• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kobe is calling out Dahntay Jones, Atlanta Hawks after getting seriously injured on last play

hawks21

Hey Kobe we don't have time for your bum ankle to heal. We are trying to make a push for the playoffs. Put your big boy pants on.Sincerely,Dwight Howard

I went back and watched the play from two angles. Kobe kicks his right leg out which contacts Dahntey below the waste. Dahntey's action on the play is borderline a foul in that he did jump toward Kobe to contest and there was some other very light body contact.

But while watching I had a very interesting thought. Should Kobe miss any significant time, this increases the chances of LA missing the playoffs and Houston making it. Meaning Atlanta gets the pick. Conspiracy...duh dun duhnnnnn./

• Like 3

The news after the game was all about KB and his injury.

This injury cost them the game, the season and their rightful

place in the playoffs. (Did you get that message?)

Kobe was mad. He blamed the officials for not "protecting"

him while he was shooting. If we deliberately injured him,

why did we wait until only seconds remained?

Nothing was said about Atlanta winning the game, only the Lakers

losing the game. There is a difference.

Team basketball. Having a plan and executing the plan. Getting

contributions from several different players. Having our rookie JJ

guard their hot shooting KB and slowing him down when everyone

believes that our JJ is a one dimentional player, a shooter and that's

it. One starter, Horford and our bench, on the second of back to back

games just too much for Superman, KB and the mighty Lakers.

Oh, and did I mention, Superman's buddy Josh didn't play?

• Like 3

Worrying about revenge against Dahntay and the Hawks....lolololol, c'mon Kobe you better than that. Better worry about making the playoffs. Chances are, Dahntay won't even be with the Hawks next sseason.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

LMAO! This is too funny...

Just when I was starting to like the black mamba...He became Kobe again...Pretty clear there was no intent to hurt Kobe on Dahntay's part...Great win for the Hawks..

Hey Kobe we don't have time for your bum ankle to heal. We are trying to make a push for the playoffs. Put your big boy pants on.Sincerely,Dwight Howard

• Like 1

I'll play the role of contrarian I guess. To me it is clear Jones walks under him. Bryant is fading away so there is really no reason for D Jones to be under him. He contests the shot but then continues moving forward to disrupt Bryant's landing.

I don't like the play but of course I like the result.

Of course it is very ironic that Bowen is the one tsk-tsking.

Edited by jhay610

I'll play the role of contrarian I guess. To me it is clear Jones walks under him. Bryant is fading away so there is really no reason for D Jones to be under him. He contests the shot but then continues moving forward to disrupt Bryant's landing.

I don't like the play but of course I like the result.

Of course it is very ironic that Bowen is the one tsk-tsking.

I agree with that to an extent; however when a player fades away and you try to contest the shot, your momentum carries you towards them some. If Kobe hadn't kicked his leg out, whether it was intentional to gain space or unintentional, he wouldn't have landed on Jones' foot and subsequently rolled his ankle.

It's a bad break for Kobe to have gotten injured, but I personally don't think Dahntay was intentionally trying to hurt Kobe on the play. He merely wanted to play tough defense. The team is struggling and they have to be feeling the pressure of that struggle. Everyone on that floor wanted to play tough D and not be the one who gave up a basket at that point of the game.

This reminds me of a Simpsons episode where Bart starts swinging his arms furiously and proclaims "I am going to start walking and if you get in my way it is your fault".Yeah Kobe, just kick your legs and fade away. That is a *normal* shot. Freaking prick.

I'll play the role of contrarian I guess. To me it is clear Jones walks under him. Bryant is fading away so there is really no reason for D Jones to be under him. He contests the shot but then continues moving forward to disrupt Bryant's landing. I don't like the play but of course I like the result. Of course it is very ironic that Bowen is the one tsk-tsking.

Bruce Bowen's bowtie should just choke him... He was the original master.

• Moderators

Ridiculous that anyone thinks that's a dirty play. What a joke this league has become. Dwight is putting the smackdown on guys heads with no calls yet Kobe is whining because he stepped on someones toe and rolled his ankle? What a bunch of friggin babies.

• Like 1