• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Jenkins will be getting more minutes

Brotha2ThaNite

I'm all for Jenkins being a long term piece and getting minutes. However, at the same time I would love to flip Harris for a crappier player who is also on an expiring contract + a late 1st round pick. Then try to parlay our 3 first round picks into a truly valuable player or lottery pick. Remember we already get Houstons 1st round pick as long as they make the playoffs.

• Like 1

I'm all for Jenkins being a long term piece and getting minutes. However, at the same time I would love to flip Harris for a crappier player who is also on an expiring contract + a late 1st round pick. Then try to parlay our 3 first round picks into a truly valuable player or lottery pick. Remember we already get Houstons 1st round pick as long as they make the playoffs.

Nice to see someone else on the "Trade Harris" boat. Posted Image

Edited by Q45T
  • Like 1

I think most of us are there at this point. Problem is that the guy can't stay healthy and we aren't going to get much in return for a guy who is always hurt.

Yep.......the only way to trade him is for him to play the next month and be productive.

The question is...........Do you sacrifice minutes for Jenkins so you can play Harris in hopes he stays healthy and becomes tradeable ?

Harris has NBA Finals and playoff expierence for a team needing PG depth that wants to win now. At the same time there is no guarantee that you can flip Harris for another expiring contract + draft pick. I do not see Ferry wanting to add a longterm contract which would eliminate some of our longterm cap flexibility.

I don't think there is right or wrong answer here. Since there is no guarantee Harris can be traded, or can stay healthy, I completely understand rolling with Jenkins and developing his confidence. The game of a shooter is all about confidence. At the same time I could understand trying to get something out of Harris and having to play him in order to do it.

Fixed (IMO).

You fixed it to fit your own opinion. That opinion is true if you only think his value is an the expiring contract. Then it doesn't matter if he plays or not.

If he proves he can stay healthy for the next month, and be productive, then a playoff team may want him for his PG play and defense..........not just his expiring contract for cap relief.

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

IF Harris gets traded, it'll likely be Harris ($8.5 mil) + Morrow ($4 mil) + Tolliver ($0.95 mil)/Petro ($3.5 mil) + pick. As I said in one of my threads, I think Philly would be a really good trade partner as they are in need of a backup PG and a shooter. I was thinking Nick Young ($6 mil expiring) + Kwame Brown ($3 mil/ 2yr) + Dorell Wright ($4.2 mil expiring) would be a good deal for both sides and it gives Philly an extra pick. Their season is next to a loss cause with them at 15-18 and Bynum is still a few months away from being ready. Nick Young is a chucker like both Crawfords were, but he is bigger at 6'7" (with the fro he is 6'11" lol) and is a slasher, Kwame gives us another C so that we could go big lineup every night w/ Zaza, and Dorell Wright is great three point shooter that also REBOUNDS. Only thing is that Harris doesn't seem to stay healthy, so I doubt any team out there would want him and that is also why I believe nothing will be done at the deadline and Danny will ride this team out. Jenkins is still a pup, he'll have a LONG career in Atlanta if he continually improves upon his play. I believe by year 8, Jenkins will be considered star in this league. Him not getting quality minutes now doesn't matter. It's nice to see the guy play and what he can do, but his best years are down the road still.

Dorell Wright:

https-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPppem-d020

Nick Young:

https-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VNjGDCYggE

• Moderators

I'm still not totally convinced that Harris is all that hurt. Plus they are saying sore foot and if i remember it was a turf toe thing. Which i know is difficult to shake in season but it doesn't spell chronic injury to me like knee problems or back problems.

I'm thinking Ferry is already looking for deals for Harris and doesn't see the point of him being in the rotation.

IF Harris gets traded, it'll likely be Harris ($8.5 mil) + Morrow ($4 mil) + Tolliver ($0.95 mil)/Petro ($3.5 mil) + pick. As I said in one of my threads, I think Philly would be a really good trade partner as they are in need of a backup PG and a shooter. I was thinking Nick Young ($6 mil expiring) + Kwame Brown ($3 mil/ 2yr) + Dorell Wright ($4.2 mil expiring) would be a good deal for both sides and it gives Philly an extra pick. Their season is next to a loss cause with them at 15-18 and Bynum is still a few months away from being ready. Nick Young is a chucker like both Crawfords were, but he is bigger at 6'7" (with the fro he is 6'11" lol) and is a slasher, Kwame gives us another C so that we could go big lineup every night w/ Zaza, and Dorell Wright is great three point shooter that also REBOUNDS. Only thing is that Harris doesn't seem to stay healthy, so I doubt any team out there would want him and that is also why I believe nothing will be done at the deadline and Danny will ride this team out. Jenkins is still a pup, he'll have a LONG career in Atlanta if he continually improves upon his play. I believe by year 8, Jenkins will be considered star in this league. Him not getting quality minutes now doesn't matter. It's nice to see the guy play and what he can do, but his best years are down the road still.

Dorell Wright:

https-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPppem-d020

Nick Young:

https-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VNjGDCYggE

Dorrell Wright iw th guy I want the Hawks to go after next offseason, he is a great fit here, a SF that has size, good defender, 3pt shooter, perfect for us. Anyway I don't see this trade, I want nothing with Nick Young, he will just steal minutes from Jenkins and Williams and cannot defend.

Edited by gurpilo