• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Jenkins Rises

wolvetigers

i see no problem with trying to get 10 pts. a game out of him. i dont really see any value on the defensive end, he kind of reminds me of a kevin martin, somebody that hits the shots he supposed to make.Petro did not do a bad job eitheir, the people on the message board make him sound like a special ed student on the court.

this is why you use your whole bench b/c you never know when you will need them. ( when a startr gets hurt or when a starter just doesnt have it that night) i dont belivea position shoild be etched in stone. they all got on uniforms & they all are getting paid, they should be more than just practice fodder.

Jenkins will get better and better with time. He will be a nice piece for the hawks for a while. Hawks should be able to build a good team with Josh, Al and Jeff. Plus all of our cap space plus 2 1st round draft picks. I confused on will we keep LD as the coach though after this season.

Kevin Martin is exactly who I was thinking of last night when he was stroking it on one end and getting shredded on the other. It's nice to see LD working the rookies into the lineup more. His defense can only improve with playing time (if only a little bit) and his shooting is already at a very high level.

I've said from Day 1 that this kid should be starting, and playing at least 10 - 15 minutes a game. He's a better and more versatile scorer AND shooter than Anthony Morrow. At the very least, he should get all of Morrow's minutes, while we use Morrow and others as a trade chip to get a solid backup SF.I just hope that Drew uses him EXCLUSIVELY as a SG, and not as a pseudo-PG, like Woody did with Salim Stoudamire at times. Jenkins is taller and a little more crafty a scorer than Salim, so I hope Drew doesn't start getting cute and try to make some PG out of Jenkins.

The kid has not played enough to say his defense is ABOMINABLE. He doesn't have to be a great individual defender as long as he understands the team defensive concepts and I don't think he has played for enough long stretches to determine that. One thing I can say is the effort is there. Many thought Kyle Korver was horrible on defense, I said he may not be the quickess but he understand defensive principles and LD's concept. Give Jenks time to develop that.

I've been pleased with what we've seen out of him. Having a shooter that can come off the bench and start scoring is an invaluable asset in the NBA. I agree his defense will get better with some PT and practice. The log-jam in the backcourt has got to be cleaned up soon though...

• Premium Member

The kid has not played enough to say his defense is ABOMINABLE. He doesn't have to be a great individual defender as long as he understands the team defensive concepts and I don't think he has played for enough long stretches to determine that. One thing I can say is the effort is there. Many thought Kyle Korver was horrible on defense, I said he may not be the quickess but he understand defensive principles and LD's concept. Give Jenks time to develop that.

He gives effort for sure, but the moment he goes in the game his man gets open at will. Looks like he is running on sand on defense. I have no problem with him playing though, I mean, he isn't Bibby bad so you can have him out there just for his shooting to give us an offensive boost off the bench. He ain't even close to starter material right now though IMHO.