• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Hawks look like an expansion Team next season?

PaceRam

From what I have read on the Hawks message boards it sounds like there might be a lot of new players on their roster next season and possibly even a new Head Coach which could end up making the Hawks roster look like an expansion team. It should be a Wild Offseason!!!

• Moderators

This series should show Ferry all he should know about this team. We have no potential stars/superstars on this team.

Agree with the first part... Completely disagree with the second part. Horford is an All Star and Teague is on the verge of being a star. Ferry just has to get these guys some help and I believe he will... I just have a feeling that we will get a player that make Hawks fans happy. It may not be Dwight or Paul, but I think it will be a guy that makes us much better and fixes a need.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

IN this league....

3 superstars get you to the championship.

2 superstars gets you deep into the playoffs.

1 superstar gets you to the playoffs.

0 superstars gets you into the lottery.

I don't know how we made it to the playoffs.

• Like 3

Teague Horford?

Teague is getting outplayed by George Hill and his defense is abysmal. Greivis Vasquez is arguably better than him. How is he a star/superstar? It is hard for me to call a big man who does not dominate on defense and/or have a post game a star/superstar. I do like him and think he can be a great piece in a Horace Grant mold though.

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 1

IN this league....

Come on D, just look at the Lake-Show this year. I think you should rearrange this statement. Champions have X #Stars, although I would still disagree with that (but not too much).

Hows about we just keep trying to make our team better? Superstars or not, if you just make your team better then you are getting in a better position to win it all. It is not like we are going against this mantra.

Agree with the first part... Completely disagree with the second part. Horford is an All Star and Teague is on the verge of being a star. Ferry just has to get these guys some help and I believe he will... I just have a feeling that we will get a player that make Hawks fans happy. It may not be Dwight or Paul, but I think it will be a guy that makes us much better and fixes a need.

They arent stars wtf they are 3rd options. They arent even consistent enough to even be 2nd options.

• Premium Member

IN this league.... 3 superstars get you to the championship. 2 superstars gets you deep into the playoffs. 1 superstar gets you to the playoffs. 0 superstars gets you into the lottery. I don't know how we made it to the playoffs.

Teague and Horford gets you mediocrity

• Moderators

IN this league....

The Hawks haven't had a superstar for quite a long time but they have made the playoffs repeatedly in recent years. 0 superstars doesn't ticket you to the lottery.

Here are other playoff teams this season with no superstar (I think there are actually others but these should all be no-brainers):

Milwaukee Bucks

Chicago Bulls

Indiana Pacers

Denver Nuggets

Golden State Warriors

Plenty of teams make the playoffs without a superstar if they have a solid combination of a few good players.

Edited by AHF
  • Like 1

IN this league....

16/30 teams make the playoffs. You only need a pulse.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

16/30 teams make the playoffs. You only need a pulse.

making the NBA Playoffs is like getting a participation award
  • Like 1

Posted this in another thread but it should rest right here:

We have to get bigger. Looking at what Ferry did in Cleveland ( Big Z, Shaq, Jamison, Verejao, and Hickson ), I think he already knows this. Inside the paint scoring is efficient and good 3pt shooting is efficient. His whole philosophy is based on being efficient.

If we look like a expansion team next season, we will at least look like one with a bright future. I do believe Ferry knows what he is doing. JJ, Smoove, and Horford were good building blocks five years ago. But now JJ is not even a great 2nd option and Smoove as our first, second, or even third option is sad. Moving JJ was a huge win, and moving Smoove next, due to his inefficient scoring tendencies, is in all likelihood a done deal in his mind.

Lou, Teague, Horford to go along with two picks and cap. I think those three players alone make us better than a expansion team. Bigger and more efficient in the paint scoring is an obvious need. A good scoring option at the 2 or 3 is right up there in the pecking order.

Edited by Buzzard

Can't have it both ways. We made the playoffs. You can't make the playoffs

without a star player. We don't have any star players. We're like a puppy

chasing his tail, going round and round.

Everyone agrees. Superman is a star in the NBA. He led his Lakers to the

playoffs and they were swept in the first round.

Hawks pulled their sleepwalk act for two games against the Pacers on the road.

They awoke at home and made it look easy. There will be no sweep of Atlanta.

What did we look like this year? We were destined to be a lottery team. There

was no way we could do better, losing two of our starting five and having two

players under contract for more than this year. Every one else, including our

coach, would be free agents at the end of the season.

Our GM must have done something right. Our coach and his staff must have

done something right.

What will we look like next season?

I believe our GM knows what he's doing and I'm trusting him to have us look like

a good NBA team.

Our head coach has done an excellent job this year. Consider where we were expected

to end up, (The lottery) and where we are today. We don't know if he will be back or

not. Sure, you say, we could do better. Remember, we could do a lot worse.

What will the Hawks look like? I gotta believe we will be saying - - - -

LOOKING GOOD! GO HAWKS!