• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bucks interested in Smith -- via Realgm

capstone21

hawks would be selling low on any of these deals. Why trade josh for some scrubs with expiring cotrActs?

Do you really not know ?One alternative is you lose Josh for nothing.A young prospect and 1st round pick are better then nothing.......while keeping your cap space to take a some swings in free agency.Even if you miss on Paul and Howard there are still guys like Jefferson, Hickson, Pekovic, Mayo,etc.Pekovic and Jefferson are simply better players then Josh and Hickson is close in play level while being cheaper. Edited by coachx

from Yardbarker: interesting summary.Milwaukee is open to trading just about anyone on the roster, the Journal Times reported. The most available: Monta Ellis and Samuel Dalembert.The Bucks also possess several players on expiring contracts: Beno Udrih ($7.8M), Dalembert ($6.7M) and Mike Dunleavy ($3.8M).Here's what the market for Smith looks like, according to Rotoworld. Philadelphia is rumored to be offering Evan Turner and Spencer Hawes. Boston is willing to give up Jeff Green and Brandon Bass. And Brooklyn is trying to unload Kris Humphries and MarShon Brooks.Those offers appear to be pretty lowball.

I like the philly one but I read somewhere where they came out and said it wasnt true that they were willing to part ways with turner.

• Premium Member

The Hawks may be inviting trouble for themselves if they don't deal him. He was clearly upset about being suspended and probably isn't too thrilled about his name in trade rumors. Keeping him and trying to bank on a sign and trade in the off season will be too risky imo. The new CBA lessens the incentive for him to agree to being apart of a sign and trade.

I just don't see the Bucks dealing Sanders if they legitimately feel he's the player they are getting now. I'd see them dealing Daly, but not Sanders. If we could get him for Smith, then I'd be ecstatic, but I don't see that happening. Milwaukee is a small market team. Small market teams don't deal away athletic, young big men on cheap contracts for guys demanding the max. They may see Smith as a difference maker for them this season to give them a better shot in the post-season so they'd deal away guys who aren't in their long-term future for him like Jennings, Daly, or possibly even Ilyasova although them dealing him kind of surprises me a little since he just signed a reasonable deal this past off-season.

I think getting Smith makes the Bucks really tough to score on in the paint and even perimeter a little if they move Luc to SF where he's one of the better perimeter defenders in the NBA. Add Smith to that equation along with Sanders leading the league in blocks and you make up for Ellis' defensive defeciencies.

That is the big reason why I want smoove traded. When he plays "right" he is awesome but some nights he's a selfish baby and we all know the story on the jumpers and that's why I HaTE the nights he shoots well because that means he will shoot more withr the thought of "do you not remember me going 3/7 the other night I was awesome

They aren't dealing sanders UNLESS we took a bad contract like luc and give them smith BUT that is still unlikely

I'd take Luc and Sanders for Smith as well. Luc may not be solid offensively, but he's a really good man defender. We'd be weaker offensively, but drastically better on the defensiive end adding those 2, but like you said, I don't think they'd do it even then.

• Like 1

The Hawks may be inviting trouble for themselves if they don't deal him. He was clearly upset about being suspended and probably isn't too thrilled about his name in trade rumors. Keeping him and trying to bank on a sign and trade in the off season will be too risky imo. The new CBA lessens the incentive for him to agree to being apart of a sign and trade.

Agreed...but of course, the elephant in the room that nobody really wants to talk much about is...ownership.

What if they are simply content with making a 1/2-arsed/lowball attempt and letting him go after the season?

I don't think Sanders is available so I'd just about say let's take Monta Ellis and Sam Dalembert for Josh and Anthony Morrow. That would give us a true Center who can rebound and play D. He's an expiring and playing really well this season. Ellis is a chucker. Nothing more and nothing less. He gives us a little depth at PG since he can technically play PG. We've been running the small lineup out there alot lately and I think Ellis is an improvement offensively from Harris. He does get to the line alot, which would help this team immensely. He'll be an $11 million expiring this offseason that could be dealt to someone and give us $40 miilion still to re-sign Teague and whomever else we chose to re-sign. I believe he could opt out too which wouldn't hurt us necessarily. Who knows? Maybe he comes here and plays well expecting to opt out and helps us down the stretch. Daly could be good insurance if we strike out on aquiring a good, young big and we could sign him to either a 1 yr. or short-term deal to wait on the next group of FA's.

I just don't want us waiting on Josh and then losing him for nothing this offseason. I like Josh's talent and the positives he brings. I just don't think the positives outweigh the negatives for the contract he will command, and I don't think he'll get max money from anyone unless it's a desperate franchise like maybe Phoenix or Charlotte.

Edited by Dragitoff

^Those guys are free agents too though (I've read somewhere that Ellis is dead set on opting out), so we wouldn't necessarily be getting anything for him unless they give us a pick.

Also, Luc isn't a bad contract, he's a great defender who rebounds for about 5million. He's Josh-lite at the 3 minus the passing but also minus the bone-headed plays.

Gooden is their only bad contract really, and they'll have a bunch of cap regardless.

Really, dealing for Josh doesn't make a lot of sense for the Bucks. Hopefully they bite and give us some assets though. I feel bad for that fanbase.