How bout them Falcons!

jy23

Looked pretty good today...Julio is looking like the beast that everyone is predicting him to be and the defense picked it up a lil bit in the second half although I would like to see a lil more from them in the next game against Peyton

I know the Chiefs were without some key starters for various reasons. That was a very good offense today display by the Falcons. Ryan just looked in complete control. In years past I never saw Ryan look that confident.What a great job by Nolan adjusting at halftime. Chiefs were getting anything they want. Nolan adjusted and the defense was in complete lockdown 2nd half. Chiefs stat padding at the end was the only TD they gave up.

Falcons: No pass defense. No run defense.

That was the first half, and still they were ahead.

Different second half. Defense looked like they

had finally arrived at the game.

Two different games, as far as defense was concerned.

Offense looked good to great all day!

All Atlanta teams won today!! Falcons - Braves - Dream!

Poor Aint's. They lost.

-----------------

The defense definitely looked different in the second half, they were swarming to the ball and just looked more aggressive period. Offense was on point all day, Matty ice looked very much under control in the pocket (unlike last year with the happy feet) and it really looks like all those weapons we have are actually going to perform up to expectations this year. No way to really cover this offense when everyone is playing like they were today. Hoping for big things this year

Great win....I was concerned about the defens in the 1st half but great 2nd half adjustment. Good to see Matt with an awesome game in a hostile environment and outdoors where he has always struggled. He has great command of the offense.

• Moderators

Team definitely seems excited about a new offense. Definitely like to see turner run more draws and screens. If the defense is expecting run then stopping turner nowadays doesn't seem that hard. If he can get to the line of scrimmage untouched though you know he can plow for 5 or more.

The Sapp thing is just crazy, I don't get upset if someone doesn't pick Atlanta, I'm not even offended at Crapp's prediction, it's just that stupid. I don't get NFLN, so I can't see him try to backtrack.Good to see 2 GA teams leave the Show Me State with wins this weekend.

• Moderators

The Sapp thing is just crazy, I don't get upset if someone doesn't pick Atlanta, I'm not even offended at Crapp's prediction, it's just that stupid. I don't get NFLN, so I can't see him try to backtrack.

Good to see 2 GA teams leave the Show Me State with wins this weekend.

Oh come on man, the big media talkheads never pick Atlanta to win... They always trash the Falcons and Hawks...

A good win for the Falcons. Defense played very well tonight. My only complaint is what the hell was up with the ultra conservative offense in the 4th? Falcons only threw the ball a couple of times. Turner can't run the ball like he did in the past. In the process it allowed the Broncos to get back in it. Mike Smith need to quit going ultra conservative in the 4th when he is up by 2 or more TDs. You got 3 lethal weapons at WR and a great TE. Use them and have some trust in your QB. I think he has earn that by now.

Edited by ThunderHawks
  • Like 1

• Moderators

MICHAEL FREAKING TURNER ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? Get ready for the crapstorm... DUI. Wrong any time, but even moreso right now. Are we just snakebit or something? Jeez Louise! ~lw3

Geez i hadn't heard. Well at least he was speeding at some point last night. It sure has hell wasn't in the game. Can Turner catch a screen or what? These up the middle plays he can't break anymore. At least not often enough. The game was an eerie reminder of last year when our offense did just barely enough to win. We still had 10 points after 4 friggin turnovers. A win is a win but come on. They have a lot to work on. Defense should get a day off though.

Geez i hadn't heard. Well at least he was speeding at some point last night. It sure has hell wasn't in the game. Can Turner catch a screen or what? These up the middle plays he can't break anymore. At least not often enough.

Interesting you bring this up. I know it was preseason. The Falcons were running a lot of screen passes for Turner. He was doing a very good job with them. He was catching the ball well and actually able to get some good yards after the catch.

On the good side, I haven't watched all the games, but after two weeks, does William Moore have the inside track for NFL Defensive Player of the Year? ~lw3

If Moore can stay healthy then he will be in that conversation. At worst he should be a Pro Bowler.