• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kobe is calling out Dahntay Jones, Atlanta Hawks after getting seriously injured on last play

hawks21

I wish this was old school bball and the next 4 defenders on Kobe were Rudy Tomjanovic, Jerry Sloan, Pat Riley and Phil Jackson...that would be just plain f*** to watch...Kobe would come out of that in no less that a wheel chair guaranteed.

• Moderators

Here's Jones' responses, via Twitter: "Tape doesn't lie. Ankle was turned on the floor after the leg kick out that knocked him off balance. I would never try to hurt the man. ... Leg kick that makes contact with a defensive player is an offense foul. Period. The nba changed that rule 2 yrs ago. Stop it! ... I have the utmost respect for @kobebryant. I would never try to intentionally hurt him. Just wanted to contest the fadeaway #thatsall. .. Now what happened in 09' I am not proud of but it was a heated playoff series with a championship on the line."

Obvious leg kick to try to draw contact and a foul. You're too old for that s*** Kobe. Better concentrate more on getting two feet on the ground.

Edited by AHF
  • Like 1

I wish this was old school bball and the next 4 defenders on Kobe were Rudy Tomjanovic, Jerry Sloan, Pat Riley and Phil Jackson...that would be just plain f*** to watch...Kobe would come out of that in no less that a wheel chair guaranteed.

Surprised you didn't put Bill Laimbeer in, coach Posted Image

• Like 1

• Moderators

Kobe (and the league office) was supposed to cut out the old kicking-the-foot-out-to-create-space trick. Landing where he did was Mr. Bryant's fault, and no one else's. Hope he bought Ankle Insurance!

Posted Image

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 4

• Moderators

Obvious leg kick to try to draw contact and a foul. You're too old for that s*** Kobe. Better concentrate more on getting two feet on the ground.

Sorry. I thought there was a profanity filter that would catch that automatically. Didn't realize i had to use my own ****.

Since you added Rudy T to the mix, better add the guy who smashed his face in, Kermit Washington. If Kermit got a hold of Kobe, he'd be wearing his nose on the back side of his head.

• Like 2

Mike Bresnahan: NBA expected to send out a release in which it says a foul should have been called and two shots awarded on the Kobe-Dahntay Jones play.

Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#x5YoX4kzxrcPQkX2.99

How about sending out a release that says a foul should have been called when D12 and Metta both clobbered Al casing him to get a technical.

How about sending out a release that says a foul should have been called on D12 for leveling Ivan and giving his 5th foul.

How about sending out a release that says a foul should have been called for the initial kick by Kobe.

Crap like this pisses me off because it is so one sided in favour of the glam teams and Superstars.

WE NEED A SUPERSTAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. - I hope Kobe comes back sooner than expected and I sincerly hope the Lakes don't make the playoffs.

What the hell did Dantay have to gain from trying to hurt him on the last play of the game? Kobe is the toughest shot maker of his era. You have to defend his jumper from lift off to landing, plain and simple. Great strategy by he and Jenkins by not trying to block his shot (only Kyle can do that) or going for fakes.

• Like 2

• Moderators

That upcoming release is driven purely by three things:

(1) Kobe's popularity;

(2) Kobe getting unlucky and injured (that type of play happens all the time);

and

(3) Kobe complaining to the media.

If this injury happened to Jones, no one would care.

If Kobe simply missed the shot and fell down and popped back up, no one would care.

If Kobe chalked up the injury to bad luck rather than accusing Jones of trying to destroy his career then it wouldn't be a controversy (Lakers fans would still care about anything that kept him out for any period of time but there would be no big media story).

This has NOTHING to do with trying to make sure all the calls from the Atlanta/LA game were correct.

Edited by AHF
  • Like 4

I find this play encouraging. I still remember a late 80s series with Boston in which Dominque dove to the ground to grab a lose ball, Larry Bird walked over stepped on his stomach pulled the ball loose and passed for a fast break, no foul. Maybe this means the days of super protected can do anything superstars is passing. It didn't make me more a fan of NBA ball. I've always preferred the college game where stars don't get special foul treatment.

• Moderators

“I think officials really need to protect shooters,” Bryant told reporters following the game. “You can contest shots, but you can’t walk underneath players, that’s dangerous for the shooter."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Has anyone photoshopped a Simba on this pic yet? "Asking for a friend."

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 1

This is why I like Charles BArkley, he is always honest. He may not always be right but he doesn't mind being wrong and admitting he was wrong.

TNT analyst Charles Barkley, meanwhile, told USA TODAY Sports that he didn't see it as a dirty play. "I don't think a guy in a two-point game in the last play of the game is making a conscious effort to say, 'Let me try and hurt a guy,' " he said by phone. "It's the last play of the game. I don't think a guy's mind works that fast. I mean he's guarding Kobe Bryant and Kobe's trying to go one-on-one. I don't think in his mind that he's computing the whole time, 'If Kobe goes up, I'm going to go under his leg.' I don't think it was a dirty play. I think it's just an unfortunate thing." USA Today Sports

While Barkley is not a fan of Twitter and had not seen Bryant's comments, he cautioned the Lakers star against making accusations that, in Bryant's words, it was "foul play." "Listen man, you have to be careful accusing people of something like that," Barkley said. "You can't prove it." USA Today Sports

Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#oeRMBrC4WtdGBxeF.99

• Premium Member

LMAO! This is too funny...

Just when I was starting to like the black mamba...He became Kobe again...Pretty clear there was no intent to hurt Kobe on Dahntay's part...Great win for the Hawks..

I think that's questionable.

I'm going to say it like this, this is not the first time for these two.