• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Countdown to the Trade Deadline - Will Josh Smith get traded?

PaceRam

My head is spinning with reading all the different rumors (Nets, Rockets, Mavericks, Celtics, etc) about Josh Smith as the trade deadline gets closer. At this point I am beginning to think the Hawks will keep Smith and try to negotiate a deal with him and if they can't agree Ferry & the Hawks will let him walk and use his cap space to hopefully sign quality free agents during the offseason. I have to admit that I was (still am!) hoping that some team would offer the Hawks a deal (Quality Young Players & Draft Picks) too good to pass up but I think I was dreaming!

I hope (only because he walks in free agency) that we trade him. But my guy says we may keep him. My one big hope is Gerry's comment about when lebron left and how he should have traded him instead of letting him walk. Lebron was way more likely to stay instead of josh IMO

I think he will be traded. There is SO much demand for his skillset, although he hasn't promised he would re-sign with a team. Out of all the rumors discussed, the most realistic place he would be traded is Brooklyn (if they can get a 3rd team involved). They're pushing the hardest for him and have even talked to the Cavs (exploratory talks) about being a 3rd team in the deal.

With four days left does anyone have any reliable information or any good rumors on IF Smith will be traded by the the Trade Deadline? I have a lot of mixed opinions on this subject! Personally, I don't think the Hawks will get a player of equal value if they trade him but if they can get a quality player(s) and some draft picks I guess I would rather see him traded than to see him leave in FA and the Hawks get nothing in return (although, I guess getting that added cap space could help the Hawks get a good FA or two). The next few days should be interesting!

Earlier I was POSITIVE he was staying until I seen all the supposedly teams interested now I believe he has a higher chance of getting traded than staying.

Earlier I was POSITIVE he was staying until I seen all the supposedly teams interested now I believe he has a higher chance of getting traded than staying.

I totally agree! With supposedly so many teams having interest I am thinking at least one of those teams will make a decent ( hopefully, Good!) offer to the Hawks!

Adreian Wojnarowski is a very reliable source. I don't know why the Bobcats, Wizards and Bucks want him. He not gonna resign there BUT if they still wanna give up decent deal for him then ok. They'll learn.

Maybe as SnT bait in the off season? It's hard for me to believe as well.

Adreian Wojnarowski is a very reliable source. I don't know why the Bobcats, Wizards and Bucks want him. He not gonna resign there BUT if they still wanna give up decent deal for him then ok. They'll learn.

Bobcats and Bucks I'm not sure about but I could see the Wizards going for Smith, if only to try and put a playoff team around Wall in the coming years. I doubt Josh stays with them though.