• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Although I couldn't stand him sometimes....i'm gonna kinda miss Smoove. (assuming he gets traded)

Robdawg

I mean the guy did something not many of us have ever had the opportunity to do, play for your childhood team. I grew up watching the Braves on TBS and as I grew, the Braves continued to win. At one point, I dreamed of playing with Chipper, Smoltz, and countless others. Those dreams are gone but for all the shortfalls Smoove has given us I think it's time for both parties to move on.

• Like 1

I would have sworn this was posted by JTB with the long title. I feel the same way about missing him once he's gone... But I will get past it!

Haha well I try to post thru memes to keep it entertaining but I like to speak what's on my mind every once in a while. I'm with ya there. It's time to move on!

I'll definitely miss him. It's a damn shame we didn't develop him the way we should have and could have.

This is why I'm all for developing a winning culture and making the playoffs year in, year out: if we were to draft Josh 17th this year, I'd have much more confidence he'd turn out the way he should have, because he'd learn how to play smart, winning basketball. I must say, I'm really excited about our team's future. The next time we draft a Josh Smith, I'm confident we'll get the best out of him. I know not everybody is sold on Ferry yet, but I'm really looking forward to the coming years. The dude has my trust.

the few things I will miss were his key game changing defensive plays and his high low plays with al horford at the end of the games. I also love how he was proud to represent atlanta and help supported by going to falcon games,dream games etc....

Other than that ADIOS!!!

Edited by yungsta
  • Like 2

The transition from High School to NBA is a challenging one, and Josh went through his growing pains on the nba stage...Having the right coach, Popovich for example - could of really mold him to playing basketball the right way by focusing on his strengths, and diminishing his flaws on the court. With that said - Josh Smith still is a very good basketball player. I remember watching the draft and Jay Bilas said, "If you had to pick which guy was most likely to be a bust in the first round, it would be this guy," he said. "He has no right hand, and he can't shoot."

Well Josh still cant shoot but he is far from a bust - Best of luck Josh, hopefully trading you will bring the Hawks better fortune. Hopefully, Ferry can build a contender here...

It's hard not to miss a player that you've watched for 9 years. The guy is a good player and has definitely had some memorable moments while in ATL. On the flip side though, it HAS been 9 years. And if Ferry can get a better player or combination of players to help this team progress, that's what he has to do.

If he is traded, it will be interesting to see the reaction of the fan base. A lot of you have praised Ferry since Day 1. We'll see if that continues if Josh is dealt in the next 52 or so hours.

• Like 1

I've always been indifferent toward the kid, up until recently I edged slightly over to the dark side. The ridiculous insistence on jump shooting while he was laughable from the line just became too much for me considering his age and experience. Now that he's apparently got one foot out the door, I can edge slightly on the bright side and marvel at his shot blocking early on and how he was able to succeed in the NBA with that dribble. If he wasn't left-handed and couldn't jump out the gym, there was nothing there to work with when he came out. To his credit he made himself an outstanding weak-side defender and one of the better passing bigs in the game. For that I'm proud and wish him the best going forward. Many times it was misplaced, but I can't do anything but commend his passion for the game and Atlanta.

After, the whole Dominique trade fiasco (I was goin to my first Hawks game and would see Dominique play, when I woke up that morning heard he gotta traded) I decided that I will no longer attach myself to players. It's all about The Atlanta Hawks - trade the whole team for all I care, as long as it makes us a better team and I enjoy the games I go to knowing we have a chance to win, I'm good.

Edited by JayBirdHawk