• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Nuggets

lethalweapon3

His bench is kinda thin tonight ya know. And Petro played very well the other night against the Lakers.

I was about to say the same thing................Petro played great against Howard.

Not to mention its the 2nd of back to back games in that thin mountain air.

Sometimes I have to pinch myself and remember who makes up a message board.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

Very thin bench. I think the Hawks are out of gas. Smith didn't even bother to challenge Chandlers jumpshot a moment ago. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Frustrating that we have allowed so many easy transition buckets tonight. And wth is going on with Jenkins shooting tonight? Not over yet but gonna take a miracle.

I blame it on the thin air messing with the trajectory of his shot.

Way to cheer against Jenkins! I honestly can't stand to see stuff like this on here. We all know Jenkins isn't a great defender but do you have to go out of your way to criticize it?

I have never liked Jenkins. Thought he was a bad pick and can only do one thing marginally good. He has zero future in the NBA.

I have never liked Jenkins. Thought he was a bad pick and can only do one thing marginally good. He has zero future in the NBA.

Ok we know no need to harp about it. Can't understand how you can just hate on a Hawk player and wish him to fail like this.
  • Like 2

Games like these just shows how far Teague has to go to be a top 10 caliber PG. Lawson is eating him and Devin alive this game.

15 and 8 vs 18 and 8 is hardly eating him alive. Lawson is the better PG no doubt but Teague held his own tonight.

• Moderators

15 and 8 vs 18 and 8 is hardly eating him alive. Lawson is the better PG no doubt but Teague held his own tonight.

It is the difference between taking 11 shots to score 18 and taking 17 shots to score 15. 18 to 15 doesn't really tell the story on their scoring. Lawson isn't elite but he had the upper hand today for sure.

It is the difference between taking 11 shots to score 18 and taking 17 shots to score 15. 18 to 15 doesn't really tell the story on their scoring. Lawson isn't elite but he had the upper hand today for sure.

Teague was also playing on a bum wheel that he injured early in the game. Not to mention he's trying to shoot over a legit shot blocker in the paint in McGee while Denver had uncontested layups and breaks all night.
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Teague was also playing on a bum wheel that he injured early in the game. Not to mention he's trying to shoot over a legit shot blocker in the paint in McGee while Denver had uncontested layups and breaks all night.

All good reasons for why it wasn't a close contest tonight on the team or PG level.

Come on Dol. You watched that game like I did. Lawson took over the game in the 3rd quarter, while Teague hardly did anything after halftime. It may have been fatigue or what not, but Teague was bad after halftime.

We needed one of our main guys to keep pace when the game was slipping away, and no one could do it. Oh well . . we got 2 home games coming up, with the battle for 4th place coming on Saturday night vs Brooklyn.

All good reasons for why it wasn't a close contest tonight on the team or PG level.

Hard for me to see how Teague playing on a bum ankle with inferior teammates against a better team in their house and putting up pretty similar stats in spite of that isn't a close contest.

• Like 1