• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

hawkrule152

• Premium Member

I'm sure by close you mean tie the game.

I meant keepning momentum, keeping the teams confidence up. I didn't expect him to make both, he is a horrible FT shooter, making one or two does keep the game close. Having a three point lead, being behind by three and even being tied up is a close game. The minutes remaining in the game really determine it all, but even though you tie it up with a few minutes left, the other team technically has the first shot to regain the lead. Beyond that, just making a shot makes you feel like your last possession was a success. When you come up empty like he did you just waste a possession and deflate the teams moral.

• Premium Member

It's not a hope that maybe Josh plays better. Not for me. Bye Bye Josh. I've seen all I want to see of you and your game. Take it somewhere else. Please. I don't care if he gets 30/15/10 the night game. His career here should be over.

When Josh is great, we all love the type of game he plays. He moves the ball around, he gets rebounds, he plays in the paint, doesn't take threes, and even makes his jumpers around the free throw line. I love that Josh. When he shows up, he has always been our best player. Hotlanta is usually pretty negative, but he is 100% right here. What are we wating on? Midrange Shawty? If he considers the halfcourt his range, then i guess he has always been midrange shawty. He has been trying to go inside some, but it seems each possession has been a ball fumbled in the paint. I don't wan't him shooting those jumpers, but please, if that is your inside game..don't keep doing it.

• Premium Member

I meant keepning momentum, keeping the teams confidence up. I didn't expect him to make both, he is a horrible FT shooter, making one or two does keep the game close. Having a three point lead, being behind by three and even being tied up is a close game. The minutes remaining in the game really determine it all, but even though you tie it up with a few minutes left, the other team technically has the first shot to regain the lead. Beyond that, just making a shot makes you feel like your last possession was a success. When you come up empty like he did you just waste a possession and deflate the teams moral.

Josh deflates the team's morale everytime he launches a brick. He is by far the most frustrating player I have ever seen. Coulda shoulda woulda be much more than this. Edited by BrazilianHawk

• Premium Member

Josh deflates the team's morale everytime he launches a brick. He is by far the most frustrating player I have ever seen. Coulda shoulda woulda be much more than this.

Our best offensive game was when he didn't play. We actually got to see some good team offense that game.

Josh deflates the team's morale everytime he launches a brick. He is by far the most frustrating player I have ever seen. Coulda shoulda woulda be much more than this.

You sure about that? He definitely deflates every FAN'S morale when he launches up those 17-footers, but what proof do you have that the team is taking it the same way?

• Premium Member

You could be right. But think about it. All the guys trying to play as a team and one all-star wannabe trying to showcase himself. And failing miserably. How would you feel? Players are people as well, I'm sure they do get frustrated every now and then.

Edited by BrazilianHawk

Teague was having arguably the best game of his career and we put the ball in Josh's hands at the end? Drew has to make a point as the coach for Teague and Horford to stop being so passive. They're our most reliable scorers and they took less shots combined than Josh who couldn't hit water from a boat tonight. That's inexcusable.

• Premium Member

Teague was having arguably the best game of his career and we put the ball in Josh's hands at the end? Drew has to make a point as the coach for Teague and Horford to stop being so passive. They're our most reliable scorers and they took less shots combined than Josh who couldn't hit water from a boat tonight. That's inexcusable.

I don't know how some of you guys can watch these games and think the other players are at fault. How many times have we seen Josh yell and scream and pout at his own teammates over the years? You don't think Josh knows the owners and Ferry are going out of their way to sell him as THE MAN? Jeff and Al don't get the ball or the shots because we have this three year old trapped in a 26 year old body that thinks everything is about him. The best game we've played all season is the one Josh didn't play in so far. It is time to get rid of Josh.

You can't put all of the blame onto one player. Josh was obviously the biggest culprit tonight and plenty of other nights, but everyone has the power to call for the basketball and take shots. And Drew calls the plays and controls the rotations. Everyone has to take some responsibility. It's also silly to think the only reason Horford and Teague aren't more aggressive is because they're scared Josh is going to yell at them. If that was the case then they'd seriously need to grow a backbone.

So many great posts here and it's hard to find even one

that is wrong. All the fans here seem to be in agreement.

Yet, with all this, Hawks were "right there" until the very

last few minutes of the game.

Josh trying to be "the man" and couldn't. The King being

his taunting, bully self. He's great, but - - - . The Hawk fans

trying to drown out the "Go Heat" yells from the audience.

The Refs swallowing their whistle. The push in the back of

a Hawk that was called a foul - - - On the Hawks! Wow!

Hawk fans never agree. Yet, on this very lengthy post, they do.

Sunday afternoon, the Falcon's game will still be going against

the Aints when the Hawks game begins.

GO FALCONS AND HAWKS!!

• Premium Member

I don't know how some of you guys can watch these games and think the other players are at fault. How many times have we seen Josh yell and scream and pout at his own teammates over the years? You don't think Josh knows the owners and Ferry are going out of their way to sell him as THE MAN? Jeff and Al don't get the ball or the shots because we have this three year old trapped in a 26 year old body that thinks everything is about him. The best game we've played all season is the one Josh didn't play in so far. It is time to get rid of Josh.

Plus when Miami made their push late in the 3rd quarter and 5 minutes into the 4th, Teague wasn't even in the game!