• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Hawks re-sign Smoove I may have to find a new team to support.

ATLscrubLove

If I can root for a team with 13, then 26 wins - I can and will root for THE HAWKS no matter who is on the team!!!!!I

I may not be thrilled but its my entertainment.

Guys I'm one of the biggest Hawks fans you'll meet. I've been with this team through the really rough years so to finally be in the postion Ferry has put us in for this summer forward has got me excited for things to come. However, his decision on Smoove is the most crucial decision he has to make this summer and will ultimately determine how good our team will be moving forward. Smoove has been a cancer to this team for as long as I can remember ( aside from maybe 2004 season, that whole squad was crap ). As long as he remains in a Hawks uniform this team will go no where, like being stuck in an endless black hole with no light at the end of the tunnel. I've dealt with him for 9 years too long, time for a change.

I know this post is a bit early as we are still a few months away from free agency but I'm fed up. He thinks it's all about him, do you think he really cares about this team? NO, let's not forget his comments after the Boston series last year and everything that has escalated this season with his alleged remarks about how he thinks he is a max player. A team captain and veteran should not conduct himself this way, period. Even on the court he thinks it's all about him, sure he will pass the ball up occasionally but he loves to jack up those jumpers and tries to run the show like a point guard which results in him turning the ball over. Heck I can't even remember the last time I saw a J Smoove run down rejection do you? You can't, because he doesn't try anymore. He stays back and complains to the refs or just stays back moseying around like an idiot. He is just playing for that large amount of money coming his way this summer. Josh Smith is an embarrassment to this organization and to the city of Atlanta.

I love what Danny Ferry has done thus far but to me his decision on Smoove will ultimately determine where this team will be for the next 3-4 years. If he retains Smoove, there is no hope for the Hawks.

Oh please tiny infant Jesus, let us re-sign Smoove for the MLE. Let this guy leave the real Hawks fans alone so he can spend the rest of his days begging for autographs from the Georgia Gwizzlies.

Oh we all know you're a Josh fan first and foremost and I'm 99% sure you'll be gone as soon as he signs someplace else. That's the difference between me and you...

The most ignorant post I've seen in years. Just because I defend Hawks player(s), mainly Josh because he's the one that gets criticize the most don't mean shit. Is he my favorite H-A-W-K-S player? Yes. To hear you say that, and have people liking your comment is ridiculous. I don't like anyone bashing any of our Hawks players. If you look at my post history, you will see that I always try to be optimistic about the team & players instead of people bashing players like it's the ESPN board. It's crazy becasue that's like me saying if Al Horford leaves you're going to shut down Hawksquawk.

I hope you were joking around.. I really do.

The most ignorant post I've seen in years. Just because I defend Hawks player(s), mainly Josh because he's the one that gets criticize the most don't mean shit. Is he my favorite H-A-W-K-S player? Yes. To hear you say that, and have people liking your comment is ridiculous. I don't like anyone bashing any of our Hawks players. If you look at my post history, you will see that I always try to be optimistic about the team & players instead of people bashing players like it's the ESPN board. It's crazy becasue that's like me saying if Al Horford leaves you're going to shut down Hawksquawk.

I hope you were joking around.. I really do.

The fact that people "like" my post should tell you EVERYTHING about how you're seen around here. You can feel my comment is ignorant all you want as it doesn't bother me in the slightest but at the end of the day I'd bet at least 9 out of 10 people here see you as a Josh Smith fan first and foremost and I'd be willing to bet that 75% of those 9 would expect you to leave Hawksquawk if Josh signed elsewhere.

And please don't act like you defend other Hawks players like you do Josh. You defend the guy like he walks on water, regardless of what he does or doesn't do. You go out of your way to defend him just as much as the opposite types of extremists go out of their way to bash him. If you did that for every player it would be one thing, but since it's only Josh that people here see you defend like that I would think it's pretty clear why people "liked" my post.

Next time, I will join the bash party and act like every other Hawks fan.

... and people wonder why our fan base is complete shit.

You mean like all the times that you use the revolving door on your cloud above us to bash Al?

Ohhhhhhh wait, you're totally being ironic when you do that. Posted Image

Edited by MaceCase
  • Like 3

Next time, I will join the bash party and act like every other Hawks fan.

... and people wonder why our fan base is complete shit.

Yep it's because of extremists. Because you don't like what I said you're just going to automatically jump to the other extreme of bashing, which to me isn't any worse than extreme hugging of one player.

The Hawks fan base that makes this team look bad isn't represented by 90% of Hawksquawk as most here praise and criticize equally, it's the people that go to Hawks games who have never even heard of Hawksquawk and don't actually care about the Hawks at all who make our "fan base" look like it's shit. And just like in any other situation if you've seen a player be a certain way and do bad things for 9 years you're going to lean towards criticizing more than praising. It's like a bad marriage at this point where the husband or wife has been maxing out the credit cards for 9 years even though the couple can't afford it but he or she continues to do it, despite how bad it is for them and their marriage. At some point he or she is going to get fed up with the other and want the marriage ended.

Yep it's because of extremists. Because you don't like what I said you're just going to automatically jump to the other extreme of bashing, which to me isn't any worse than extreme hugging of one player.

The Hawks fan base that makes this team look bad isn't represented by 90% of Hawksquawk as most here praise and criticize equally, it's the people that go to Hawks games who have never even heard of Hawksquawk and don't actually care about the Hawks at all who make our "fan base" look like it's shit. And just like in any other situation if you've seen a player be a certain way and do bad things for 9 years you're going to lean towards criticizing more than praising. It's like a bad marriage at this point where the husband or wife has been maxing out the credit cards for 9 years even though the couple can't afford it but he or she continues to do it, despite how bad it is for them and their marriage. At some point he or she is going to get fed up with the other and want the marriage ended.

I can tell you're not married Dolf. Husbands don't get to max out credit cards. Posted Image

• Like 1

I can tell you're not married Dolf. Husbands don't get to max out credit cards. Posted Image

Haha divorced... and you're right about that one, but I didn't want to be sexist so as not to offend JayBird and any other female constituents Hawksquawk may have.

No offense taken, he is right...hahaha.

Haha divorced... and you're right about that one, but I didn't want to be sexist so as not to offend JayBird and any other female constituents Hawksquawk may have.

I can't believe anybody is comparing Romo resigning with the cowboys to our hawks situation. The cowboys are the most popular football team in the world (They were atleast, and are probably still top 2 or 3, if not 1).

Also, the cowboys have won 3 super bowls in my lifetime so its not like cowboys fans have a life worth of disappointment in their team. Their owner will spend the money to get the right players and they will always atleast be in the conversation until their mid-season implosion.

I see it all as a relationship just like any other relationship we have. Things happen, circumstances change, relationships die (I realized how morbid that sounded as soon as I typed it).

If I had a young son/daughter right now who wanted to learn the game of basketball, I sure as hell am not going to take them out to go watch Josh Smith play.

Edited by ag82

The fact that people "like" my post should tell you EVERYTHING about how you're seen around here. You can feel my comment is ignorant all you want as it doesn't bother me in the slightest but at the end of the day I'd bet at least 9 out of 10 people here see you as a Josh Smith fan first and foremost and I'd be willing to bet that 75% of those 9 would expect you to leave Hawksquawk if Josh signed elsewhere.

And please don't act like you defend other Hawks players like you do Josh. You defend the guy like he walks on water, regardless of what he does or doesn't do. You go out of your way to defend him just as much as the opposite types of extremists go out of their way to bash him. If you did that for every player it would be one thing, but since it's only Josh that people here see you defend like that I would think it's pretty clear why people "liked" my post.

Because people treat him like he's garbage. The people that "liked" it are the people who treat him and blame every loss on him. I don't like the fact that people trash him the way they do. If they want to go extreme and trash him, i can do the same vice versa. Simple as that. "I don't see you defending other players like you defend Josh" Wonder why? Think about that. I guess now that Chipper has left the team, I'm going to stop being a Braves fan. Now that UGA has lost a lot of their defensive players, I'm going to become a Bama fan. LOL, what do you think I am? A sports fans of all different teams? I'm an all Atlanta fan, except I pull for the Steelers in NFL because I grew up watching Steelers football. Falcons are my next team. Crazy to see you think that just because my favorite player is leaving, you think I'm going to leave too. LOL smh. You are crazy. People mad because I defend a Hawks players who they hate. LOL

I'm a Josh fan, so let me somehow find a message board that is associated with the Hawks and get a lot of post, watch every game, join the Hawksquawk chatroom every night and talk Hawks basketball. LOL. It's a damn shame that you think that. We all know Josh can't shoot. People trash him for that. Understandable. But going out of your way saying he loses games, sucks, etc is pretty extreme. Me defending him with all the non sense BS he gets is not okay just because he don't people dont like him shooting? Ok. Makes perfect sense.

Griffey is one of my all time favorite baseball players, but I didn't grow up a Mariners fan. Kobe & MJ are my all time favorite bball players, but I'm not a Bulls or Lakers fan. I hate both of those teams. If Josh left it would be no different. I would hope the best for him and that's about it.

Edited by AHawks89

That being said, I wouldn't consider taking Josh back unless it's for a reasonable price. If we could some pieces (superstars) then Josh would be a perfect fit on this team. He is an elite defender (IMO), great passer, and good rebounder. And I'm sure if Woody can make him stop shooting 3's then some other coach can too. It's obvious that LD allows him to take the 3's - Woody didn't allow that.

I defend the guy because he gets way to much shit for shooting, but people overlook the positives. Like I said, I'm the guy who is always optimistic about our team and players.

• Like 1

One last thing, it's funny that I was the one saying peace to someone who doesn't like a player to a point where they'll end up being a "fan" of another team, and questioning their love for this team. And yet, of all people YOU try and single me out because I defend a Hawks player. Pretty damn ironic.

And now I'm the subject of this thread for questioning someones love for this team? Really makes me wonder. *scratches head* Posted Image

Edited by AHawks89

I can assure you all my dislike of Josh is completely logical, calculated, and has been a long time coming. They are for basketball reasons only so no need to take it personally. It would be the same for any overpaid and underperforming player on any of my favorite teams. Josh's faults are mainly of choice which is what pisses people off. Josh could choose to change but he won't. That's what pisses us off. It pains you to see Al doing things the right way and getting praised for it while leaving Josh in the dust. But why?

I can assure you all my dislike of Josh is completely logical, calculated, and has been a long time coming. They are for basketball reasons only so no need to take it personally. It would be the same for any overpaid and underperforming player on any of my favorite teams. Josh's faults are mainly of choice which is what pisses people off. Josh could choose to change but he won't. That's what pisses us off. It pains you to see Al doing things the right way and getting praised for it while leaving Josh in the dust. But why?

Why don't you click on my topic history and read where I've praised Horford for his improvent, efficient scoring, etc.

Funny to see all the doubters out there bail on us after we shipped of Joe Johnson. Improved play from Teague & Horford has been key this season.

http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/378713-people-who-thought-the-hawks-had-no-chance-at-making-playoffs/

I don't see Josh's name in there. Do you? I love Horford, but I think it's funny how he's the golden child when yet EVERY player has their flaws. Josh, Al, & Teague are my favorite players in the East. Like I said, look up my topics and I bet you none of them have been specifically only about Josh. Most of them are about the Hawks, or Al - Jeff- and Smoove.

Edited by AHawks89