• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thinking about canceling Cable...

ryandauwalker

No OTA/Digital TV for the hawks. You're either gonna watch em on Fox Sports South (Comcast/Satellite) or NBA League Pass if you don't live in the Atlanta market. I got rid of Satellite 2 years ago and I connect my laptop to my HDTV and watch the hawks play on firstrow on TV that way.

Definitely no OTA for the Hawks. Your best bet is to cut the cable and get a device such as Roku, that let's you get the NBA pass a la carte. Still, I'm not sure how non sell out works on those passes. Do they black out the games unless they're sold out? I don't know.

Definitely no OTA for the Hawks. Your best bet is to cut the cable and get a device such as Roku, that let's you get the NBA pass a la carte. Still, I'm not sure how non sell out works on those passes. Do they black out the games unless they're sold out? I don't know.

Sell outs do not matter for basketball. All games are blacked out if you live in a certain region. For NBALP probably most of GA and parts of TN, AL, and SC are Hawks territory and blacked out. This is also the same for MLB Extra Innings and NHL Center Ice.The only sport where sell outs matter is the NFL.

2-3 games a week. Come in at 2-3 beers a game. $15 before tax and tip for the three beers, yikes! No way is that less than cable

Spread that out over the whole year, unless you want to cancel cable in the off-season, every year. Plus, what kind of beer are you drinking for $5?

Living in TN, the only time I get Hawks games on SportSouth, is when the Grizzlies aren't playing on the same night.

I'm not paying for League Pass because I'm usually at work at night anyway. And I'm already paying for SynergySports, in which I can watch the replay of a game within 24 hours anyway . . plus get an extensive breakdown of each offensive and defensive play of the game.

So the streaming websites are the best thing ever for fans like me who can't see the game any other way. Shoot, if I open my Skyfire web browser on my phone, I can literally watch games over my phone, like I did last night when I was in Chattanooga, and watched the 2nd half of the Hawks - Lakers game.

Get the streaming NBA League pass (cheaper then the full blown package)...then if you have a ROKU, Apple TV or other streaming device you can watch the Hawks on your tv (and on ipad and phone)

I finally got a new iPad 3 with the GameTime App and NBA League Pass Broadband is freaking awesome on it! I pay for the 5 team plan where it's like $20 bucks or so for a few months and I can watch the game anywhere now on the iPad and on WiFi the first 5 games I have watched have yet to buffer even once. I haven't tried over 4G LTE but I think it's possible and should still play pretty well.

LOL, basically. Hopefully, he can walk there, but $15 is alot for 3 brewskies, not to mention grub.

Posted Image

Man, if I wasn't phobic of heat (I've spent a considerable amount of time all over Africa...still rank Georgia in the summer hotter) I'd be heading on back this moment. $15 is pretty much just a beer and tip in any decent bar in NYC.

Posted Image

Man, if I wasn't phobic of heat (I've spent a considerable amount of time all over Africa...still rank Georgia in the summer hotter) I'd be heading on back this moment. $15 is pretty much just a beer and tip in any decent bar in NYC.

Not to mention you can't get one bigger than 16 ounces there right? Or do many other things that most Americans are still allowed to choose to do or not do.

Not to mention you can't get one bigger than 16 ounces there right? Or do many other things that most Americans are still allowed to choose to do or not do.

Mayor Bloomberg has gotten away with making into law things that I didn't even think a mayor had the power to do. Besides that we devised a system long before he ever even had the chance to slip on his platform shoes and speak out against Four Loko... while also saving money on beer.....

buy individual pitchers.

Yes, you run the risk of your last glass being either flat or warm but every now and then there are specials on actually decent beer that once you do the math out you ended up saving a good chunk. The only issue is getting past the awkward moment when the bartender asks you "how many glasses?"

• Like 2

• Admin

I finally got a new iPad 3 with the GameTime App and NBA League Pass Broadband is freaking awesome on it! I pay for the 5 team plan where it's like $20 bucks or so for a few months and I can watch the game anywhere now on the iPad and on WiFi the first 5 games I have watched have yet to buffer even once. I haven't tried over 4G LTE but I think it's possible and should still play pretty well.

Yeah, I was using my ipad 3 as well to watch it until I discovered the NBA League Pass app on Roku. Now I just watch the Hawks on TV via streaming. Fraction of the price of regular NBA league pass but still on my tv!
  • Like 1

Posted Image

$15 for a beer anywhere is a joke, unless you mean one of those 2 liter Tuskers from Nairobi, and they won't even charge you that much Posted Image Hell, for $15 you can get 2 6-packs of an import here, so that $15 must be some good sh!t.

Edited by Bahamut

$15 for a beer anywhere is a joke, unless you mean one of those 2 liter Tuskers from Nairobi, and they won't even charge you that much Posted Image Hell, for $15 you can get 2 6-packs of an import here, so that $15 must be some good sh!t.

He's talking about at a bar in NYC. Even here in Texas unless you're talking about a beer on special or at happy hour, you're going to spend 7-8 bucks on a pint + tip.