• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Looking Forward

Jody23

• Premium Member

Went to the game last night and was impressed with the effort from the team on the second night of a back-to-back. Yes, it's a long season and there will be ups and downs, but you have to wonder what happens IF Teague continues to progress the way he has. Many of us have expected Ferry to swing for the fences in free agency and make offers to the big names. But, if Teague continues this kind of play, it could make an already interesting offseason much more interesting.

• Premium Member

If Teague continues to improve on his good play, he will make our potential shopping spree much easier. If he can become a legit PG (which I think he can be, but he needs to prove it for 82 game) it will be easier to swallow CP3 saying no.We can then focus on a Center, front court depth, a legit starting three and add some size in our backcourt. We will still have the Josh Smith issue, but if Teague can lock down the starting PG spot, we will be ahead of where we were when Ferry cleared that cap space.

• Premium Member

If Teague continues to improve on his good play, he will make our potential shopping spree much easier. If he can become a legit PG (which I think he can be, but he needs to prove it for 82 game) it will be easier to swallow CP3 saying no. We can then focus on a Center, front court depth, a legit starting three and add some size in our backcourt. We will still have the Josh Smith issue, but if Teague can lock down the starting PG spot, we will be ahead of where we were when Ferry cleared that cap space.

What does Teague have to do to get some love from this fan base and LD?

• Premium Member

If Teague continues to improve on his good play, he will make our potential shopping spree much easier. If he can become a legit PG (which I think he can be, but he needs to prove it for 82 game) it will be easier to swallow CP3 saying no. We can then focus on a Center, front court depth, a legit starting three and add some size in our backcourt. We will still have the Josh Smith issue, but if Teague can lock down the starting PG spot, we will be ahead of where we were when Ferry cleared that cap space.

But if Teague proves legit at point, do the Hawks even go after CP3?
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

We really don't need CP3. Don't really see him as a significant upgrade if you take salary into consideration. Heck other than Teague's inexperience which resulted in a a lot of CP3's steals, Jeff pretty much dominated him Saturday night. In the past I wanted the Hawks to pick up Al Jefferson if they can get Howard but I'm not so sure anymore watching Zaza play this year. Our front court is the primary reason our defensive ranking are so good along with Korver who is a master at be a help defender that screws up the rhythm of the post player with his sneak attacks. Korver is also smart and hustles to make sure the defensive boards are secured. So lets see what happens with this team 1st before we go on this so called shopping spree! This group is developing a lot of chemistry.

• Like 1

• Moderators

We've had a pretty easy schedule so far and the Clips have some problems. While i've been high on the hawks since the pre-season I also see where we'll have a hard time stopping the Celts, Heat, Spurs, Knicks, and Memphis who have power down low and quick guards who can score. Griffin is still raw. Stopping him isn't as hard as Bosh, Melo, Garnett,I love our group but i think we have to do something mid season to give us that boost for the playoffs, not to mention the boost for the future.

• Premium Member

We've had a pretty easy schedule so far and the Clips have some problems. While i've been high on the hawks since the pre-season I also see where we'll have a hard time stopping the Celts, Heat, Spurs, Knicks, and Memphis who have power down low and quick guards who can score. Griffin is still raw. Stopping him isn't as hard as Bosh, Melo, Garnett, I love our group but i think we have to do something mid season to give us that boost for the playoffs, not to mention the boost for the future.

Our record would be even better had it not be for some real bone headed substitutions by LD earlier in the season. We definitely should have beaten Miami and Golden state. But my only point is to give the current team at least another couple of weeks when the chemistry has been firmly established and everyone knows their role. After a month it should be easier to evaluate what you have and what you might need in the future.

Teague and Lou are dynamic. We are satisfied at the point.But look, the LA experiment is not going well. LA ain't gellin and Dwight will not sign an extension during the season.I say offer Dwight the max, Josh not quite max and go after Toney Allen and Chandler Parsons. Oh, Zaza and DeShawn are keepers. Korver too if the price is right.

• Premium Member

Teague and Lou are dynamic. We are satisfied at the point. But look, the LA experiment is not going well. LA ain't gellin and Dwight will not sign an extension during the season. I say offer Dwight the max, Josh not quite max and go after Toney Allen and Chandler Parsons. Oh, Zaza and DeShawn are keepers. Korver too if the price is right.

we can't afford all of those players! LOL!

• Moderators

I"m wondering that too. spend the money on a real scorer. Who I don't know. CP3 would at least be an attendance draw but I'm doubting it comes here anyway.

My question exactly. If Teague continues to develop in the PG he is showing he can be, then what would be the point of going after a smaller, older, more expensive Chris Paul when you can get a younger Jeff for less? There would be NO acclimation period for Jeff as he already knows the Hawks. Jeff is our PG for the future.
  • Like 1

• Moderators

we can't afford all of those players! LOL!

Dwight, Josh, and Korver with Teague are the ones DF wants. DF is building for the future, so Stevenson, Tolliver, Harris, etc. is gone after this season. Maybe Morrow too... I believe Korver and Pachulia will sign team-favorable contracts and Josh will take a discount to play with Dwight. Dwight will be our max guy and that is IF he wants to come and play here... C - Howard PF - Horford SF - Smith SG - Korver PG - Teague G - Williams F/C - Johnson C - Pachulia F - Scott SG - Jenkins Cheap FA pickup Cheap FA pickup First round pick

• Premium Member

Dwight, Josh, and Korver with Teague are the ones DF wants. DF is building for the future, so Stevenson, Tolliver, Harris, etc. is gone after this season. Maybe Morrow too... I believe Korver and Pachulia will sign team-favorable contracts and Josh will take a discount to play with Dwight. Dwight will be our max guy and that is IF he wants to come and play here... C - Howard PF - Horford SF - Smith SG - Korver PG - Teague G - Williams F/C - Johnson C - Pachulia F - Scott SG - Jenkins Cheap FA pickup Cheap FA pickup First round pick

If that happens and Howard has any input (he would), Morrow would be back. I think Morrow is a good fit with a guard like Teague. Morrow is a knock down shooter who spreads the floor for Teague to drive and at the same time doesn't dominate the ball.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

My question exactly. If Teague continues to develop in the PG he is showing he can be, then what would be the point of going after a smaller, older, more expensive Chris Paul when you can get a younger Jeff for less? There would be NO acclimation period for Jeff as he already knows the Hawks. Jeff is our PG for the future.

Something that hasn't been mentioned is the apparent mutual respect between Paul and Teague as they are both former Wake Forest guards. This is a moot point if Jeff's play isn't legit, but if it is...it may make it harder for CP3 to consider Atlanta if Teague is still there. I know, I know, it's a business. Just sayin' though.

The point would be if we realistically want to get Dwight. I don't see Teague intriguing Dwight to come here more than CP3. And, as great as Teague has been playing I don't see him leading a team (telling players what to do/where to go) like a CP3. Edited by GameTime

• Premium Member

The point would be if we realistically want to get Dwight. I don't see Teague intriguing Dwight to come here more than CP3. And, as great as Teague has been playing I don't see him leading a team (telling players what to do/where to go) like a CP3.

Howard and CP3 ain't happening here! $40 million in Salary for 2 players just isn't going to happen here sorry. Add Horford's $12 million and you have $52 million invested in 3 players and the cap is around $58 million. I know y'all like to dream but get real.

If we dont get cp3 and i will be happy with teague cause he is developing into an all star guard and he will be way cheaper to keep then spending5/100 mil on cp3 but......If you have the opportunity to get cp3 you DO IT because you never turn down the opportunity to get a player of his caliber and dont underestimate how much more attractive atlanta will be to potential free agents and the more fans/national media attention we will get.

• Premium Member

If you have the opportunity to get cp3 you DO IT because you never turn down the opportunity to get a player of his caliber and dont underestimate how much more attractive atlanta will be to potential free agents and the more fans/national media attention we will get.

I'm not so sure about this because what free agents of note went to LA and don't say Kenyon Martin. Plus you are spending your money unwisely because our point guard position is an area of strength not a weakness. The Money would be better spent n a position where we don't have a potential all star and a 6 man of the year candidate.