. Then let move HD to punt return. Because "Fair Catch" Franks isn't doing anything worth a damn returning punts. HD is a punt returner and could help improve that part of the Falcons.

Not a bad idea. For all the hype he had been getting, HD hasn't impressed at all. Drew David should get more chances to make plays. Franks posses me off Sunday when he fell on a punt he had no business touching. That could have turned out.really ugly and it's.all because he's not.ag.great decision maker when put in that position

Well tht was a pretty good game today but we did a lot of Uncharacreristic things today that ended up costing us the game which is why I'm not too bothered by the loss....penalties, missed tackles and things like that can and will be fixed. Matt Ryan looked GREAT today but turner looked like a piece of crap....I was praying that we didn't hand the ball off to him when we had it on the 2 yard line in the fourth bc I knew he wouldn't do anything with it n that's exactly what he did...NOTHING!!!! Quizz looked good, he's getting better by the game and HD actually had a good game today except for not getting in the end zone on that last drive. Can't say enough about Julio coming back and playing the way he did after getting hurt and tony and roddy both played great today. We'll bounce back next week and hopefully kill the saints when they come to the dome

Isn't ironic how bad we've been in short yardage the last few years after being pretty damn good a few years before that ? Michael Turner is starting to look like twinkletoes duckett himself out there. We need to start giving it to Snelling or something other than what we are doing.

Yeah mike bothered me today....it was pretty ugly but quizz is looking better and better. I still don't see him as an every down back but he's a great compliment back n I think we should a look at drafting an every down back in the upcoming draft.

Short yardage failures are the major problem right now. That and run defense plus tackling. The latter I am not so worried about, but the inability to push the league's worst defense back 12 inches on multiple occasions is a big problem.Tired of seeing Turner tiptoe up to the line as well. Just jam it up in there full bore and let the chips fall. I can't put it all on him because the O-line is getting zero push in those spots but he is soooooo slow to hit the hole.It is a major problem when you get that feeling of dread when there is a tackle on the 1 yard line or a 3rd and 1. Just don't know how you can feel confident in the playoffs with that glaring issue.This game is very reminiscent of recent clashes with NO. Very bitter pill losing to them. Not such a big deal in the scheme of things but certainly hard to take given the recent history and the bad blood between these teams.

Released ray Edwards today....ABOUT TIME!!!! This man was stealing money

• Moderators

Same here. Ray stole enough money from the team and minutes away from Biermann. Spoon needs to get back ASAP and Peters needs to get back to last years form. If that happens, our pass rush will be alright. I am okay with the loss to the Saints. I hate that our first loss came against our bitter divisional rivals, but now we don't have the "going undefeated" monkey on our backs anymore and we can now just focus on getting a playoff bye and working on getting that elusive playoff win. Also, the Falcons need to draft a big-time RB in the first round next season and cut ties with Turner... The man is good north and south, but east and west is a guaranteed loss of yards. Also need to look at getting deep at LB.

My GOD!!! Five picks today??? I can't remember ever watching a game when a qb throws 5....but hey we still won and that's all that matters, I hope Julio can stay on the field a lil better than he's been doing. We need him to be at his best for us to make a real push at this thing

• Moderators

IDK if winning a game like this is a good thing or a bad thing... It's could be a good thing because we did what good teams know how to do - win close games. Win the games when nothing seems to be going right and all of the odds of having 6 TO's and winning the game are against you. Knowing that when the offense isn't firing, we can rely on the D to pick up the slack...but the bad is that this looked very similar to the Raiders game. We should be destroying teams that have issues at the most important position in football, instead it's like the team (especially the O-line) took a vacation and played down to the weaker opponent. NE played Indy today, a far superior team vs. a team with a rookie QB and DESTROYED them. Almost put up a 60 burger on them... This is what the Falcons should be doing!

IDK if winning a game like this is a good thing or a bad thing... It's could be a good thing because we did what good teams know how to do - win close games. Win the games when nothing seems to be going right and all of the odds of having 6 TO's and winning the game are against you. Knowing that when the offense isn't firing, we can rely on the D to pick up the slack... but the bad is that this looked very similar to the Raiders game. We should be destroying teams that have issues at the most important position in football, instead it's like the team (especially the O-line) took a vacation and played down to the weaker opponent. NE played Indy today, a far superior team vs. a team with a rookie QB and DESTROYED them. Almost put up a 60 burger on them... This is what the Falcons should be doing!

Arizona's defense is the real deal. That's the difference between the Colts and Cardinals.

Well we knew this game would be a tough one. Falcons played much better today. Did a very good job of slowing down Martin. Big game for Julio and Quizz played great today. Speaking of which QUIT RUNNING MICHAEL TURNER. Limit Turner to Goaline situations aka make him the new TJ Duckett. Let Snell and Quizz handle the majority of the carries.

I agree totally....turner is useless now. Quizz is getting better game after game

I know I shouldn't care and for the most part I don't. I do find it funny to listen to the so call expert week in and week out regarding the Falcons. So last week it was"Falcons haven't beaten any good teams this year."This week after beating a good team:"Falcons just are not dominating any teams this year."Like I said before. I have never seen an NFL team judge more on style points instead of wins then the Falcons are by the media.

Edited by ThunderHawks
  • Like 1