• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Your 2012 Atlanta Hawks!

Wurider05

we have all of these shooters but absolutely no post game from anyone. For all of you Danny Ferry is god folks how many games do you think we are going to win? We have no one on this team that warrants a double team so what good are perimeter players when they will never be open. Its like this team was built for a dominate post player who can kick out to the perimeter but we don't have that player on this roster. I love my Hawks but this is going to be a long season.Maybe they do the in and out with Horford?

Josh and Zaza will have to operate deep into the paint more than occasionally. Al at 12-15 feet is fine, cause he can fill it up there. What we do also have is three guards particularly Harris and Lou, get to the rim at will which creates "and 1's" and "kick outs" to Al, Kyle, Morrow and such.This is what we have. I don't see any post help available to change this.

• Moderators

How is this different than the last 3 years when we managed to win a lot of games? Sure Joe could draw a double but that usually resulted in disaster for our offense when he did. Other than that all i see is a lot of guys who can shoot and penetrate. I think the offense will gel. Its perimeter defense and rebounding i'm worried about.

• Like 1

• Moderators

How is this different than the last 3 years when we managed to win a lot of games? Sure Joe could draw a double but that usually resulted in disaster for our offense when he did. Other than that all i see is a lot of guys who can shoot and penetrate. I think the offense will gel. Its perimeter defense and rebounding i'm worried about.

I was going to say the same thing... We haven't had a post game since Joe showed up. I think once this team has more time to build chemistry, we will be okay. Horford plays well around the rim and Smoove has been showing in the preseason that he is trying to get in the paint. I am predicting somewhere around 47-35 for the season which is still good enough for second in the SE division and a 6th seed in the East.

Morrow, Zaza and a first (maybe Houstons) might greatly change this. Availability is thin for Cs , but if we're not too picky and really want to improve post and rebounding,; there are ways.

Trade the only true center we have for a center? Well we would be in the same situation. No to moving Zaza, add to Zaza's position. I do not believe this organization will invest more this season. If so we would already have gotten another center. Three franchise centers will be available in the summer, then they will shop.
  • Like 1

Trade the only true center we have for a center? Well we would be in the same situation. No to moving Zaza, add to Zaza's position. I do not believe this organization will invest more this season. If so we would already have gotten another center. Three franchise centers will be available in the summer, then they will shop.

3 Franchise centers are about the only worthwhile centers in this league now of days. If Horford would embrace his role like Bosh and Garnett he would definitely be one of the top centers in this league now of days.

Fans certainly need to have the right expectations going into this season. If this team can make the playoffs then the year should be considered a success.Moving beyond this year, it all depends on moves they make and how quickly Ferry can create an environment that identifies and develops talent.

When did fans having the right expectations ever become a prerequisite for being a fan? No-one in the Hawks front office has come out and said anything suggesting that they think they took a step back so I don't know why I am supposed to lower my expectations. We all know this is team cap space but I bet the front office will not admit that. They are trying to sell tickets to a exciting group with high expectations like every other franchise.

Edited by MrMeltdown

When did fans having the right expectations ever become a prerequisite for being a fan? No-one in the Hawks front office has come out and said anything suggesting that they think they took a step back so I don't know why I am supposed to lower my expectations. We all know this is team cap space but I bet the front office will not admit that. They are trying to sell tickets to a exciting group with high expectations like every other franchise.

Prerequisite? What are you talking about.

He said have the right expectations from the team as fan. Said nothing about being a fan or not.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Prerequisite? What are you talking about.

He said have the right expectations from the team as fan. Said nothing about being a fan or not.

Why do fans need to have the right expectations? How is that going to make a fan better? A fan that can admit that this is team cap space like myself may not care as much as usual like I do. Now how is that going to help the Hawks? How is it going to help the fan?

Just like I said, the Hawks are not going to come out and say that they are team cap space. They are going to try and first sell tickets at full price just like every other franchise.

How exactly is having the right expectations helping anyone?

Why do fans need to have the right expectations? How is that going to make a fan better? A fan that can admit that this is team cap space like myself may not care as much as usual like I do. Now how is that going to help the Hawks? How is it going to help the fan? Just like I said, the Hawks are not going to come out and say that they are team cap space. They are going to try and first sell tickets at full price just like every other franchise. How exactly is having the right expectations helping anyone?

So you suppose to have a correct formula of "Fandom"? What are you smoking? Fans will always be as diverse as the spectrum the rainbow. Are you kidding?

Why do fans need to have the right expectations? How is that going to make a fan better? A fan that can admit that this is team cap space like myself may not care as much as usual like I do. Now how is that going to help the Hawks? How is it going to help the fan? Just like I said, the Hawks are not going to come out and say that they are team cap space. They are going to try and first sell tickets at full price just like every other franchise. How exactly is having the right expectations helping anyone?

There you go off on a tangent. there is no PREREQUISITE for being a fan, you either are or you are not. Everyone will have a certain expectation in terms of wins/losses/developing the young guys etc. based on the product that is on the floor. If you need to hear the Hawks say they are a "cap space team" keep waiting...open your ears and listen to what is being said and stop worrying about what isn't being said. Buy a ticket, don't buy a ticket, watch don't watch is all on you to determine the kind of FAN you want to be.