• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Time to start the Yahoo NBA fantasy league again

Sothron

• Premium Member

In - I've never played and not sure I fuly understand it. Can someone explain how it works please? Thanks

You have either a head to head league where you have your team that you draft and you play a different person's team each week or you have can a roto league where the overall stats like points, blocks, rebounds etc. are counted and at the end of the year the people with the highest numbers in most categories make the playoffs. In general most people like head to head over roto style. The draft that you do takes place before the regular season ideally as close to it as possible to account for potential preseason injuries. The draft order is randomly selected and the draft rounds are snake style meaning you pick 1-10 for example for 10 teams and the guy who picks 10th then turns around picks first in the second round thus "snaking" back to the first guy who picked. The people with the first and last pick always get to pick twice. There's other ways of doing drafts via auction leagues or keeper leagues but I'm describing what our Hawksquawk league is like. I hope that helps. Fantasy sports is very fun, my wife and I have been doing them for years.

You have either a head to head league where you have your team that you draft and you play a different person's team each week or you have can a roto league where the overall stats like points, blocks, rebounds etc. are counted and at the end of the year the people with the highest numbers in most categories make the playoffs. In general most people like head to head over roto style. The draft that you do takes place before the regular season ideally as close to it as possible to account for potential preseason injuries. The draft order is randomly selected and the draft rounds are snake style meaning you pick 1-10 for example for 10 teams and the guy who picks 10th then turns around picks first in the second round thus "snaking" back to the first guy who picked. The people with the first and last pick always get to pick twice. There's other ways of doing drafts via auction leagues or keeper leagues but I'm describing what our Hawksquawk league is like. I hope that helps. Fantasy sports is very fun, my wife and I have been doing them for years.

Thanks, OK I did play in the Summer Fantasy draft but we didn't do anthing after all the selections so I was just wondering how do you determine who has the best team.

• Premium Member

Thanks, OK I did play in the Summer Fantasy draft but we didn't do anthing after all the selections so I was just wondering how do you determine who has the best team.

I'm not sure what you mean by the best team? You have a regular season and the last few weeks of the actual NBA regular season are the playoffs for fantasy reasons. Who makes the playoffs is determined by how the teams did in the regular season. So using our head to head format if you win more weeks than you lose you will make the playoffs.

• 2 weeks later...