• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Looks like Smoove could be making the All-Star team.

ATLscrubLove

• Premium Member

According to Chris Vivlamore, Hawks beat writer, Josh Smith is still 8th in voting in the Eastern Conference with a total of 111,260 votes. Finally Smoove may get some recognition...

Those are fan votes. Remember, the top three vote getters among the front court players are the starters. So, Smoove will have to be voted in by the coaches.

As much as I am a fan of Josh he won't make it. Too many coaches(and fans) are stuck on his jumpshooting like he don't do A LOT more good than bad. They'll say "he shot a few bad jumpers in that game" so what?. They are too nit picky with him unlike other all stars. they still think Smith has a attitude problem like it's 2008. He'll go down as the best basketball player in histrory to not make an all star team.

Those are fan votes. Remember, the top three vote getters among the front court players are the starters. So, Smoove will have to be voted in by the coaches.

Coaches will vote him in for sure. They love when he shoots jumpers.

• Like 2

As much as I am a fan of Josh he won't make it. Too many coaches(and fans) are stuck on his jumpshooting like he don't do A LOT more good than bad. They'll say "he shot a few bad jumpers in that game" so what?. They are too nit picky with him unlike other all stars. they still think Smith has a attitude problem like it's 2008. He'll go down as the best basketball player in histrory to not make an all star team.

He shoots bad jumpers at possibly the worst times of the game. That's why people keep talk about his jumpshooting.

Right now, the leading vote getters are Lebron, Melo, and KG. Out of that group, obviously KG shouldn't be in there. But if he is, that causes major problems. Because here's the reality.At the most, the coaches will name 4 reserve frontline players to the All-Star Game.- Chris Bosh is a LOCK to make it. He plays on the league's highest profile team, and is the glue of that team.- Paul Pierce is a LOCK to make it. He's having a pretty good season, despite Boston struggling as a team.That's 5 frontcourt players. 2 spots left out of these guys- Josh Smith- Al Horford- Tyson Chandler- Joakim Noah- Anderson VarejaoIf KG wasn't in that top 3 vote, you could argue that all 5 of these guys could make it over KG. But because Garnett is so popular, he's going to knock one of these guys out, along with 2 who wouldn't have made it anyway.Maybe the coaches only name 4 guard and take 8 frontline people ( 3 SF's and 5 F/C ). If that happens, Smith and/or Horford may get in. Because the only guards that deserve to go as of right now, are these guys- Dwyane Wade ( top vote getter amongst guards )- Rajon Rondo ( 2nd )- Kyrie Irving- Jrue HollidayIf JJ or Deron have a strong January, maybe one of them could sneak in this group and knock one of them out, or be added to this group as the 5th guard.But as for Josh Smith making the All-Star team, the vote could very well come down to Josh vs Al.Who do the coaches take then?

Looks like the starting lineup in the east is gonna be Garnett, James, Melo, Wade and Rondo.

Bosh and Pierce are locks. That's leave 5 spots. I believe Noah will get a spot. I believe Jrue Holiday will get a spot.

That leaves 3 spots. Will Verejao and/or Irving get a spot despite the cavs being horrible? Deron Williams made it last year despite the Nets being horrific. Joe Johnson seems to get in off of reputation. What about Deng? Will Al Horford make it over Smith despite being the 2nd best player on this team? So many questions.

Celtics will have 3 all stars and the Cavs may get one in.

I hope smith makes it but I doubt he will. Hope I'm wrong.

It's crazy to think that all these players will most likely get into the All Star game when they do not deserve it. There should be no fan voting because it's a complete joke. I always wonder why Josh is always in the top 10 for MVP voting, but gets left off the roster every year. He's in the top 10 MVP voting, but yet, coaches choose other players because of... why? Shot selection, maybe? Why are they so concerned about shot selection anyways when the All Star Game is a joke now, and when Josh can pretty much do it all. Fans voting for old washed up vets, the game is like going to the Harlem Globetrotters game to watch people dunk, and the game means nothing at all to the NBA season. I could understand if the game actually meant something to the players & coaches like it used to back in the day where players took pride being in the game.

smith with make it. We are the 3rd seed (currently). Which almost guarantee us atleast 1 all star whether they like it or not. No way AL Horford makes the all star game over smith. The only reason he did the last few times because he played center. Roy hibbert made it because he was a center last year and he averaged a pathetic 13 and 8.

It's crazy to think that all these players will most likely get into the All Star game when they do not deserve it. There should be no fan voting because it's a complete joke. I always wonder why Josh is always in the top 10 for MVP voting, but gets left off the roster every year. He's in the top 10 MVP voting, but yet, coaches choose other players because of... why? Shot selection, maybe? Why are they so concerned about shot selection anyways when the All Star Game is a joke now, and when Josh can pretty much do it all. Fans voting for old washed up vets, the game is like going to the Harlem Globetrotters game to watch people dunk, and the game means nothing at all to the NBA season. I could understand if the game actually meant something to the players & coaches like it used to back in the day where players took pride being in the game.

What did you think of his shot selection tonight? ( or last night, seeing that it's past midnight ) Edited by northcyde

If this teams continues to play well, and fight for home court in the playoffs.....if a final spot comes down between Horf and Smoove...For the love of GOD please let it be Smith. A few reasons: Horf's been there, won't give a rat's ass if he gets snubbed, just wants to win. JJ is no longer here and prolly got voted in 3 times because someone from the Hawks had to represent. Smoove feels like the leader of this team now, been screwed before, and the Hawks are still good! Just give Smith his due, because if he gets snubbed again... man, he'll try and prove himself more and this team doesn't need it.