• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Shopping Smith

PSSSHHHRRR87

Wow this board is gullible. This is regurgitated info. The key phrase is, "according to a source". Not even, "a source close to Smith" or "a rival GM". Just, a source. I'm a source, you're a source but most commonly a source is quoting the opinion of another writer of another article.

• Moderators

Wow this board is gullible. This is regurgitated info. The key phrase is, "according to a source". Not even, "a source close to Smith" or "a rival GM". Just, a source. I'm a source, you're a source but most commonly a source is quoting the opinion of another writer of another article.

Posted Image

Way to just take the wind out of our sails... :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would not trade Josh Smith unless we can get a true Center -- If the Brooklyn Nets are actually interested as sources stated by Aldridge, thenwould they actually part with Brook Lopez or would the Memphis grizzlies part with Zach Randolph --- From a basketball logic standpoint both seem highly unlikely --- however, if those offers are out there Hawks you think would listen

My only joy in life would be if after hearing Josh's request.....

He pardons himself to make a quick phone call as if he's discussing it with the ASG.....

Hands the phone over to Josh with the answer to his request.....

And it's Deke on the other end going "ha ha ha, not today" Posted Image

That would be the funniest thing EVER

Another thread today found here http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/376833-the-beat-writer-finally-speaks-lol/

Vivlamore verifies there is no truth to the rumors Hawks are shopping Smith or that he asked for the max.

Another thread today found here http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/376833-the-beat-writer-finally-speaks-lol/

Vivlamore verifies there is no truth to the rumors Hawks are shopping Smith or that he asked for the max.

Wanna read something funny from Vivs piece?

There have been no contract talks between the Hawks and Smith since the start of the season. I am told, by multiple sources,that a report that the Hawks have told Smith they will not pay him a maximum contract and are actively trying to trade him is not accurate.

• Like 1

I'm not proposing the trade but it has been stated Evan turner is availableWhat would you guys think aboutTurner/hawes for smith?

All day.

I think that I would.

Again, either you guys have some real hate for Smoove or you don't watch the 76ers play much.

Hawes(.313) 3pt shooting is worse than Smoove(.324) but he continue to shoot them. He is a 7 footer center who has a career avg 6 rebs. I would take Zaza (maybe even Ivan) over Hawes as my starting center.

And...

Heck No to a 7ft center who avg .461 FG.

• Like 1

The real reason behind that trade is turner. Hawes is an extra 7fter. I know he shoots 3's BUT I was tryin to be realistic because if we get turner we have to get something that is not great in return

Exactly.

not a fan of turner he needs the ball in his hands to be effective. I dont want him taking the ball out of teague hands lou is already enough. I prefer us to go after players who excel at playing off the ball but can also handle the ball and can create their own shot when needed.

• Like 2

The real reason behind that trade is turner. Hawes is an extra 7fter. I know he shoots 3's BUT I was tryin to be realistic because if we get turner we have to get something that is not great in return

Exactly.

Exactly... Trading Josh for two bench players... No Thinks.

Evan is too soft.

Our defense suck already with Josh. Why are we trading him for 2 players who together can't do a better job???

Hell, I'll take a healthy Thaddeus Young over both of these clowns. Okay maybe Hawes with Young. :-)

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

• Premium Member

I won't be surprised if the Hawks pull off a deal while keeping Josh. I just have a difficult time believing he gets dealt for the trash offers being made. He's far from a perfect or great player, but I'd rather see him re-upped on a REASONABLE deal than to accept lesser players.

Edited by Jody23
  • Like 1

The real reason behind that trade is turner. Hawes is an extra 7fter. I know he shoots 3's BUT I was tryin to be realistic because if we get turner we have to get something that is not great in return Exactly. Exactly... Trading Josh for two bench players... No Thinks.Evan is too soft. Our defense suck already with Josh. Why are we trading him for 2 players who together can't do a better job??? Hell, I'll take a healthy Thaddeus Young over both of these clowns. Okay maybe Hawes with Young. :-)

Your allegiance to Smith is pretty obvious on here and that's cool and all. But I think you are seriously over-valuing. I would much rather trade josh plus whatever and go after turner AND thaddeus but that prob won't happen. Turner is a solid player and isn't going to kill our bankroll. Its beyond hilarious (like gut-bustingly hilarious) that you can call Turner a clown considering who we are talking about on our side.Hawes was just filler. Not our center of the future. But if thats what it takes to get rid of Josh and get a piece back without having him walk or get largely overpaid this summer... then that's what needs to happen.

Your allegiance to Smith is pretty obvious on here and that's cool and all. But I think you are seriously over-valuing. I would much rather trade josh plus whatever and go after turner AND thaddeus but that prob won't happen. Turner is a solid player and isn't going to kill our bankroll. Its beyond hilarious (like gut-bustingly hilarious) that you can call Turner a clown considering who we are talking about on our side. Hawes was just filler. Not our center of the future. But if thats what it takes to get rid of Josh and get a piece back without having him walk or get largely overpaid this summer... then that's what needs to happen.

I would rather let Josh walk rather than trade him for guys that will not make our team better. Its just that simple.

I'm not stuck on Josh. I'm just telling you all what I have heard from... There is a 20% chance he gets traded. So, that's why I keep saying he's not going to be traded.

If he does get traded it will not be for players or a player that won't improve our team.

The reason why you always seeing me so called defend Josh is because of all the tunnel vision. I have said I wish he would be traded because... It's like the "only" reason why this team isn't good enough or lose is Josh. Not true.

Josh is not the only problem but he has outlasted his welcome. He needs to be shipped out MAINLY because he will walk and we get nothingI think you underestimate cheap role players. Hawes and turner are very good pieces NOT the answerWe would have afordable starter (turner) and backup (hopefully) in hawes. Gives us a look at what horford could do not having to play against bigger players every night