• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

"Official" Game Thread: Hawks - Celtics

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

"Official" is in quotes as I didn't have time to throw a blog together, as I'm heading down Marietta Street for the game tonight!

Posted Image

All I had time to throw together was:

The Boston Celtics are the Eva Peron of the NBA. There’s no need to cry for them. We’ll find the truth is they never left us. This year’s 15-17 team was 15-17 last year, with many fewer games to make up for it. They finished the year at 39-27 and one half of basketball away from the NBA Finals. So don’t fall for the crocodile tears.

That's all I got! Keep composure and don't get suckered into the inevitable mind games!

We got trounced with the rebounding last night in Motown, so let's turn it around against the worst total rebounding team in the NBA. This team will still frustrate teams into tough shots, but they cannot stop people on the glass with KG pretty much out there by his lonesome. Get multiple possessions on one end of the floor, and the Hawks can keep the edge throughout.

Go Hawks!

~lw3

• Like 1

Worst loss of the year. Especially considering who the opponent was and how big of a lead we had.Shake it off and get back on track next week.

Hopefully they go on a big losing streak instead. They need to be put out of it. It really reflects badly on the east that this terrible team is in 3rd place. No team that plays like this one deserves to be in 3rd place.

My first post of the season. I am starting to agree with Hotlanta. I know it's just 1 game but i'm not sure what happened to me tonight. I found myself rooting for Smoove to take 3's at the end of the game cuz I knew he would miss(even tho he made 1)..I was sarcastically rooting for the Celtics to win. We are not a 20-12 team no way. That is fool's gold. We are more like 12-20. This is probably the most ive wanted smoove traded ever. The guy can't dribble or hold the ball much less shoot. Two aspects of bball that are kinda important. Horford, Korver and Ferry don't belong to this organization. I hope we go ahead and pay smoove the max. We deserve each other. Good job guys...way to be professional tonight. I seriously think they were trying to lose that game in the 2nd half. No way you can play that bad intentionally. What a joke. I like Horford. We should trade him and Korver for Jordan Hill and a 3rd round past consideration and just make the Lakers better. Better yet trade him to our enemy, the Celts. lol. smh

well atlanta hawks this was the game to really get the atlanta fans behind you & you let pierce come in here like he is riding on a donkey with a sambrero hat sipping some kool aide ( like a wild west hero). you truly have the better team i believe.but you let them punk you again & take it from you.josh has an excuse he wasnt 100 percent. & dam man whats the deal with harris.is he out for the year. i think lou will eventually hit the wall b/c of his ext. min.and c-mon drew if josh wasnt100 % why give him all of those minutes.why not give some to ivan.

My first post of the season. I am starting to agree with Hotlanta. I know it's just 1 game but i'm not sure what happened to me tonight. I found myself rooting for Smoove to take 3's at the end of the game cuz I knew he would miss(even tho he made 1)..I was sarcastically rooting for the Celtics to win. We are not a 20-12 team no way. That is fool's gold. We are more like 12-20. This is probably the most ive wanted smoove traded ever. The guy can't dribble or hold the ball much less shoot. Two aspects of bball that are kinda important. Horford, Korver and Ferry don't belong to this organization. I hope we go ahead and pay smoove the max. We deserve each other. Good job guys...way to be professional tonight. I seriously think they were trying to lose that game in the 2nd half. No way you can play that bad intentionally. What a joke. I like Horford. We should trade him and Korver for Jordan Hill and a 3rd round past consideration and just make the Lakers better. Better yet trade him to our enemy, the Celts. lol. smh

Watching Al Horford fail to back down his defender is also terrible. That's why this guy will never be more than a 13-14PPG player.

Karl Malone? 25PPG scorer? lol

well atlanta hawks this was the game to really get the atlanta fans behind you & you let pierce come in here like he is riding on a donkey with a sambrero hat sipping some kool aide ( like a wild west hero). you truly have the better team i believe.but you let them punk you again & take it from you.josh has an excuse he wasnt 100 percent. & dam man whats the deal with harris.is he out for the year. i think lou will eventually hit the wall b/c of his ext. min.and c-mon drew if josh wasnt100 % why give him all of those minutes.why not give some to ivan.

Boston has played like crap this year. But you wouldn't know it by that second half.

This team really needs to clean house. Until they do that, they're just wasting time. Josh Smith and Al Horford are not building blocks.

Worst loss of the season. Teague could hardly even run the offense Bradley put so much pressure on him. Lou Williams could not even run the offense against Rondo. Josh and Al were both pathetic offensively. Korver got exposed as a defender.

This game shows you what we have come playoff time. I am not too uptight though because realistically we all understand that this is team cap space. No there will not be any notable trades or moves and we are not going anywhere worth going during the playoffs. Yes you are suppose to support anyway.Posted Image

Worst loss of the season. Teague could hardly even run the offense Bradley put so much pressure on him. Lou Williams could not even run the offense against Rondo. Josh and Al were both pathetic offensively. Korver got exposed as a defender.

This game shows you what we have come playoff time. I am not too uptight though because realistically we all understand that this is team cap space. No there will not be any notable trades or moves and we are not going anywhere worth going during the playoffs. Yes you are suppose to support anyway.Posted Image

Obviously Josh and Al have a place in this league and can be key role players, but you can't build a team around these guys. If Al Horford was LA's starting PF instead of Gasol, I think LA would be looking stronger. But these guys are role players. Right now they're in over their heads.

• Like 1

Obviously Josh and Al have a place in this league and can be key role players, but you can't build a team around these guys. If Al Horford was LA's starting PF instead of Gasol, I think LA would be looking stronger. But these guys are role players. Right now they're in over their heads.

My problem with trading Al and or Josh is there is really nothing out there that I salivate over. You are not getting a superstar for either and I am not a big fan of the draft. We had more picks than any team could wish for and blew them on Marvin, Sheldon, Acie, and J Chilz. Most of those guys are not even in the league now. If Dwight comes cool, if Dwight and Paul come great our problems are solved. I don't trust either of those coming though so I continue to say trade all the picks and expirings you can get for Cousins and bad contracts.