• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Hawks re-sign Smoove I may have to find a new team to support.

ATLscrubLove

• Moderators

How do you know that this site isn't secretly owned by the Hawks and that upon accepting your position as moderator that you didn't also become employed by them as well?

Sweet. I am updating my resume even as we speak...

• Like 4

While I'll agree, that 9 years is a long time to have a player, and he's frustrating. I get it. But the hate he gets around here, "moron", "idiot"..."I won't be a Hawks fan if he's brought back"..... Well, then, good riddance. My loyalty goes past one player, and if he's brought back, I'll still be watching every night like I do now. I remember that 13 win team. We've now made the playoffs 6 straight years. Smoove has been a big part of that success. Are we NBA championship caliber? No....but who really is? Miami, OKC, and San Antonio. That's all I see.

• Like 1

While I'll agree, that 9 years is a long time to have a player, and he's frustrating. I get it. But the hate he gets around here, "moron", "idiot"..."I won't be a Hawks fan if he's brought back"..... Well, then, good riddance. My loyalty goes past one player, and if he's brought back, I'll still be watching every night like I do now. I remember that 13 win team. We've now made the playoffs 6 straight years. Smoove has been a big part of that success. Are we NBA championship caliber? No....but who really is? Miami, OKC, and San Antonio. That's all I see.

Yeah I don't like the moron and idiot stuff but I can understand having an emotional reaction and feeling like you don't want to support a team who's bringing back a player who doesn't put the team first. But no matter what they do, short of trading for Pierce, I will remain a loyal Hawks fan. Even if they traded for Pierce I'd only take a sabbatical while he's a member of the team.

Yeah I don't like the moron and idiot stuff but I can understand having an emotional reaction and feeling like you don't want to support a team who's bringing back a player who doesn't put the team first. But no matter what they do, short of trading for Pierce, I will remain a loyal Hawks fan. Even if they traded for Pierce I'd only take a sabbatical while he's a member of the team.

Yeah, I mean, I get as frustrated as the next Hawks fan with Smoove. Is it time for a new scenery for him? Yeah. I think its best for him and the team.. But the personal shots get old.

lol...I wouldn't be too happy bringing Pierce in here either.

Do I like PP? No, I do not!

If given the choice, trade Josh for PP, one for one and have to

keep whichever one you had for 3 years more, I would seriously

consider the trade.

And, remember this. I do not like PP and do not want him here.

• Premium Member

Josh will not be back next year. I don't necessarily have an "inside source" but I've got it on good authority from someone who's a member here who works for the Hawks that unless Josh takes a nice pay CUT that he won't be back next year. And we all know how likely that is to happen. So enjoy these last 10+ games that Josh has with us because that will be the end.

Posted Image TY for the info!

I agree with OP a bit here. Not that I will ever stop keeping up with the hawks, but I find myself not even wanting to watch games lately. I just really really dislike the way Josh Smith plays basketball. I find it mind boggling and incredibly hard to blindly support.

Having said that, I don't think he's going to come back. Hawks gain nothing by tipping their hand at this point. I can't see Danny Ferry watching these games and wanting to pay that guy anything near what he is going to demand.

Just seeing another fanbase reading this and reaffirming their thoughts this is the worst fanbase in the country. "Fans" like this were probably cheering for the big market teams while making the Hawks "his favorite second team".

Shameless.

The Cowboys just resigned Romo and you don't see me ready to jump ship. All I gotta do now is wait for Jerry Jones to die before we're ever good again...

That doesn't quite fit as it's not like Romo is trying refusing to pass or hand the ball off 30% of the time and instead thinking he's Barry Sanders with the ball and just running it himself. That would be a fitting analogy for what Josh Smith does. Romo just sucks in the clutch but it's not intentional. That contract is pretty bad though for a guy who chokes when it counts the most.

But nobody should jump ship over one of our players being re-signed or let go. Sadly I think that we will lose a few fans either way.

I agree with OP a bit here. Not that I will ever stop keeping up with the hawks, but I find myself not even wanting to watch games lately. I just really really dislike the way Josh Smith plays basketball. I find it mind boggling and incredibly hard to blindly support.

Having said that, I don't think he's going to come back. Hawks gain nothing by tipping their hand at this point. I can't see Danny Ferry watching these games and wanting to pay that guy anything near what he is going to demand.

This is EXACTLY how I feel

I love basktball and just watching Josh butcher wat i love just makes me so mad. And his "I don't give a f**k" attitude really annoys me

I haven't been watching the past few games cuz of him. Im really fed up

If you're a true fan.....for any sports team, you don't jump ship, especially for one player. Not that anyone cares, but I'm old. Started at 8 years old, and now 36. All Hawks. Love the Hawks. I think Josh Smith has been awesome. Time to go? Maybe. Probably. Yes. But I appreciate all he's done for this team (not over)....it's been almost a decade!!!

• Like 2

Keyword: HAWK fans. Not player X fans. I cheer for the team, not a player. Of course I want our players to succeed but if they're play is detrimental to the teams success then I want them gone.

How do you know that you aren't my source?

Sorry that your opinion doesn't match mine