Tony Gonzo playing next year !

DJlaysitup

This is a key thing for the Falcons IMO. Tony is a real threat and is obviously physically capable of getting the job done.

This will also allow us to spend the rest of our F/A and draft picks on a running back who won't poop out and get DUIs and Defensive Players.

GO FALCONS !!!

Yes he is...I'm not looking for much movement in free agency but hopefully we hit on our draft picks and improve the defense.

Yes he is...I'm not looking for much movement in free agency but hopefully we hit on our draft picks and improve the defense.

With our first 5 picks we have to hit on 3 at least. I'm assuming we move to a 3-4. We will need a NT and pass rushing OLB for that transition. Hopufully we pick up that second 4th round pick as a compensatory pick for losing Lofton in free agency last year.

1st round - OLB / NT / CB

2nd - OLB / NT / CB

3rd - OLB / NT / CB

4th - RB / G

4th - RB / G

Cornelius Washington could be a steal in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round. Most pass rushers fly off the board in the 1st round. He bulked up to 285 lbs this past year b/c UGA was so thin on the DL. He played out of position at DE in 3-4 b/c he was a team player and filled a mjor need for UGA. He was back down to 265 lb at the combine. He is a natural edge rusher as 3-4 OLB. Jarvis Jones got alot of sacks in 2011 b/c the QB was running away from Washington......and right into Jones. The 2011 SEC Championship game vs. LSU showed how explosive Washington can be on artificial turf. He may be a little stiff with changing direction but his 1st step is explosive for an edge rusher. We may get steal in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round with him. In 2011 he only had 5 sacks but he also had 29 QB pressures. Again, he was responsible for many of Jarvis Jones sacks that year where Washington was the 1st guy in the backfield casuing the QB to run into Jarvis Jones.

Mike Nolan will uncover a pass rushing OLB gem from some where.

Now to free agency:

I heard reports on the radio that TG settled for less money then originally thought ($5.9 mill instead of $7 mill). That would give Atlanta about $9.7 mill in cap space before the signing of Sam Baker. Baker signed a 6 year deal so his signing bonus can be spread over 6 years which is very cap friendly for this season. His cap hit may only be $3.5 mill this year but nothing has officially been reported yet.........but for the sake of conversation lets say that leaves Atlanta with $6.2 mill in cap space.

The Falcons have reportedly shown interest in Richard Seymore. He is a UGA grad and his adopted son, who is also his blood nephew, just committed to UGA. It would make sense for him to come back home to GA. He should not be expensive at this stage of his career (33 years old). He is perfect for 3-4 DE.......which is where he played his best in New England. He has a home in Gwinnett County. I could see him signing for a cap friendly deal to finish his career at home and near his adopted son / nephew.

With Brent Grimes coming off injury some thing he will sign a cheap 1 year deal to prove his value and look for a bigger deal next year. That is the only chance Atlanta has in being able to afford to keep him.

Edited by coachx