• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Shaq sees Josh Smith adding atleast 4 points to his ppg this season...Do you agree?

JTB

Shaq says smith will add atleast 4 ppg and he mentioned that smith sometimes have that killer instinct and wonders if he can keep that going now that he will be looked as the "star" on this team. But back to the adding 4 pts to smith's ppg average....how capable or consistent do you think smith will be when it comes to scoring?.....smith would go from 18.8 to 22.8 points a game if shaq is right...But here's where I am at if smith can drop 22 I think he can average 25 realistically no problem but williams will get a higher average on this team too unless teague steps up and horford is given good looks. But I say smith drops 25 this year regardless of other players!....25 a game, Im sticking with that! this 25 from smith would be way better than how johnson use to get his 20 points a game cause i dont see smith stopping the ball flow like johnson and he will still get his 25. http://hangtime.blog...s-new-pressure/

Edited by JTB

25 a game? I love your boldness JTB but NO!If this was virtually the same team from last year I would stick with a safe 17ppg. But seeing as Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams are no longer here things will be different.Josh smith(along with AL) HAVE to step up not only as a leader but as a prime offensive weapon. Plus it's a CONTRACT YEAR! I'll be surprise if he average just 18 unless he giving us 6 assists. since we will play uptempo I'll go 21ppg for the 2012-2013 season.

The only way Josh Smith averages 25 ppg, is if Horford, Williams AND Teague go down with major injuries, which would enable Josh to jack up a ton of shots ( 21+ shots per game )Reasons why Josh won't average 25 ppg ( or even 22 ppg )- too many decent players on the team who can score- doesn't shoot AND make enough free throws- doesn't shoot and make a high volume AND percentage from 3 point range.Only 4 players in the league last year averaged 25+ ppg:- Kobe- Durant- Lebron- LoveAll of those guys made almost 7 FTs per game and shot at least 76% from the line. Smith has never done either of these things.One thing is for sure, Josh can't play the way he's played in the previous 8 years, and expect to average 22 ppg, let alone 25 ppg.

Edited by northcyde

• Premium Member

... i wonder how many more bad jumpers he would take in order to have 4 more points a game. He could have done this before had he sticked with what he can do, so you never know. Playing fulltime in the paint, he ´could easily give us 20+. Now that's a frustrating player.

He will take enough shots to average 20+ points but he will not average 20+ points. I think he will take 18-22 shots a game and will not even shoot 50%. Shooting less than 50% is not good for a PF unless you are making 3's to up your true shooting percentage. His poor shooting % is one reason why I think Kevin Love is overrated.

• Moderators

Someone has got to make up the near 30 ppg from the starting lineup that DF cleared out in his dealings. The guys that DF brought in will more than cover the spread though... Lou (15 ppg), Korver (8 ppg), and Deshawn (8 ppg) will get theirs. Horford will add a point or two and so will Teague... The rest will average their average. I am thinking less is more with Smoove. If he could get his normal 17-18 ppg and allow others to get theirs, I think we'll be all right. We'll average 90+ ppg this season.

<p>Josh Smith is not a smart enough playmaker to average 5.5 assists a game without it hurting you. Teams will get up on him when he is trying to pass and he will throw it away and blame it on everyone else. He also has no handles.

Edited by MrMeltdown

I think it's definitely possible although I believe he will get to about 21ppg maybe a bit less. His all around game is what we need, I think his above average passing will be noticed more now that Iso Joe is gone. Josh knows this is his year to show the League that he can be a #1 guy.

Josh is not a #1 guy he is too flawed and limited offensively to be a #1 guy plus he is too demonstrative towards teammates. The guy will alienate all of his teammates before the year ends if that type of pressure is put on him.