• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Miami's New Logo

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

I like the new logo, but a part of me hates seeing the old one go. There are just some organizations in sports that should never change their logos! I miss the helmet... lol

The Miami Dolphins unveiled their new logo Wednesday, part of a redesign to give the team a fresh look next season.

The Dolphins have also designed new uniforms, but those won't be unveiled until April 25.

The new logo features a more realistic looking Dolphin, and he's not wearing a helmet anymore. (That was the best part of the old logo.)

Old logo:

Posted Image

New logo:

Posted Image

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-miami-dolphins-new-logo-20130328,0,1631520.story

It looks like a freaking whale to me and I'm not a big fan of it at all. But our owner is smart and he knows that people are going to want to buy a lot more new merchandise now to have the new logo, as opposed to those who might only buy jerseys of new players. I'm still waiting to see what it's going to look like on the uniform and helmet, but I'm nostalgic about the old one that looked like a real logo and not like it was trying to look like an actual Dolphin.

Also, that's not quite the actual new logo, that's an older version. Let me see if I can find the new one where it's shown on a new Nike jersey...

It's ok, I hope they keep the stripe patterns on the sleeve, and pants. I suppose we'll lean more draft week.

I've heard they're going with white face masks on the white helmets, which should look pretty cool. I've also heard there is an all white uniform with the white on white helmet as well. Not sure how that would look but could be kinda throwback looking.

I've heard they're going with white face masks on the white helmets, which should look pretty cool. I've also heard there is an all white uniform with the white on white helmet as well. Not sure how that would look but could be kinda throwback looking.
That sounds like a copy of the all white heat uniform.I don't like that new logo at all. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

• Moderators

Wondering aloud, but was the Falcons' logo change the most popularly-satisfying update in pro sports? I just remember the immediate reaction from fans and the larger public was about as good as any I can recall.

I think the Broncos' change had a few groans (when they ditched the Denver 'D' and darkened the blue color) but the mood turned around when they won a Super Bowl in the new unis. I think the Patriots' dumping of the hiking "Pat" and going silver was panned, but the Super Bowl victories and some tweaks to the uni numbering turned that around, too.

(EDIT: oops, I forgot the Buccaneers! Maybe the Falcons are second?)

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

Wondering aloud, but was the Falcons' logo change the most popularly-satisfying update in pro sports? I just remember the immediate reaction from fans and the larger public was about as good as any I can recall.

I think the Broncos' change had a few groans (when they ditched the Denver 'D' and darkened the blue color) but the mood turned around when they won a Super Bowl in the new unis. I think the Patriots' dumping of the hiking "Pat" and going silver was panned, but the Super Bowl victories and some tweaks to the uni numbering turned that around, too.

(EDIT: oops, I forgot the Buccaneers! Maybe the Falcons are second?)

~lw3

Really? My friends and I hate the "new" Falcons logo. There was nothing wrong, heck everything right, about the black and silver uniforms. That black helmet with the white outline of the falcon was classic. Give me those uniforms over the current ones any day.

I suspect when the new stadium opens, the Falcons will go to the classic red and black uni they are wearing on throwback days.

• Moderators

Really? My friends and I hate the "new" Falcons logo. There was nothing wrong, heck everything right, about the black and silver uniforms. That black helmet with the white outline of the falcon was classic. Give me those uniforms over the current ones any day.

I suspect when the new stadium opens, the Falcons will go to the classic red and black uni they are wearing on throwback days.

Glanville's uniform change was pretty much loved as I recall.

I love the Falcons uniforms but the ones before that were pretty good too. By far the best change IMO was the Bucs moving from their old hideous uniforms to the sweet pewter based uniforms they use now.

BTW here are the home and road uniform concepts that I've heard the Dolphins are going to use next year. They're pretty freaking sweet looking if I say so myself.

Home

post-5-0-15346800-1365035263_thumb.jpg

Road

post-5-0-50198600-1365035277_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well our new logos officially came out and while I'm sure most of you won't care, I figured I'd update this thread to show what the whole thing looks like. I think these are freaking sweet and have sort of a throwback feel to them.

Posted Image

You all are having a nice lil offseason overall. Must be exciting as a fan right now. Happy for y'all bc I know it's been tough the last couple of years.

• Like 2

You all are having a nice lil offseason overall. Must be exciting as a fan right now. Happy for y'all bc I know it's been tough the last couple of years.

More like tough past 13 years! That's how long it's been since we've won a playoff game.

Well hopefully you all have at least a bad week when you play us lol

Thanks bud we appreciate it. We need some luck going our way.