• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al Horford better be at a big man camp next season

coachx

Totally agree. I loved Al his first two seasons. I gave him some leeway with the past few due to injuries. But I fully expected him to be much further along in the low post than he is. There are so many players with his experience, skill, or size that have.so much more than he does down there. He can barely stay balanced after his first back down dribble, no off-hand moves to speak of, no spin, no duck-under, no rip-through moves. He's all but terrified to go to the line, which is a very disappointing because I just knew he'd be a consistent low 70's shooter. I don't like finesse "bigs," and Al has turned into one of the poster children for those. What can you do in this new NBA that everyone says Mike D'Antoni "revolutionized" with big guards and small bigs running to the three point line on a fast break? Guys like Josh who haven't been taught the game properly spend hours in practice shooting threes while their free throw percentages are abominable and post games all but forgotten. Al better get it together quick because his big payday is approaching and the difference between being able to manufacture paint points and not being able will be about 8 figures.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Loved "The Wire."

Back to Horford........in the off season he should also do some Yoga, with hot wife, to improve his flexibility. He is stiff as a board and mechanical like a robot. When your making $12 mill a year we expect a 12 month a year committment to improve for the betterment of the Hawks.

• Like 1

There was a interview recently with al Horford where was asked if he has ever attended a big man camp on the off season. He said no b/c he was usually working with his national team.

That better change this year. There is no excuse for him to have have improved his offensive post game at this stage......or at least concentrate on improving.

I like Al b/c he plays smart and within himslef............but the man has to become the best that he can be and forget about his crappy national team this off season in order to make his team that gives him pay checks better.

Al is never going to be a post up player. He is better off on a team where he can just rebound and take the jumpers that work best for him. He would be really good on a team like The Thunder where those two guys carry the load and he can just do his thing. It's true that he has had some good games this season, but I think it's easy to see that you don't want him to be a first or 2nd option on your team. Karl Malone he ain't.

Not only that we need to have a big man coach on the bench.

What happened to ferry's plan of focusing on developing players??? The only bigs on our team that play like bigs are ivan and zaza. We need to have a big man coach like dwight had with patrick ewing in orlando. Also we need a shooting coach if we already have 1 get a new 1 damn it. Our freethrow shooting is awful.

Ferry just needs to rebuild the whole coaching staff from top to bottom.

Not only that we need to have a big man coach on the bench.

What happened to ferry's plan of focusing on developing players??? The only bigs on our team that play like bigs are ivan and zaza. We need to have a big man coach like dwight had with patrick ewing in orlando. Also we need a shooting coach if we already have 1 get a new 1 damn it. Our freethrow shooting is awful.

Ferry just needs to rebuild the whole coaching staff from top to bottom.

Not trying to be funny just asking, what other teams besides Orlando had a dedicated coach for big men?

Totally agree. I loved Al his first two seasons. I gave him some leeway with the past few due to injuries. But I fully expected him to be much further along in the low post than he is. There are so many players with his experience, skill, or size that have.so much more than he does down there. He can barely stay balanced after his first back down dribble, no off-hand moves to speak of, no spin, no duck-under, no rip-through moves. He's all but terrified to go to the line, which is a very disappointing because I just knew he'd be a consistent low 70's shooter. I don't like finesse "bigs," and Al has turned into one of the poster children for those. What can you do in this new NBA that everyone says Mike D'Antoni "revolutionized" with big guards and small bigs running to the three point line on a fast break? Guys like Josh who haven't been taught the game properly spend hours in practice shooting threes while their free throw percentages are abominable and post games all but forgotten. Al better get it together quick because his big payday is approaching and the difference between being able to manufacture paint points and not being able will be about 8 figures.

I miss "bring your lunch pail and hard hat" Al Posted Image . His movements are really mechanical so I don't think he can be a true low-post scorer, but he needs work.