1 z - Miami

2 x - New York

3 x - Indiana

4 x - Brooklyn

5 x - Atlanta

6 x - Chicago

7 x - Boston

8 Milwaukee

It will stay like this. I think this is the matches the NBA wants.

Nets have home court for their new arena. They have the JJ talk and maybe a easier chance for the Nets to make it to the 2nd round.

Miami will then have two easy teams to go against in the 1st and 2nd round.... Buck and Net/Hawks. The NBA don't want to see the Heat go against the 2nd best Coach in the East.. Tom.

Knicks and Boston... instant big money

Pacers and Bull are the two teams no one really wants to play.

I would like to see our Hawks play the Pacers… I’m going to be there cheering no matter what thou.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

The full court press by the league to get Kobe into the playoffs so the Thunder have a compelling first round series against the Lakers really backfired on them. Of course people forget that the Lakers still have some players.

If the Hawks beat the Nets in the first round I call it a successful season honestly. If we take a couple games from the Heat then we've overachieved.

I agree but I want to beat the heat soooo bad.

The full court press by the league to get Kobe into the playoffs so the Thunder have a compelling first round series against the Lakers really backfired on them. Of course people forget that the Lakers still have some players.

If the Hawks beat the Nets in the first round I call it a successful season honestly. If we take a couple games from the Heat then we've overachieved.

The full court press by the league to get Kobe into the playoffs so the Thunder have a compelling first round series against the Lakers really backfired on them. Of course people forget that the Lakers still have some players. If the Hawks beat the Nets in the first round I call it a successful season honestly. If we take a couple games from the Heat then we've overachieved.

There are those who would say we overachieved already being in the 5 th seed based on trading Joe but more importantly having a roster with more than half of the players on expiring contracts.

There are those who would say we overachieved already being in the 5 th seed based on trading Joe but more importantly having a roster with more than half of the players on expiring contracts.

On one hand I think the Hawks did overachieve but on the other hand u gotta remember the East is absolutely PUTRID

Edited by Bonkers

The Hawks have played to what I thought they'd do 46 wins +/- 3. In terms of what the NBA wanted, the playoffs seem to be shaping up well for them. I do think they'd want the Lakers to be a higher seed and have Kobe playing, though.

I'm looking forward to beating the Nets in 6. The team can do it,

On one hand I think the Hawks did overachieve but on the other hand u gotta remember the East is absolutely PUTRID

So what does that say about any of the past Hawks team successes then? Did the East become putrid over night? Because this current team despite losing key cogs is only 2 games off the average number of games that the past playoff teams won with still 2 to go.

• Premium Member

1 z - Miami

2 x - New York

3 x - Indiana

4 x - Brooklyn

5 x - Atlanta

6 x - Chicago

7 x - Boston

8 Milwaukee

It will stay like this. I think this is the matches the NBA wants.

Nets have home court for their new arena. They have the JJ talk and maybe a easier chance for the Nets to make it to the 2nd round.

Miami will then have two easy teams to go against in the 1st and 2nd round.... Buck and Net/Hawks. The NBA don't want to see the Heat go against the 2nd best Coach in the East.. Tom.

Knicks and Boston... instant big money

Pacers and Bull are the two teams no one really wants to play.

I would like to see our Hawks play the Pacers… I’m going to be there cheering no matter what thou.

I think that's the case but also, don't rule out us dropping. Toronto looked very good again Brooklyn and we're going to struggle on these last two.

Chicago vs. Indy is a snooze fest... and they may consider the same of us vs. Brooklyn. But Chicago matches us pretty good against Brooklyn from an Offense to Defense standpt.

JayBirdHawk, on 15 Apr 2013 - 10:05, said:

It's true. There were so many injuries that set the East back. Derrick Rose is an MVP and the Bulls best players. Danny Granger was the Pacers best player leading up to this season. Rajon Rondo is one of the best point guards in the NBA. Bulls, Celtics and Knicks have been banged up a lot of the season. Bulls had the best record in the NBA the past two seasons so they probably would have been the 2 seed. Celtics probably would have pushed the Pacers for the 4th seed then. That makes the Heat, Bulls, Knicks, Pacers and Celtics potentially the top 5. Bulls and Celtics being beat up changed the East.

• Admin

This is already a successful season. We gutted our team and brought in a bunch of free agent cast offs and made the playoffs. We were not supposed to do that. We watched our guys improve and had some great finds like Korver and Harris. The team accomplished a lot this year.