• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Drew and Horford have a lot to prove Sunday

willthepureshooter

Watching the game last night was very painful for all of us. We saw a coach that looked overwhelmed and unorganized. We saw an "Allstar" that buried himself in the sand once he took a look at Omar Asik. Now, we all noticed the lack of chemistry between the players. And that's totally naturally with a new look team. But! The rotations fall on the hands of coach Drew and he blew it last night. Korver is one of the best long range shooters in the league, but he is a defensive liability. We all knew that, and hell even his former coach Thibadeu! So why does Drew continue to try and defy the laws of nature? Beats me!! And to have the audacity to give Tolliver 15 minutes of playing time over Ivan and Scott was horrible. I wonder if Ferry talked with him last night because the lineups made no sense. As a coach you play to your strengths and force the other team to make adjustments. Every coach in the NBA knows we're under-sized! Heck, they have our roster and have figured the different combinations we could do! So why wait to release the starting lineup on gameday? I think Drew was buying himself the time to put together a lineup. Terrible team management if you ask me... And no John Jenkins? This kid can shoot grapes into a miller lite bottle.. I have so many questions for that sad game plan last night that I should email Charles Barkley!Now Horfords performance or lack-thereof, only proves my point on his lack of heart. No leadership at all from him. He even played power forward and didn't make much of an impact. But no more Horford bashing from me.. He's untouchable in the eyes of some of the squawkers here. Oh well, maybe he's still sore from the old injury I guess.

• Like 1

of corse i wondered where jenkins was my self b/c you are definatly not going to give him confidense hidding on the bench. at least should have put him out their & gave him 3 shots just t o see if he had it.this makes it a waist of draft pick they should have went ahead & drafted some size. but it seems like ferry has this idea that he is not putting anybody on his team that does not give you a clue that hey can shoot the ball, which is why he let damion james go.

He vacillated between not having the ball even be on the same side of the court as him (which is on Drew) to having the ball and not knowing what to do with it (which is on Al). I'm not concerned about the rebounding because half the time he was out on the perimeter for some reason or another. Either it's the coverages or he just needs to be more selective with his help.

He vacillated between not having the ball even be on the same side of the court as him (which is on Drew) to having the ball and not knowing what to do with it (which is on Al). I'm not concerned about the rebounding because half the time he was out on the perimeter for some reason or another. Either it's the coverages or he just needs to be more selective with his help.

Whatever LD had them doing defensively sucked, too many times the bigs were like you said out on the perimeter help defending the guards and were not in position to defend. Horf was not memorable and Josh was too memorable for all the wrong reasons.

• Premium Member

Jody23 this thread has nothing to do with Smoove. You're missing the point. Horford made no impact in last night's game. As a leader and Allstar, I expect much more than 10pts and 5rebs in 36 minutes of playing time. Hell, Ivan coulda done better than that in 19 minutes of play.

He actually had 14 pts. That aside, I don't think I'm missing anything. No one is disputing that Horf didn't have a great game. But, to single him out as not having any leadership while not even mentioning how bad Josh was (who is CLEARLY being proclaimed the leader) shows everything I need to see about your post.

• Premium Member

Jody23 this thread has nothing to do with Smoove. You're missing the point. Horford made no impact in last night's game. As a leader and Allstar, I expect much more than 10pts and 5rebs in 36 minutes of playing time. Hell, Ivan coulda done better than that in 19 minutes of play.

uh? 14 points for 10 FGA is bad? Rebounding against a much taller guy is hard. Couldn't expect him to do much better last night. Except of course, had he had some more touches, maybe he would go for 20+. In less than 21 shots, of course.

I came into this thread thinking it was going to be about how Al and LD have a chance to show they can maintain the team without Josh Smith's production. Didn't realize it was going to be about how they both performed so terribly last night. Silly me.I agree that LD's decision-making seemed suspect, but like TheFuzz said earlier in this thread, it's just one game. Personally I'm going to withhold judgment until I see the team play a few more games together. Anything can happen in one game in the NBA.

I don't think one game can prove that much. Contrarily, last year Jeff, Josh, and Zaza were the 3 best players as we beat OKC with Harden at home. No Joe or Al, neither even played.The biggest thing I get from this is how I am tired of Josh and Al. I am becoming more and more bitter with Al as I have always been less than in love with Josh. I am seeing a trend. Josh will sit out everytime any little thing pops up as he gets closer to getting another payday and sees that this team is not going anywhere. He did the same thing in the playoffs last year. Who sits out a game in the playoffs as a precautionary measure? You are suppose to be throwing caution to the wind in the playoffs. Al sit out games last year in the playoffs that he could have also played. Both of these guys are clearly showing you that they are not all in with this team because they know we are not going anywhere.

Edited by MrMeltdown

• Premium Member

How bad josh was? you josh haters and al horford apologists are still at it huh? Josh did not lose us the game. Period.

Um, I don't believe anyone in this thread said lost the game. He didn't. However, he didn't play well either. Josh is widely proclaimed the leader of the team. The original poster singled out Horford for lack of leadership in the loss but totally omitted any mention of Josh's subpar game or lack of leadership. I called that out. It's not hate, it's called keeping it real.

Um, I don't believe anyone in this thread said lost the game. He didn't. However, he didn't play well either. Josh is widely proclaimed the leader of the team. The original poster singled out Horford for lack of leadership in the loss but totally omitted any mention of Josh's subpar game or lack of leadership. I called that out. It's not hate, it's called keeping it real.

18pts 10rebs 3blks on 43% from the field isnt that bad.