• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh to starting tonight... Looney Tunes... tweets

Brotha2ThaNite

It's funny cause AHawks and Brother2thaNight are setting up the classic "I told you so" scenario. But with the "I told you so" comes more of the same mediocrity we have experienced for years now. I guess they are cool with that.

I guess the question is you still gonna be a HawkFan when your mancrush leaves?

Smith is my favorite player in the league and on my favorite team. It will be hard to accept him not being a Hawk. I will still root for him and hope his team does well. (depending on where he would go) I am a Hawks fan first and foremost though.

Yeah, he also said Dwight Howard would be a great fit in L.A. How'd that turn out?

Maybe he mean't the Clippers?

• Like 2

Smith is my favorite player in the league and on my favorite team. It will be hard to accept him not being a Hawk. I will still root for him and hope his team does well. (depending on where he would go) I am a Hawks fan first and foremost

Smoove used to be my favorite player on the Hawks but not anymore. I def would wish him the best but I'm with you that I will always be a Hawk fan first. That is why I am so frustrated with Josh's lack of team first attitude.

Lets see if smoove finally shows up against the heat. so far this season he is only shooting 35% against them and only grabbing 5 boards against the worst rebounding team in the nba. that is pathetic.

Hopefully he plays with a chip on his shoulder since this might be his last game as a hawk.......

or he just might play like shit and give the hawks and the fans a big F YOU as he leaves to go to _________

If we need a basket in the worst way...let me tell you what are our best scoring options: Al Horford - from 15' to the post.Jeff Teague or Devin Harris on a 3 pointer or penetration to break down the defense and finish or a pass to Korver, Lou, or HorfordKorver on a cut for a catch and shoot.Lou on pretty much anything.Stevenson on a 3 pointer The last thing we want is Josh Smith with the ball. Are you saying he has the handles to shake his man and break down the defense? Are you saying he has the jumpshot to spread the floor? Are you saying he has the post game that will draw a consistent double? This is what "best players" do and they do it so well that teams dedicate themselves to BUILDING AROUND THEIR GAME. How exactly is Josh Smith our best player when none of that applies to him? HOW is he our best player when you have a dozen better scoring options on any given play? Even if you don't want to admit those are better scoring options (which they absolutely are), there's no way that giving the ball to Smith (except the occasional back door lob) is any better. Moreover, nearly half of his shots (long jumpers) are actually TERRIBLE options. He is AVERAGE at best on offense. Not special and certainly not our best option. Don't get me wrong, I love Smoove. I love what he brings and unlike many, I have a great deal of respect for what he actually DOES do well. But he doesn't focus on that aspect of his game. He spends his time trying to be something that he is not and away from the basket where he is most effective. So...please explain to me in what way is he so special on OFFENSE, and if he is not that special...how can you guys call him our best player?

Just to drive that point home even further, the 3 most memorable game winning play by Josh are:- the offensive rebound slam to beat Orlando in 2010- the block on Dwyane Wade in 2007- the offensive rebound slam to beat Houston in 2009No game winning jumpshots or drives or a great post move to score. All of these are hustle plays.
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Smith is my favorite player in the league and on my favorite team. It will be hard to accept him not being a Hawk. I will still root for him and hope his team does well. (depending on where he would go) I am a Hawks fan first and foremost though. Maybe he mean't the Clippers?

Nope. He meant the Lakers.

• Premium Member

Magic says we need to KEEP Josh Smith, but needs a coach who will play his strengths because he hasn't had that coach yet.

Not once...has anybody on this board ever suggested this.

On the subject at hand though, if this is his last game with us...I'm going to be very sad. There's a video on ESPN...at the end, Legler really breaks down the way that I envisioned Josh Smith maturing. He needs a strong coach, a reality check, and a couple of alphas to keep him in check. But I digress...that's not going to happen here.

:(