• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thinking about canceling Cable...

ryandauwalker

Best bet is to find a BYOB bar and shell out for a Heineken or Newcastle draft keg. Just sling it over your shoulder like a boombox and belly up to the bar. Too bad they only have 2 flavors of Draughtkeg.

Heineken smells like rat piss... then again just about all green bottle beers smell like that to me. Newcastle is pretty good though.

Heineken smells like rat piss... then again just about all green bottle beers smell like that to me. Newcastle is pretty good though.

Wow, someone that doesn't like Heineken?? Just for curiosity's sake, you should try a Sweetwater and tell us what you think.

Speaking of imports, is anyone a fan of Tsingtao from China?

Tallboy Colt 45 is only $1.29 at most gas stations. Haven't found a bar yet in the Atl Metro area that stocks it though. Fools!

Now we are talking Malt Liquor I see.

The liquor stores in the ghettos around the Dome and Phillips are stocked with crap like that. As a former Falcons seasont tix holder you best have your beer stocked before getting to the Dome or your forced to drink Bud Light or malt liquor.

Its the piss beer of Germany. My wifes grandfather has a German girlfriend who comes and visits for several months a year. She says the Germans don't even drink it over there.

Have no idea why it used to be so big over here.

Newcastle is brown ale in a clear bottle with a caramel like after taste......very smooth beer...........nothing like a Heiny which is a sour pale ale.

Its the piss beer of Germany. My wifes grandfather has a German girlfriend who comes and visits for several months a year. She says the Germans don't even drink it over there.

Have no idea why it used to be so big over here.

Newcastle is brown ale in a clear bottle with a caramel like after taste......very smooth beer...........nothing like a Heiny which is a sour pale ale.

I didn't know that about Heineken in Germany, but I'm glad that they agree with me! Grolsch is a little better, but still has that skunky taste from too much light exposure.

Agreed on Newcastle, it's very smooth.

• Moderators

Newcastle is nice.

Any thoughts on light beers? I tend to avoid them as I would rather drink fewer "real" beers than more light ones but Amstel Light has probably been my favorite of the light beers I have tried.

Newcastle is nice.

Any thoughts on light beers? I tend to avoid them as I would rather drink fewer "real" beers than more light ones but Amstel Light has probably been my favorite of the light beers I have tried.

Light beers are excellent sources of carbs for very long runs. And for making you pee a lot. Probably the only one I will drink is Michelob Ultra and that's only when I'm trying to cut down on calories and it's a pretty good tasting light beer.

I didn't know that about Heineken in Germany, but I'm glad that they agree with me! Grolsch is a little better, but still has that skunky taste from too much light exposure.

Agreed on Newcastle, it's very smooth.

First of all, Heineken is a Dutch beer Posted Image

I've been to the Netherlands and Germany, and I've never met anyone that didn't like it. As far as German beers, Becks all the way.

Good call on Newcastle though. That's my favorite dark beer.

• Moderators

Light beers are excellent sources of carbs for very long runs. And for making you pee a lot. Probably the only one I will drink is Michelob Ultra and that's only when I'm trying to cut down on calories and it's a pretty good tasting light beer.

I never drink light beers but the first microbrew that comes out with a good light beer will make a fortune. I think sweetwater should come out with a beer call 210. The slogan would be 'when you want to start drinking earlier'

its been years but i remember sam adams light being decent even though i hate sam adams stuff in general.

Newcastle is nice.

http://www.beer100.com/beercalories.htm

http://www.alcoholcontents.com/beer/

Link above list calories and alcohal content for popular beers.

Amstel Light is good but like most light beers its light on alcohal content....Its 3.9% to 3.5% alcohal depending on which website you believe.

Sam Adams Light and Yuengling Light are my 2 favorite light beers for taste...........both still have a light brown color with twice the flavor of the more popular light beers. Michleob Light is the best tasteing of the popular light beers to me. Yuengling Light is best tasteing light beer (to me) for the price..........its just 99 calories for a 12 oz. A 12 pack will run you the same as Bud Light. the problem is its only 3.8 % alcohal. Sam Adams Light is 4.05 % alcohal. Bud Light is 4.2 % alcohal. Michelob Light is 4.3% alcohal.

In the summer I favor Michelob Light.

When its colder I go for the darker Yuenling Light or Sam Adams Light.

Skinny Dip is good too........made by New Belgium Brewery that makes Fat Tire........its their spin on light beer but think its about 125 - 130 calories. The more popular light beers are between 99 - 110 calories.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

ryandauwalker, on 03 Mar 2013 - 21:30, said:Will I still be able to get Hawks games through OTA or some other method? I live in Atlanta, but I was curious if anybody here has done that.I don't feel comfortable using illegal streams to watch. Thanks.

I just cancelled DSL. ATT was charging me $41 monthly for slow as hell 1.5/768Mbps while Comcast is offering $14.99 (no contract) for 3.0/768 Mbps. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

I never drink light beers but the first microbrew that comes out with a good light beer will make a fortune. I think sweetwater should come out with a beer call 210. The slogan would be 'when you want to start drinking earlier'

its been years but i remember sam adams light being decent even though i hate sam adams stuff in general.

Thebrewery that makes Fat Tire has one called Skinny Dip thats is their spin on a light beer. Its pretty good.

I just cancelled DSL. ATT was charging me $41 monthly for slow as hell 1.5/768Mbps while Comcast is offering $14.99 (no contract) for 3.0/768 Mbps. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Oh, I understand that an internet-based TV solution is ideal from a fiscal perspective. That's why I'm doing it. My philosophy is "make all you can, save all you can, give all you can," but there are areas where I need to improve (this being one of them).

The only problem is that I do not feel comfortable using illegal streams like firstrow or justin.tv. If those options are off the table, can I make it work? TV and movies seem to be covered with Netflix, Hulu. I have an e-mail address on my parent's account that supports HBO and Showtime, but I rarely use those.

I love my Atlanta teams though!

First of all, Heineken is a Dutch beer Posted Image

I've been to the Netherlands and Germany, and I've never met anyone that didn't like it. As far as German beers, Becks all the way.

Good call on Newcastle though. That's my favorite dark beer.

Your right on the country.

Plenty of people love pale ale.......its just skunky tasteing and smelling to others. Some like smooth beer and some like theres a little sour..........to each their own. Thats why they make so many different types.

I know they claim Heineken is a lager but it taste and smells like what we call pale ale in the US.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

coachx, on 06 Mar 2013 - 11:01, said:Now we are talking Malt Liquor I see.The liquor stores in the ghettos around the Dome and Phillips are stocked with crap like that. As a former Falcons seasont tix holder you best have your beer stocked before getting to the Dome or your forced to drink Bud Light or malt liquor.

The next time you're in that predicament give Icehouse a try. Just in case that's sold out try Miller High Life. Both sneaky good 'round-the-way beers.

Oh, I understand that an internet-based TV solution is ideal from a fiscal perspective. That's why I'm doing it. My philosophy is "make all you can, save all you can, give all you can," but there are areas where I need to improve (this being one of them).

The only problem is that I do not feel comfortable using illegal streams like firstrow or justin.tv. If those options are off the table, can I make it work? TV and movies seem to be covered with Netflix, Hulu. I have an e-mail address on my parent's account that supports HBO and Showtime, but I rarely use those.

I love my Atlanta teams though!

Outside of catching the local broadcast on basic cable (if you live in that area) then you're only options are paying for NBA League Pass (if you live outside of the Hawks area) or watching one of the free streams.

The next time you're in that predicament give Icehouse a try. Just in case that's sold out try Miller High Life. Both sneaky good 'round-the-way beers.

Oh man Icehouse brings me back to my high school drinking days back in 93! I think it had the highest alcohol content of any of the regular convenience store beers and because of that of course we had to have it. I haven't tried that in many years but I seemed to remember it was pretty good.

• Premium Member

ryandauwalker, on 06 Mar 2013 - 12:12, said:Oh, I understand that an internet-based TV solution is ideal from a fiscal perspective. That's why I'm doing it. My philosophy is "make all you can, save all you can, give all you can," but there are areas where I need to improve (this being one of them).The only problem is that I do not feel comfortable using illegal streams like firstrow or justin.tv. If those options are off the table, can I make it work? TV and movies seem to be covered with Netflix, Hulu. I have an e-mail address on my parent's account that supports HBO and Showtime, but I rarely use those.I love my Atlanta teams though!

Falcons are covered since most of their games are on free tv. Hawks and Braves are a different story. I don't see how you'll be able to watch a season of Hawks or Braves at an affordable price with resorting to illegal streaming.So yeah...League Pass is probably your best option. Edited by NineOhTheRino