• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Derrick Williams?

modawgatl18

Is he available? Saw a espn insider link 5 potential landing spots i think i dont have insider just wondering if anyones seen it?

Derrick Williams is apparently unhappy in Minnesota. He is 21 years old with a lot of potential.

The Lakers have shown some interest, and local radio in Minneapolis reported Williams' agent has said Williams wants OUT of Minnesota.

Gasol is unhappy with the new Lakers' coach and may want out as well.

And Atlanta may be poised for a deal to move Josh Smith on his way. Derrick Williams is 6'8, 240, but his offensive skillset is better than Josh. Williams' ability to put the ball on the floor is an asset.

Josh had a good run in Atlanta, but Williams provides a true small forward who can create offense more easily and provide more explosive plays in either the full court or half-court offense.

Someone floated a three-way trade scenario:

Minnesota gets Gasol and Ebanks Atlanta gets Derrick Williams, Pekovic, and Barea Lakers get Josh Smith and Kyle Korver

He has a ton of potential without a doubt. He struggles at the free throw line and can't finish at the rack. He had that monster game against Duke in the tournament that sprung his draft stock. I will pass.

He has a ton of potential without a doubt. He struggles at the free throw line and can't finish at the rack. He had that monster game against Duke in the tournament that sprung his draft stock. I will pass.

obviously doesn't know who Derrick Williams is lol

Not Marvin Williams, Derrick Williams... For Josh Smith and Korver no thanks unless we get their lotto pick this year. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  • Like 1

Not Marvin Williams, Derrick Williams... For Josh Smith and Korver no thanks unless we get their lotto pick this year.Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know if he was quoting or making it up himself but did Hawks21 say Williams, Pekovic, and Barea? Why would you quibble over a mid to late 1st rounder with that package?

Edited by MaceCase

• Premium Member

Derrick Williams is apparently unhappy in Minnesota. He is 21 years old with a lot of potential. The Lakers have shown some interest, and local radio in Minneapolis reported Williams' agent has said Williams wants OUT of Minnesota. Gasol is unhappy with the new Lakers' coach and may want out as well. And Atlanta may be poised for a deal to move Josh Smith on his way. Derrick Williams is 6'8, 240, but his offensive skillset is better than Josh. Williams' ability to put the ball on the floor is an asset. Josh had a good run in Atlanta, but Williams provides a true small forward who can create offense more easily and provide more explosive plays in either the full court or half-court offense. Someone floated a three-way trade scenario: Minnesota gets Gasol and Ebanks Atlanta gets Derrick Williams, Pekovic, and Barea Lakers get Josh Smith and Kyle Korver

Did I miss something? Last I heard, the Hawks aren't even remotely entertaining trading Josh Smith.

Did I miss something? Last I heard, the Hawks aren't even remotely entertaining trading Josh Smith.

If we were though, this is what I would be putting out there at this stage if I was Ferry. Obviously he has an idea of what Josh will be demanding and knows what he thinks he is worth. This is his way of building value in his biggest asset. Gotta be crazy to think he is not considering trading him. If this trade was real, I believe he would have to take it.

If we were though, this is what I would be putting out there at this stage if I was Ferry. Obviously he has an idea of what Josh will be demanding and knows what he thinks he is worth. This is his way of building value in his biggest asset. Gotta be crazy to think he is not considering trading him. If this trade was real, I believe he would have to take it.

seriously?

Not a Smith lover but you are insane if you think Ferry will get rid of smith a maybe sure all star for a player that isnt even proven. Also lets consider this....

Derrick Williams has not shown the defense abilities of josh smith thus far in his career! Its not all about offense, yes derrick is the better offensive player but not defensive.

Also lets consider this...

Chemistry! This team has a great chemistry and it starts with Smith. Smith loves this hawks team and he has been playing great so far besides this last warriors game

Josh Smith defense and chemistry on this team is BIG HUGE DEAL....dont ignore that part of what smith brings to the this hawks team!

just saying most only want this trade because of offense and that just isnt good enough. we have scorers....horford, lou, harris, korver, morrow, teague....they all score in their own way. we dont need help scoring and thats all derrick williams gives us

• Like 3

Derrick Williams is apparently unhappy in Minnesota. He is 21 years old with a lot of potential.

The Lakers have shown some interest, and local radio in Minneapolis reported Williams' agent has said Williams wants OUT of Minnesota.

Gasol is unhappy with the new Lakers' coach and may want out as well.

And Atlanta may be poised for a deal to move Josh Smith on his way. Derrick Williams is 6'8, 240, but his offensive skillset is better than Josh. Williams' ability to put the ball on the floor is an asset.

Josh had a good run in Atlanta, but Williams provides a true small forward who can create offense more easily and provide more explosive plays in either the full court or half-court offense.

Someone floated a three-way trade scenario:

Minnesota gets Gasol and Ebanks Atlanta gets Derrick Williams, Pekovic, and Barea Lakers get Josh Smith and Kyle Korver

why would we make LA better so they can run the nba for the next 3 or 4 years! This is stupid! We are 14-7 sitting 3rd in the east and smith still gets disrespeted allong with the rest of this team.....amazing!

• Like 2

• Premium Member

If the talk were coming from just Ferry, I would believe the "building value" theory. But since the talk is coming from both Ferry and Josh, I take it at face value. Josh says he and Ferry have an understanding and Ferry doesn't strike me as a guy who would lie or deliberately mislead Josh about his intentions. Not making a judgement call one way or the other. Just stating facts. It looks like the Hawks will be re-signing Josh.

Too much going our way and we haven't reached our ceiling don't see us making a trade

exactly why would ferry take a chance and kill this teams chemistry!

1.Josh is 27 if we signed him for a 5 year max contract, he will be 32 by the end of it. Thats not that bad and Ferry isnt giving josh some ridicoulous Joe Johnson contract so thats nothing to worry about. Im sure smith will get what he is worth.

2. This team is fairly young! with the exception of stevenson and harris but harris plays just as fast as he did when he was younger so really its only one old guy on this team. (korver is old but as you can see the old nba players seem to always keep their shot, for that reason we should always look to keep korver)

3. We are 3rd in the EAST with an 14-7 record! Why the F*** would Ferry even think to trade Smith! Smith and Horford has much to do with that 14-7 record!...its not always about talent people!